Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Can I ask for an abridgement? Smtch shd wrk.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 194 (194 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I lost track of this group and now I feel confused.

How many moderators are in this group? Did we have a shit-ton for a while and now it's scaled back to just a whole bunch?

Did I miss anything over the holidays? I keep trying to catch up but every thread I go into is just making me more confused.

And can someone PLEASE tell me where the New Year's Resolutions are? Because if you don't, I'm going to start a thread and the last thing this group needs is duplicate threads!

Who's new that's been posting a lot?

...and anything else that was interesting.

message 2: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Jan 05, 2011 11:02AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments I've sold all of my belongings and joined a commune.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Welcome back! We spent a lot of time organizing an imaginary potluck. There's a thread about literary resolutions but I don't remember seeing one of the everyday sort.

message 4: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments I don't think we accomplished anything remarkable, but I could be mistaken. It was enjoyable, nonetheless. Can't remember discussing resolutions, except most people agreed they did not make them any more.

message 5: by Jammies (new)

Jammies In the last month:

Bun went to NYC, got stuck for a while, got un-stuck and is now home trying to explain her absence to a deeply suspicious German housemate.

Clark attended a TSO concert, shared the TMI thread with Britt and remained utterly undaunted by efforts to compete with his Musical XX thread.

Sally came out from under the table and admitted she likes Canada geese.

There's more, but I have to go do some actual work...bbl

message 6: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Oh, and we gave out some awards. RA and I are looking for some Ativan.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Kevin Knows ALL and is hilarious at dispensing wisdom, but then he went away on vacation.

message 8: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Barb wrote: "Oh yes, and Janine got a medal for skating 8 km ... and a new camera."

40! not 8. 8 is for pussies :)

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) 40!!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments So that's...multiply by pi...carry the 7...
25 miles! Go Janine!

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Carol wrote: "Kevin Knows ALL and is hilarious at dispensing wisdom, but then he went away on vacation."

When is he due back? I had a question pending and I feel sort of lost.

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Some time next week, Michael.

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hi Smetchie! I've missed you. :)

Other than that, I plan to just hover around this thread because I don't know much of what's been happening since October(ish)... just bits here and there.

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I've started two lame shebangs and the holiday exchange was a roaring success.

Lots of people promised to be around on NYE but I think only Larry and Britt made it to midnight.

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I made it to midnight, actually it was past 1:00.

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *beams with pride*

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Couldn't say much of what's been going on. I started lurking around here a couple of weeks ago. :)

message 18: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Larry wrote: "*beams with pride*"

(...from behind the ficus)

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yew betcha.

message 20: by Michael (new)

Michael Larry wrote: "Some time next week, Michael."

Thanks, Larry.

message 21: by Jammies (last edited Jan 05, 2011 04:51PM) (new)

Jammies ...further bulletins:

Janine dreamt of the apocalypse and no sock monkeys survived although many TCers did.

There was a general agreement that no matter how you spell them, pajamas/pyjamas are a good thing.

Lobstergirl revived some zombie threads with relevant and pithy posts.

There was a long discussion in which Americans and Australians and Europeans learned much about Canadians and Barb got a sore throat from answering all our questions.

Heidi started a new job and entered the witness protection program is supposed to tell us her laptop died and disappeared for a few weeks.

New members joined, some stayed, some didn't.

I think those are the highlights.

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments (pssst... Jammies, it's mostly because my laptop died a few months ago, so I'm still contemplating what the replacement should be... and because of the new job, too)

message 23: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jammies is right on.

message 24: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Jammies is in charge of any further summaries, abridgments and whatnots.

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *drapes scarf over Barb's head*

message 26: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
::moves humidifier/mister under scarf::

message 27: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Carol wrote: "Jammies is in charge of any further summaries, abridgments and whatnots."

Yay! *licks pencil tip and waits for a call to action*

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Jammies, I need a 700 word summary of the Siege of Leningrad.

message 29: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Meaning of life, please.

message 30: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments A summary of how everyone you know feels about the Ohio turnpike rest stops.

message 31: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I will say this about the New Jersey Turnpike rest stops: I'm glad they're there - a lot of states only have toilets and vending machines - but the full service gas station attendants need to clean windshields without being asked if they want a tip, the food is priced at about a 50% premium, and I wish there was one healthy food alternative per stop. Yes, I know that's asking too much.

message 32: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Lobstergirl wrote: "Jammies, I need a 700 word summary of the Siege of Leningrad."

Hrm, how about 17 words?

Hitler was stupid, the Germans besieged Leningrad for a long time, eventually more Russians came to help.

message 33: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Carol wrote: "Meaning of life, please."

You're born, you learn to read, you read, you eat, you take naps, you take baths, if you're lucky you do something you don't hate to support your reading habit, then you die in the apocalypse unless you're a TCer.

message 34: by Jammies (new)

Jammies RandomAnthony wrote: "A summary of how everyone you know feels about the Ohio turnpike rest stops."

McDonald's sucks.

message 35: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Has anyone mentioned all the postcards flying around, or the holiday (yes, dammit, I said HOLIDAY) gift exchange?

message 36: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments We also talked about DADT.

message 37: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I just fell in love with Jammies.

message 38: by Jonathan (last edited Jan 05, 2011 06:19PM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments She is pretty nice.

message 39: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I am all sniffly now! ♥♥♥

message 40: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments I agree with all love for Jammies.

message 41: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Carol wrote: "I agree with all love for Jammies."

Don't let her get your brains, though. :)

message 42: by Sally, la reina (new)

Why do the TCers not die?

message 43: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Huh?

message 44: by Sally, la reina (new)

Re: msg 38

message 45: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sock monkeys do die.

message 46: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Sally wrote: "Why do the TCers not die?"

From janine's dream:

i dreamt there was some sort of apocalyps and the world was burning. the fire was coming in the direction of me and the person i was with. he told me to climb a house. when we were on the house we could climb on a shelf on a wall. the shelf was so high the flames couldn't reach it and somehow the wall wasn't destroyed by the fire, even though everything else was destroyed by it. sitting on the shelf i could see the world. it was tiny and swallowed in flames. when the fire was over we climbed down from the shelf and discovered we weren't the only survivors. there was a very high percentage of TC'ers among the survivors. we started to rebuild the world, and everything was strange and illogical.

message 47: by Sally, la reina (new)

I've thought before about how I would seek out TCers if there were an apocalypse, starting with Petra and Larry.a

message 48: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jammers, there are some really great Ohio turnpike rest stops. Trust me, when you cross it a couple times every summer with three kids, you get to know them. The turnpike people renovated a couple near Cleveland, like the Commodore Perry One...

http://www.ohioturnpike.org/media/ima...

message 49: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Jan 06, 2011 04:50AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Jammers, there are some really great Ohio turnpike rest stops."

In this case, "great" means reeking of stale urine.

message 50: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Barb wrote: "Whoops ... sorry. Was it 8 a day or something ... why was I thinking 8?"

i did 80 km in three days, maybe that's why you're confused. 25 on the first day, 15 the next, and then 40.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.