Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > I'd Rather Watch a Poodle Being Groomed Than Listen To...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Pah, enough of this fresh-start, warm-and-fuzzy, new year's psychobabble. Sure, talking about the ficus and RA's gnarly feet and running until you burst an aneurysm and militant vegan jackasses is fun for a while - at least until your buzz wears off - then it's like to being in the middle of a medically-induced coma. Your results may vary.

Let's talk albums that give you bowel spasms, make you want to put your head through drywall or a car window, or simply leave you feeling like you may chum the fish. Me first...

My roommate and dear friend Pete used to torture me with this in college. Bob Dylan - nothing to say and 14 different ways to say it.

message 2: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'm so glad we have clark to make us focus on the important things in life.

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments janine wrote: "i'm so glad we have clark to make us focus on the important things in life."

Well, we could always talk about skating medals.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Indeed.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments But I like talking about my feet. We're due for another pic. Thanks for reminding me, Clark!

And fuck you! You had it easy! My brother was a folk singer who carried his acoustic guitar everywhere in an attempt to pick up hippy girls. He was successful, by the way, but I had to hear that shit for years.

I have a hard time with the new wave of dissonant rap, but I'm assuming that kids are trying to piss my generation off by listening to it, and I respect that.

message 6: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Can't argue with that choice. Never got the Dylan thing. I would add the Grateful Dead, too. A friend of mine who was a fan once said she wouldn't like their music either unless she was stoned at the time she was listening to it.

message 7: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "But I like talking about my feet. We're due for another pic. Thanks for reminding me, Clark!"

Perhaps after your next bout with athlete's foot fungus?

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments What do you mean "next bout"? What makes you think this bout ever finished?

message 9: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "What do you mean "next bout"? What makes you think this bout ever finished?"

Do the lights dim when you take off your socks?

message 10: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments classical music and excessive use of violins make my toes curl.

message 11: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Clark wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "What do you mean "next bout"? What makes you think this bout ever finished?"

Do the lights dim when you take off your socks?"

It's kind of like this in the bathroom, Clark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBCMo...

message 12: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments janine wrote: "classical music and excessive use of violins make my toes curl."

I'm with you. My son plays the viola and would probably commit patricide if he read this.

message 13: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "It's kind of like this in the bathroom, Clark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBCMoDGG..."

wonderful effects.

message 14: by Jammies (new)

Jammies The Doors.

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Clark wrote: "Pah, enough of this fresh-start, warm-and-fuzzy, new year's psychobabble. Sure, talking about the ficus and RA's gnarly feet and running until you burst an aneurysm and militant vegan jackasses is..."

Clark wrote: "Pah, enough of this fresh-start, warm-and-fuzzy, new year's psychobabble. Sure, talking about the ficus and RA's gnarly feet and running until you burst an aneurysm and militant vegan jackasses is..."

Just because you didn't get it doesn't mean there's nothing there to be got! Too bad for you that you missed it.

I don't really hate music at all. I very very rarely feel such antipathy to it. I can usually see why those who like it like it, even if it's not my thing.

The only thing that approaches that for me is Rod Stewart and Cher's duet on "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered." That is an unfortunate combo.

message 16: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Rebecca wrote: "Just because you didn't get it doesn't mean there's nothing there to be got! "

Absolutely!

message 17: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart What's "dissonant rap," RA? Stuff like Wocka Flocka Flame? That has NO FUCKING SUBSTANCE AT ALL AND EVEN THE ARTIST ADMITS IT.

Most heavy metal drives me nuts. And stuff that sounds like the guy is burping instead of singing.

message 18: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Clark wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "What do you mean "next bout"? What makes you think this bout ever finished?"

Do the lights dim when you take off your socks?"

Hey! RA has the toes of a 15 year old girl.

message 19: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I'd rather watch a poodle being groomed than listen to another Beatles marathon.

message 20: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments King Dinösaur wrote: "I don't know man. There's just way too much stuff for me to even know where to begin... :("

Then this ought to really throw you for a loop, KD: Labels don't mean jack but for the life of me I've never been able to figure out where the line in the sand between "heavy metal" and just plain old "hard rock" should be drawn.

The Sabbath - heavy metal or hard rock?
Montrose - same question
Thin Lizzy - again
Van Halen - last time, I promise

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Do I detect a need for this -- or do I misread?

Books Ring Mah Bell in response to Clark's question above:
metal.
?
metal.
Hard Rock.

I think.

I'd rather poodle watch than listen to Gloria Estefan with or without the Miami Sound Machine.

message 23: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Larry wrote: "Do I detect a need for this -- or do I misread?

"

Oh shit, Larry. Other than a chihauhau, is there any more worthless breed on God's green earth than a poodle?

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Clark wrote: "Larry wrote: "Do I detect a need for this -- or do I misread?

"

Oh shit, Larry. Other than a chihauhau, is there any more worthless breed on God's green earth than a poodle?"

Hey! There is nothing wrong with a poodle. A real one, size medium or large, not the yappy little ones. They are hypo-allergenic, and my dad is allergic to dogs, and we would never have been allowed to have a dog if poodles didn't exist. Instead, we had the best dog a kid could ever have. She had no idea she was a poodle. They're smart dogs, easily trained, and they don't have to have fancy haircuts.

message 25: by Books Ring Mah Bell (last edited Jan 07, 2011 09:00AM) (new)

Books Ring Mah Bell Other than a chihauhau, is there any more worthless breed on God's green earth than a poodle?"

