Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Simon's 2011 50 book challenge

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Arnall Ok so over the last few years i have unfortunately been reading less and putting more emphasis on tv and video games (in my defence i'm only 25!) But i really feel i've lost something here and so one of my new years resolutions (and probably the only one i'll keep) is to read at least 50 books this year so heres where i start.

I did finish the Freedom yesterday but since i read a large chunk of it last year i will start with my current book The Shipping News by Annie Proulx and each time i finish a book i will add an entry with a review and such.

Hopefully i should be able to manage 50 books this year no problem, just so long as i don't over-indulge in my love of epics and my first target is to be somewhere around the 35 book mark by my birthday at the end of June, not quite needed of course but thats my target and wish me luck that i can make it!

I wish everyone a great year of reading in 2011!

Simon

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Arnall Ok so on a suggestion from several people I have decided to amend my challenge a little and say "either 50 books or equivalent of 50 * 350 page books"

So in other words 50 books or 17,500 pages, whichever comes first.

So anyway after going to the library today I stopped for a coffee and ended up reading the whole of Don DeLillo's Point Omega!

So 1 down, 49 to go!

CURRENT STATUS

Books: 1
Pages: 117

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Arnall 2nd book down! The Shipping News by Annie Proulx

CURRENT STATUS:

Books: 2
Pages: 469

NEXT UP: Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Arnall okay after having left the Pynchon book at work several times i ended up reading my back-up book before that so my third book this year is Falling Man by Don DeLillo

CURRENT STATUS:

Books: 3
Pages: 710

Next up:
Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon
or
Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis

message 5: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Arnall Another down!

CURRENT STATUS:

Books: 4
Pages: 905