Harry Potter discussion

Questions > What Are You Going To Do When Harry Potter Ends?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan (itsmegan) David wrote: "I don't know what i will do.
For 13 years it has been a part of my life,and now it's going to end.
I will cry my eyes when the last movie ends."

I think that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I've lived with Harry Potter my whole life. I've watched him grow up. I've watched him deal with his issues in life. I've watched him fall in love. I've watched him fight for his life. And yes, I know he's a fictional character... but to me, he's real? Does that make sense? But JK Rowlings books have helped me through so much.

So when the final movie is done and all we have are memories, I will probably bawl my eyes out with tears. Because Harry Potter is the one thing that has been completely steady in my life. I read them when I'm down. When I'm happy. When I'm angry. And yeah, that's sort of makes me crazy, but I love those books. They transports me to another universe were I don't have to deal with my problems.

Harry Potter is one of the best things ever. And I'm gonna be so sad when it ends. Granted we will have the movies on DVD and books on are bookselves. And there's still the "Wonderful Wizardy of Harry Potter" resort or whatever in Orlando but it's just not gonna be the same. Were a new movie comes out every summer. It just won't be.

Lol, this was really really long. Sorry. Hahah.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (itsmegan) Lol, I'm sorry, it wasn't to offend. Lol.

message 3: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I don't think it will ever end quite completely. I think a lot of poeple are ecpecting the apocalypse or something. but Harry will always be around, and the people who love him will be too. We will still have the movies, books, friends, websites, music, art, maybe the h uge or small conventions will still open, but even if it's popularity becomes a mere shadow of what it was, Harry Potter is here to stay.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree that Harry Potter wont ever end officially, even if there are no more movies and no new books people will always remember the stories. It was to popular and plenty of readers grew up with it.

message 5: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shelbyreadsalot) | 1 comments This is the great thing about books and movies, Harry Potter will never end. Yeah new books and movies aren't coming out, but when I have kids old enough to understand it, it'll be just like new. The wonder I hope they experience will be a great experience for me.

message 6: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I agree.

message 7: by MarySue (new)

MarySue | 10 comments When Harry Potter ends completely.....
Sit in a dark corner and cry.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

;) never gonna happen. lol

message 9: by MarySue (new)

MarySue | 10 comments Brooke wrote: "jk rowling should make a book about the 19 yrs in between!!!"

Oh. My. Gosh. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

*Sigh* Reading all of this makes me sad... Well, I'd better go check my countdown on my iPod for how many more days...

message 11: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments I typed this before I saw people had already said this but oh well.

Harry potter will never REALLY die. WE won't have the movies to be planning release parties for, and we won't be able to wonder whats gonna happen in the next movie.
But there are SO many fanfiction sites and ect. where people will just keep on and on making stuff.
Making no more movies isn't going to really change anything.
They stop making books, and they got even more popular

message 12: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments I have. The GateKeeper or whatever? Something like that...
Yeah, I like that author. He should write more fan fictons about other characters

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan (itsmegan) Brooke wrote: "yes!!!! its VERY true!!!! but i still want her to write some more...have you guys read the books about james potter? harry's son."

What books?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Die :'(

message 15: by Mikhail (new)

Mikhail | 1 comments Hana Joy wrote: "Die :'("

I think I am going to die now that it is over! :'( harry is so dreamy!!!!

message 16: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess I have grown up with Harry Potter.
My dad read me Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when I was 5. Since then I have re-read the series countless times, and seen the movies too many times to count.
The books first got my interested in reading.
I read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when I was in grade two.
Its been part of my life for as long as I an remember, and when the final movie ends, its like the end of an era.
Call me melodramatic, but I will cry. When I see Deathly Hallows part two, it'll be one of the happiest and one of the saddest days of my life. True :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

How much longer is there anyway? I dont know the exact date for the last movie.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

July 15th. *Sigh* I've had a countdown since the day Part 1 came out. It's somewhere around 150 more days.

message 19: by Margie (new)

Margie | 15 comments Even though the movie series is coming to an end, I really don't feel like Harry Potter will be missing from my life. I have all the audio books on my i-pod and listen to the entire series over & over. Now I'm starting to purchase the British versions of the books and audio books because I want to experience them from that way as well. Yes, the fandom may be slowing down a bit, but Harry will always be a part of my life!

