Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What's your New Year's resolution?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I've never made one but I love it when other people do it. Especially if they rhyme.

My brother-in-law's New Year's resolution is NO MORE LIQUOR! or "only beer for the new year." hahaha. Can't wait to see how long that one lasts. I'll bet it's been dropped already.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
To read less, and to lose half a pound.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do make new rules for myself all the time. The current one is that I can't play more than one game on my iPod a day. It's a terrible, time-consuming habit. All that writing and reading and watching time wasted.

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I do the same thing as Sarah Pi... no NY resolutions, just new rules made randomly. :)

The last new New Year's resolutions I made was back in '05 - no tv and write letters to my nephew. I did both. In fact, I loved the "no tv" one so much, it's sitting in the attic... unplugged, of course. I'm sure it'll be obsolete in a year or two. My nephew and I still have a good relationship from that year of correspondence with him.

What about you, Smetchie? Did you make a new year's resolution?

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Trying to stay away from Sodas, and to not fall behind on my tearsheets at work.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Who is Sodas?

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
My new year's resolution was to stay away from GR. I failed.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments LARRY!

>:/

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Okay, all these scowling faces are bound to give wrinkles.

Can I see at least a half-smile somewhere?

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Heidi wrote: "LARRY!

>:/"

what?

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments NO BEER BEHIND THE FICUS FOR YOU!

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) but ....

message 13: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sally wrote: "My new year's resolution was to stay away from GR. I failed."

Yes! I win the pool!:)

message 14: by Heidi (last edited Jan 05, 2011 03:08PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Yes! I win the pool!:)"

Meanie. :(

message 15: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I don't resolve to stay away from GR. I'm not as addicted as I used to be, so I can come and go pretty easily.

message 16: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Sally wrote: "My new year's resolution was to stay away from GR. I failed."

Yes! I win the pool!:)"

They were giving away a pool?? Damn, I didn't buy a ticket. :(

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments What's a tearsheet? It sounds wonderful. I'm envisioning perforations. I love to tear perforations.

I didn't make a resolution, Heidi. I never do. It's not my thing.

The coolest one I ever saw was when my friend Liz made her New Year's resolution to get married and she did! She didn't even have a boyfriend at the time. I thought that was pretty fucking impressive.

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Well if she fucked impressively, I'm not surprised she got married.

message 19: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments That was a stretch, Jim. But since I've been gone for a while I'm going to allow it.

message 20: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments smetchie wrote: "That was a stretch, Jim. But since I've been gone for a while I'm going to allow it."

Thanks, it was a long stretch at that.

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
What pool? You fuckers!

message 22: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm never surprised when women capable of long stretches get married.

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Good one LG

message 24: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

::stretches::

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori I made the same resolution I've made for many years - to quit smoking. And this year I'm doing it! Day 5. *grits teeth*

message 26: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

You can do it, Lori. Keep it up!!

message 27: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart You were addicted to GR, RA?

message 28: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No! I can stop whenever I want! Don't look at me!

message 29: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments And good luck, Lori. What's your quitting strategy?

message 30: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments good luck, lori!

message 31: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Jan 06, 2011 05:13AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments I resolved to give up coffee. I lasted one day, at which point it felt like one of the face huggers from "Alien" was trying to burrow its way out of my brain bucket.

I'm much happier on the bean.

message 32: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments A friend gave up coffee not long ago. She somehow succeeded. I'm staying on coffee under the excuse that I just started a couple years ago.

message 33: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "A friend gave up coffee not long ago. She somehow succeeded. I'm staying on coffee under the excuse that I just started a couple years ago."

I started 10 years ago, when the twins were born. Having to get up every three hours drove me to it and I haven't looked back since. I'm kicking myself for not taking up the habit sooner.

message 34: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Drinking coffee makes me a better person.

message 35: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I am reducing the number of cups of coffee I drink. I used to drink a pot of coffee a morning. Now I'm down to a cup or two.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments smetchie wrote: "What's a tearsheet? It sounds wonderful. I'm envisioning perforations. I love to tear perforations.

I didn't make a resolution, Heidi. I never do. It's not my thing.

The coolest one I ever saw wa..."

I'm an Accounting Clerk at a Newspaper and they so lovingly bestowed me the task of cutting up the newspapers and taking out the ads of some of the customers that want proof the ad ran and that it looks good. I wish there were perforations but no I have to take a stack to one of those giant cutting machines and cut them one at a time.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Larry wrote: "Who is Sodas?"

Carbonated Soft Drinks :)

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Lori wrote: "I made the same resolution I've made for many years - to quit smoking. And this year I'm doing it! Day 5. *grits teeth*"

Good Luck! My brother quit a few years ago cold turkey. Thank God he lived a state away and I didn't call often.

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Barb wrote: "Lori wrote: "I made the same resolution I've made for many years - to quit smoking. And this year I'm doing it! Day 5. *grits teeth*"

Hang in there Lori. You can do it.
I think I heard somewhe..."

Hmmm... I'm good to leave it alone for long stretches of time IF I don't get involved in too many threads. 1-3 seems to be my limit. And it doesn't take long to get it out of my system. However, there was a time when I probably did have a bit of a GR/TC addiction and I couldn't go for more than a half day without checking in. That's when I set a mandatory rule for myself to not check in when I'm on vacation, which seems to roll around once a quarter annually.

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Somebody explained to me at length yesterday how I could work up to being able to drink more coffee. It was unsolicited advice. I don't see why I would go out of my way to give myself an addiction. I love coffee, and I love that since I drink it only sporadically it has a powerful effect on me.

message 41: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Does that powerful effect include Bingo in Scrabble? If so, please stay away from the coffee.

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Nope. No coffee today. I got that one all on my own. Sorry, Larry.

message 43: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh well.

message 44: by Lori (new)

Lori Barb - that's encouraging to hear. So maybe after 10 days this will get easier? Because I'm having a harder time today than ever! Plus I'm really constipated. Nothing gets me going like coffee and morning ciggie. TMI? Tough!

message 45: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I'm keeping my mouth shut about quitting smoking. Same as I wouldn't tell a pregnant woman, "trust me. One that thing comes out you're going to wish morning sickness was your biggest problem."

hee hee. JUST KIDDING OF COURSE!

You can do it Lori! Don't murder anyone! If you get homicidal, RUN. And don't stop until the urge passes.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm with you, Sarah Pi. I don't have coffee every day, so when I do, it's exciting!!!

Good luck, Lori! Don't be afraid to reach out for help when you need it.

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Lori! Have you tried acupuncture? Specifically for smoking cessation?

message 48: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Lori, I'm available for *Clonking* if you need to.

message 49: by Lori (new)

Lori OK so according that link of Barb's, I've got 9 more days of hell. Yes, I'm doing the cold turkey thing, and trying to drink water whenever my craving is the worst.

Annnd Jim has yet another new job! My official clonker.

Can I say I have no idea what that is?

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments In my college speech class, that was filled with students still in high school, one women decided to give her speech on the beauty of childbirth. Hahaha

I'm sure several of those girls will not be thinking of having a baby for a long time after the Ring of Fire was mentioned.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.