Travels with Charley disagrees with you, Clark!

message 26: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Books Ring My Bell wrote: "in response to Clark's question above:
metal.
?
metal.
Hard Rock.

I think.

I'd rather poodle watch than listen to Gloria Estefan with or without the Miami Sound Machine."

So you won't do the conga?

message 27: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments if a poodle is worthless, that's the fault of the owner.

message 28: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Jan 07, 2011 09:09AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments janine wrote: "if a poodle is worthless, that's the fault of the owner."

Even the ones who bark at everything they see and hear - including their own shadow - and perpetually soil the rug which, come to think of it, is all of hem?

Books Ring Mah Bell So you won't do the conga?

absolutely NOT.

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Clark wrote: "Even the ones who bark at everything they see and hear - including their own shadow - and perpetually soil the rug which, come to think of it, is all of hem? ."

Not. All. Of. Them.
Mine was a tough poodle. She played every game we asked of her, pulled us on our roller skates and our sleds, and generally took good care of us. Never a rug soiled, never a shadow barked at.

message 31: by Michael (new)

Michael Gatorman wrote: "I would add the Grateful Dead, too. A friend of mine who was a fan once said she wouldn't like their music either unless she was stoned at the time she was listening to it."

No offense to your friend, or to you, but if she could only enjoy them when she was stoned then she really wasn't a fan of the music in the first place.

message 32: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I was thinking about the poodle thing, too. Of all the horrible tasks possible in the world, watching a poodle being groomed doesn't sound that bad.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm sorry, you're all doomed. The rhythm IS going to get you.

@ RA - What in the WORLD!? I'm never going in your bathroom if it's like that!

@ Ko - Love it! Perfect Neil Young and Bruce Springstein impressions!

I don't mind regular poodles, but I think what they do to the ones in those dog shows is a travesty.

I CANNOT STAND smooth jazz. Yes, I know, I love Steely Dan. But trust me, there's a difference, a bright and shining line of edginess and complicated rhythms and chords, between Steely Dan, and Kenny G. And Spyro Gyra. And whatever Sting has turned into.

message 34: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Clark, I'm not a big fan of the breed, but that's a personal preference and not a misguided belief that all poodles are hyperactive, noisy and incontinent. :rolls eyes at Clark:

And yes, RA, there are many worse things to be forced to watch. I'd rather watch any dog being groomed than listen to The Doors, but I would listen to them before I would watch a Jersey Shore marathon.

message 35: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) | 226 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "@ Ko - Love it! Perfect Neil Young and Bruce Springstein impressions! "

That is actually the real Bruce Springsteen in disguise as a young Bruce Springsteen from the early E St. days.

message 36: by Harry (last edited Jan 07, 2011 11:43AM) (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) | 226 comments Angelina from The Jersey Shore is launching her new "music career"

Crap

If you can make it to :55 seconds in. I do love the line, "I'm hot, so hot. I'm like an ice cream cone with a cherry on top." HUH!? Hot like ice cream?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Harry wrote: "Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "@ Ko - Love it! Perfect Neil Young and Bruce Springstein impressions! "

That is actually the real Bruce Springsteen in disguise as a young Bruce Springsteen from the..."

:::boggles at the thought:::

message 38: by Aynge (last edited Jan 07, 2011 11:58AM) (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I don't like poodles but I think watching one being groomed would be sort of amusing.

However, I'd rather have Lindsey Lohan as my chauffeur than listen to Bon Jovi.

Or Alanis Morrisette
Or trance music
Or sitar music
Or Bob Dylan or Tom Waits

This can go on all day...

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "Harry wrote: "Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "@ Ko - Love it! Perfect Neil Young and Bruce Springstein impressions! "

That is actually the real Bruce Springsteen in disguise as a young Bruce Spri..."

I loved that Jimmy Fallon convinced SPringsteen to go along with that.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Jammies wrote: "The Doors."

This.

message 41: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24358 comments Mod
Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Fergie/Black Eyed Peas, Gwyneth Paltrow, Norah Jones, and anyone who sounds anything like them.

message 42: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I would read Tom Waits, but I can't listen to him.

Wocka Flocka Flame.
Soulja Boy Tell 'Em
Wiz Khalifa
NICKI FUCKIN' MINAJ. OMG SHE KILLS ME.

message 43: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Most 80s music.

message 44: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (ohanners) | 202 comments Barb wrote: "Phil wrote: "Hey! RA has the toes of a 15 year old girl."

Make that a 15 y/o girl who can't afford a pedi."

lol sorry, RA...at least I didn't lean towards the elderly woman with diabetic neuropathy hunch

message 45: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Most jazz.

message 46: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24358 comments Mod
Anything with a saxophone.

message 47: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments I love Tom Waits, especially Jersey Girl and Somewhere (from West Side Story).

I do not like techno. I feel like I am about to go into cardiac arrest.

message 48: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (ohanners) | 202 comments I can't stand what Akon and his business people are doing in the African music scene:

Brainwash...

and more lies

message 49: by Phil (last edited Jan 07, 2011 07:02PM) (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I can't stand those singers who can't find a note and hold it. There are always a lot of them on American Idol -- they warble up & down like Jr. Whitney Houstons, forcing me to hit the mute button before my ears start to bleed.

message 50: by JennyGrace (new)

JennyGrace  M. I would rather watch a poodle being groomed than listen to "Bad to the Bone"

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.