message 20: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I think a lot of people think the books and movies and merch will drop off the face of the earth.

message 21: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Feb 05, 2011 03:01PM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I don't feel as though the books and movies will disappear from the earth, but I will be incredibly sad when DH2 comes out. I'll always have the books to reread and the movies to rewatch, but I'm going to miss the anticipation (the trailers, the news, and even just the waiting) associated with each new HP release. I don't expect the fandom to die or all speculation to end, but I do feel that the release of DH2 will mark, not the end of HP, but the "end of an era."

message 22: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments Exactly! I literally met people who thought they would just forget everything to do with Harry Potter once it was over and everything, that's what I meant.

message 23: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) I'll be sad, but at least I can always reread the books and watch the movies.

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 06, 2011 11:11AM) (new)

www.fanfiction.mugglenet.com

It's not Jo, but it will pass since it's about Harry.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Deathly Hallows Part I has been set to release on April 15th! Can't wait! I'm going to go to Walmart early and buy a copy before they are sold out!

message 26: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I can't wait for the movie. It was good even for not being a Harry Potter movie.

message 27: by Kali (new)

Kali (QueenOfAllDorks) | 1 comments Bawl my eyes out

message 28: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I'm pretty sure I'll cry. HP has been a big part of my life. It inspired me to read and to love fantasy. It will be really sad when there is nothing new to look forward to, but like others have said, it will always live on. That is the really cool thing about Harry Potter. It is the kind of story that can be timeless.

message 29: by Gracie (new)

Gracie (gracied23) | 56 comments Harry Potter has been with me since I could read chapter books! He was my first fictional crush and the kid I practically grew up with, you know? I'm in that generation. When it ends I will be sad and depressed and wear black to mourn the end of an era. But I will cherish the memories :)

I really hope JK Rowling does not write any more books though, as good as they may be. HP has sorta defined her, and I feel that if she created another world, it would detract from the uniqueness of the Potter.

message 30: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 123 comments Megan wrote: "David wrote: "I don't know what i will do.
For 13 years it has been a part of my life,and now it's going to end.
I will cry my eyes when the last movie ends."

I think that's exactly what I'm g..."

I agree, it's going to be sad. I started reading those books in the second grade and it's been many years now. My friends and i would play and talk about harry potter all the time. I'm definitely going to save them for my children.

message 31: by Bella (new)

Bella Ain (bella-ain) | 6 comments I'm going to read the books all over again!! Like it's my first time.

message 32: by Jenn (last edited Mar 17, 2011 04:57AM) (new)

Jenn (thebiracialbookdragon) | 42 comments I’ll be ok all great things must come to an end. Plus the books will always be there to re-read. I havent read the books since I did my re-read before DH. Maybe this year or next I think I’ll read the books again. There is the park I hope to get to in the next few years. I hope to eventually get to London and do the studio tour. When I have kids one day I look forward to sharing the world of Harry Potter with them. I know not everyone does but I will occasional read HP fan fiction. People had a lot of the same thoughts back when Book 7 came out.

Also there is the encyclopedia to look forward to which hopefully will come out someday. I think it be cool if it came out in 2017 which is the year the epliouge takes place and 10 years after the last book came out.

message 33: by Swati (new)

Swati Singh | 21 comments Yeah! its true that harry potter's magic will going to end but i think that the magic of those memories will be in our minds . I also consider it as a part of my life as i am dam crazy about it. wen i used to study i used to lost in the worlds of fantasy, by reading it all my problems just vaishe for that moment .so thats why i want that j.k. rowling should again create that fantasy with another story by swati

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments I think I'll have some teary moments whilst in bed when I realise there will be no more books and no more movies but I will read them all over again and watch the movies a bazillion times more and be satisfied that my childhood is filled with such good memories of my adventures with Harry, Ron and Hermione. XD

message 35: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  Consiglio-Wolff (jrzgirl_1967) | 1 comments I think like everyone else, I will shed a few tears! I cried when I finished the last book and I am sure when the last movie hits on July 15 I will shed some tears knowing that this wonderful ride we have all been on is finally ended.

I have so loved watching not only the characters grow up but the actors grow up on screen right before our eyes.

