Task Completion discussion

Past Challenge Periods > R2: What are you planning to read?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) What are you planning to read for the March - August tasks?

message 2: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Aug 31, 2011 04:10PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 278 comments Mod
5.1 (#) & (#)
5.2 (school) & (school)
5.3 The Night Dance: A Retelling of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" by Suzanne Weyn(<150pg) & (<150pg)

10.1 (weather) & (weather)
10.2 (one word) & (one word)
10.3 (Newbery) & (Newbery)

15.1 (M),(O),(N),(D),(A),(Y)(each title spells out Day of week)
15.2 (birth year)
15.3 (3 graphic novel)
15.4 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling(1 hero)

20.1 (about food/drinks)
20.2 (2 books from Z's shelf)
20.3 Entwined by Heather Dixon(3 backs to the reader)

25.1 (1000 reviews or less) & The Host by Stephenie Meyer(25000 reviews or more)
25.2 (yellow) & (green) & Wanted by Sara Shepard(orange) & (purple) & Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman(white/gray)
25.3 Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Futuristic), The Help by Kathryn Stockett(historical), Outlander by Diana Gabaldon(historical)(1 futuristic, 2 historical)

35.1 The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (1) Undaunted by William Manchee (2) Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen (5 from un-normal genre)
35.2 Perfect by Sara Shepard (1), Unbelievable by Sara Shepard, Wicked by Sara Shepard, Heartless by Sara Shepard (4 books from single series)
35.3 Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (11) & A Room with a View by E.M. Forster (20)

50.1 Night World, No. 2: Dark Angel; The Chosen; Soulmate by L.J. Smith (1991), (5 books from different decade in 1900's)
50.2 The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (Favorite Books of 2010), Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Young Adult Fantasy), Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (Young Adult Fiction), (5 books nominated for Goodread's Readers Choice)

100.1 Bitten by Kelley Armstrong(2001) & Beauty Sleep: A Retelling of "Sleeping Beauty" by Cameron Dokey(2002) & Midnight Pearls by Debbie Viguie(2003) & Scarlet Moon by Debbie Viguie(2004) & Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling(2005) & Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard(2006) & Flawless by Sara Shepard(2007) & Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber(2008) & Killer by Sara Shepard(2009) & My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking(2010)

message 3: by Zakiya (last edited Aug 13, 2011 12:27PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) 5.1 - One Night That Changes Everything & The 19 Dragons
5.2 - Pride and Prejudice
5.3 - Flavors & The Night My Life Changed Forever
5.3 (2nd time) - The Tales of Beedle the Bard & (book2)

10.1 - Falling Under (rain) & The Lipstick Laws (snow)*
10.2 - Wither & Beastly
10.2 (2nd time) - Between & Clarity
10.2 (3rd time) - Divergent & Graceling
10.2 (4th time) - Angelfire & Fallen
10.2 (5th time) - Max & (book2)
10.3 - Hoot & A Year Down Yonder

15.1 - Wicked: Witch & Curse, Eragon, Deception Point, Night World, No. 2: Dark Angel; The Chosen; Soulmate , Eldest, The Shapeshifters: The Kiesha'ra of the Den of Shadows, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, The Alchemyst, & "Y"
15.2 - The Notebook (born in 1996)**
15.3 - The Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel, (book2), & (book3)
15.4 - The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian, & City of Fallen Angels

20.1 - The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
20.1 (2nd time) - L.A. Candy
20.2 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone & Mockingjay (both off of Meghan's shelf)*
20.3 - Untamed, Hereafter, & (book3)

25.1 - Reasons On My Wrist & (25K+ reviews)**
25.2 - The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan , Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling , Fire (The Seven Kingdoms, #2) by Kristin Cashore , Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5) by Jeff Kinney , & Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick DONE
25.3 - The Sweet Far Thing, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, & Extras (Extras = futuristic)*

35.2 - The Princess Diaries, Princess in the Spotlight, Princess in Love, & Princess in Waiting (Thirteen (13) books left to read in this series)**
35.2 (2nd time) - Glass Houses , The Dead Girls' Dance , Midnight Alley, & Feast of Fools (Eight (8) books left to read in this series)**
35.3 - Vampire Mountain & The End

50.1 - 1984 (publ'd 1949), Lord of the Flies (publ'd 1958), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (publ'd 1999), (book4), & (book5)*
50.2 - The Mockingbirds (YA Fiction), The Red Pyramid (Favorite Book), Before I Fall (Favorite Heroine), Torment (Favorite Hero), & The Replacement (Cover Art)*

100.1 - (2001), (2002), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Devil's Arithmetic , Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, (2006), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Every Soul A Star, Beautiful Creatures , & Last Sacrifice (books are in order by year of publication)*

* Required notes
** Optional notes

Books that need to be placed:
her dear and loving husband

message 4: by Nicolle (last edited Jan 21, 2011 02:27PM) (new)

Nicolle Me too
Nicolle's Spot

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I've almost got all of mine planned out, but I doubt that even half of that will be read during the challenge period.

message 6: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Haha I am going to do mine more as I go and fill out what I have. Otherwise I will never finish anything.

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Well I don't really have a lot of free time, so I know if I plan out what I'd like to read before we start, I might be less discombobulated. LOL :)

message 8: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Haha I plan ahead for the Seasonal Reading Challenge. And whatever I read for that one i try to fit somewhere in this one.

message 9: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I am still a part of SRC but I haven't really been participating. Will try to get back with the program in March.

message 10: by ★Meghan★ (new)

I like it. It kind of focuses what I will read. Not everything is stuff I would normally pick up, but I end up liking it.

message 11: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yepps, it was like that for me, like, 2 seasons ago. I've been so busy, and I have to manage so much. GoodReads, blogs, etc.

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I am adding just one more task to the list. It will be 15.4

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen Just would like to save a spot for these challenges! Still planning on what to read =)

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's perfectly fine, Jenny! :D

Rachel (Raindrop Baker) (therootbeer) | 44 comments I'm so excited for this!! <3

message 16: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) So am I, Rachel! :D So far it's going good. How about the rest of you?

message 17: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Can't believe I don't have City of Fallen Angels on here at all for ANYTHING. Well, now it is :)