Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Welcome! and Group News > Thoughts, suggestions???

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennefer (new)

Jennefer (jenneferpracticex3) | 444 comments Mod
Happy 2011 everyone! The New Year seems like a good time to ask the group... How are we doing???? What do you think is working in the group and what is not? What have you seen other groups do that you would like to see here? What would make this group more fun/useful/helpful??? Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Let's hear it!

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla | 1668 comments Mod
I think we're doing great! So glad that the group got featured to bring in more members. That was a good boost, although I've noticed that after that, the definition of "bodice ripper" got a bit broader because it really is a subjective term!

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharjonm) | 193 comments I too think the site is great Jennefer. I was thinking about playing a new game.
1. This game involves selecting your favorite scene from a BR you have read. The scene must be one that knocked your socks off, or ripped at your heart, or rocked your world (get the picture?)
2. Write out the scene, then members must discover which Title that scene comes from.
3. The first member who gives the right answer is next to write out their favorite scene.
What ya think? Wanta play?

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharjonm) | 193 comments BTW, if you wanta play with me, and everyone else is game, I have a scene already chosen and I can start the game off. :->

message 5: by Karla (new)

I'm game! I've got one all picked out as well. :)

message 6: by Karla (new)

Yeah, I also like that new rule of one author per year in the Group Read!

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharjonm) | 193 comments Karla wrote: "I'm game! I've got one all picked out as well. :)"

WONDERFUL!
Ok Karla, not being techie, I guess this is as good a place as any to begin the game. But, before I drop my title hint, I am looking to you for suggestions, you being so SMART and KNOWLEDGEABLE and of course BEAUTIFUL as well as familiar with maneuvering around this site...got a better suggestion before I begin?

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharjonm) | 193 comments Jeanine ♥ Cheshire Catt ♠ wrote: "I think we are doing great - I like the new rule with one author limit per year for the group read - should open up some new vistas for us hopefully...

Also I'm game for the game... I got plenty o..."

GREAT Jeanine,
I've chosen my scene from my favorite 2010 BR read that literally KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF and MELTED MY HEART and made me all MUSHY and TENDER HEARTED toward the cold blooded Hero.

message 9: by Jennefer (new)

Sharon wrote: "I too think the site is great Jennefer. I was thinking about playing a new game.
1. This game involves selecting your favorite scene from a BR you have read. The scene must be one that knocked y..."

That sounds like a fun game idea! Let's give it a try! I started a thread for the game in the games and challenges folder here Go for it Sharon! We will let you start it off! :)

message 10: by Jennefer (new)

Karla wrote: "Yeah, I also like that new rule of one author per year in the Group Read!"

Good :) I think that will help mix it up a bit hopefully. Going forward I have also decided not to send out a group invite to the poll, I am hoping this way it will be only the people who participate in the group reads regularly who will be the ones who vote. So be sure to keep an eye out for it around the 15th every month!

One more small change this year that I forgot to mention in the message I sent out yesterday is that I started a Member Reading List Folder for members to help keep themselves organized.

Anyway.... I hope no one thinks I'm fishing for compliments because that is not it at all! Just trying to keep my finger on the pulse of the group :) I hope you all feel welcome to post suggestions here anytime or PM me!

message 11: by Jennefer (new)

What do we think of the quarterly challenges??? Should we add monthly or annual challenges this year??? Anyone have challenge ideas???

message 12: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine | 27 comments Kudos on the wonderful job keeping the group warm, friendly and non judgmental.

I never read the challenges on time, but I like the idea of limiting one author per year. It's great to hear about new to me authors, ones I'll eventually get around to reading.