The whole Harry Potter experience was one magical and fantastic ride for all of us!

message 36: by Claire (new)

Claire | 15 comments i will cry until i can swim in my tears

message 37: by Claire (new)

Claire | 15 comments i will watch them over and over and over

message 38: by kira (last edited Apr 10, 2011 11:04AM) (new)

kira (kiracholesk) | 14 comments play Harry Potter 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (the video game)

Trailer of the game 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-2po...

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Make a Harry Potter group (done) and continue the magic! :D

message 40: by Julia (new)

Julia | 4 comments Im going to go live in the Wizarding World of harry potter at orlando

message 41: by Mary (new)

Mary (book-dreamer) | 6 comments Well, it's going to be SO TOUGH, I know, but what keeps me going is that I know it will never be over!!!! I'll always have it with me, and I can share it with my children someday and rub it in that I got to go to premieres and midnight releases. And I have something worth living for: Harry Potter is one of those things. I've got friendship, love, and magic in my life because of Harry Potter. LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!!!!

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments Palice wrote: "Imma read the books again :-)

It isn't going to end END, you know."

Agreed! It's the start of a new beginning! :D

message 43: by Auden (new)

Auden Johnson (audens_dark_treasury) | 7 comments It hasn't set in yet that there won't be any more books or movies after July. I have to agree, Harry Potter's not going to end anytime soon. The story may be over but the books and movies will always be around.

message 44: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (mrsmagnusbane) | 2 comments cry, maybe cry, Oh and I may sit on my bed and Cry!! sob"

But yeah HP will never end

message 45: by JMZ (new)

JMZ | 14 comments I'll probably sit in the movie theater as the movie ends in shock. After having the Harry Potter series be a part of my life for eleven years it's something I'm seriously going to miss. I'll probably reread the books again and later have a Harry Potter movie marathon before school begins in autumn.

And maybe many years from now...I'll read them to my own kids.

message 46: by Anissa (new)

Anissa Mangrola Hi. but when harry potter ends i'm gonna cry.

message 47: by Erica (new)

Erica (heyimerica) Jules wrote: "Pretend it didn't."

haha^ :) i'm just gonna read them over and over.

message 48: by Simon (last edited May 15, 2011 01:52PM) (new)

Simon (prince_myshkin) | 3 comments Harry Potter ended 4 years ago.

Ridiculous...

message 49: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Simon wrote: "Harry Potter ended 4 years ago.

Ridiculous..."

Haven't you been reading all those posts?! He will never die!

Anyway, I'll be really sad and I might cry when the movie's over but the fandom is still there. It's kinda like when Dumbledore died and people questioned whether Hogwarts would continue and Hagrid said something along the lines of "as long as there is one student willing to come, I'll teach them." Isn't that like the fandom? As long as there is one Harry Potter fan, whether they are a huge fan or not, the series will live on. With this in mind, I don't think the series will die anytime soon. I can just picture all of you as old geezers still screaming madly at a Harry Potter convention. So it's not really good-bye or farewell. It's just another phase of life because life always moves on and sometimes good things must come to an end. But the end isn't now.

message 50: by Kasper (new)

Kasper Nymand (kaspernymand) | 1 comments The Harry Potter Universe will never end!

People will keep writing Fan Fiction, making "movies", and in general just grow the universe to the next level.

Of course it's sad when J.K. Rowling stops writing the books, and the official professional movies will stop being made.

But there will be so much more to read, watch, listen to, and experience even without J.K. Rowling.
Because who says that a Harry Potter book not written by J.K. Rowling isn't right or almost right as good as the original books?

There are tons of Fan Fiction to read out there, and it will continue to grow in many years, maybe forever!

An example of a really popular Harry Potter fan fiction series is "James Potter", where you'll follow Harry Potter's son, when he will experience the Universe of Magic, like Harry Potter did as a kid.

And who knows, maybe some broadcasting companies will buy some of the rights for Harry Potter, and maybe create an Harry Potter TV-Show, or create some new movies following other people in the same universe as the Harry Potter.

Tons of fan fiction writings can also be found cross the internet, one of the most popular of them is FanFiction.Net: http://www.fanfiction.net

Keep Happy, and experience the Magical Universe by yourself! :-)

« previous 1