Bookcrossers discussion

Group Reads > Group Read Feb nominations

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) Please list 2 nominations you will like to read as a group read for next month. Nominations will close the 17th and we will vote until the 25th.

message 3: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy  (vilette) | 59 comments Hayes wrote: "I nominate

Olive Kitteridge (my BC bookring just arrived!)

I just read this one and really enjoyed it...I look forward to hearing how you like it.

message 4: by Joanna (new)

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (adarkswitch) | 4 comments I nominate "The things they carried"
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (bibliocrates) | 2 comments I would like to nominate Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs, as it's on my nightstand along with a stack of books I'd like to read sooner rather than later.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) question: after we vote on the book for next month, should we start fresh for march or should i keep the books that didn't win and still have members add other books they would like to read?

message 8: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) I'd start fresh, and if the orig. nominator wants to nominate again she/he can. Perhaps the orig. nominator has already read the book and wants to move on or something. In my case with Olive Kitteridge for example, I'll have to send the book on to the next in the ring, so I wouldn't be able to look at it again for a discussion.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) good point about the ring.

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth (eparks4232) | 12 comments Courtney wrote: "I nominate "The things they carried"
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13..."

LOVED this book.

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth (eparks4232) | 12 comments I'd vote for something from the 1001 books list so I will make progress on that with the reading of the book...

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) well pick one that you need. i don't want to pick one that you already read.

message 13: by Beth (new)

Beth (eparks4232) | 12 comments Ok, The Death of Artemio Cruz by Carlos Fuentes

message 14: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 144 comments I like the idea of picking something from the 1001 list!

message 15: by VeganMedusa (new)

VeganMedusa (kerriveganmedusa) | 3 comments What happened to this?

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) | 437 comments apparently stephanie decided she didn't want to be moderator any longer, and since this was her idea, it was dropped... but there's no reason we couldn't revive it if enough of us are still interested...