Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > If TC is indeed a family...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brittomart (last edited Dec 28, 2010 08:14PM) (new)

Brittomart ...then who fits what roles?

I think RA would be that cool uncle that shows up once every 10 years. Oh, and Gus gets that same role too.

I think I'm already like Petra's e-daughter. Michele's totally grandma, that super lovable grandma whom you can't wait to go visit, and you'd actually call them without your parents making you.

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I see myself as the big brother who is constantly teasing (are you listening, Sally?).

You may see me differently.

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I can be a cousin.

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Jim, I hope you take this the right way -- you seem like a cool grandpa who will teach kids some magic tricks and share your hard candy.

message 5: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Bun is mom. Definitely mom.

message 6: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Bun is totally mom.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) King Dinösaur wrote: "I'm obviously the black sheep. :("

More like a steel gray sheep.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think RA would be that cool uncle that shows up once every 10 years. Oh, and Gus gets that same role too.

If this is true, I demand we have a spinoff sitcom in which we have to live together.

message 9: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I see KD as like, that guy who's really close to family and shows up at all of the family gatherings, and no one can quite figure out how he's related.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Southern Fried Britt wrote: "I see KD as like, that guy who's really close to family and shows up at all of the family gatherings, and no one can quite figure out how he's related."

Ha!

message 11: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments This Tadpole person seems to be like the UPS guy: Shows up every once in a while, everyone is glad to see him, and sometimes he brings a treat for the dog.

message 12: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Yes, Jim's eyes say "dad"

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments Obscure relative no one has ever met here

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Msg 13: !!!

Msg 12: right. Tad appearances are a happy thing.

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Indeed they are.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Are Nools and Knarik and Matt the college-aged relatives that breeze in the door, say hi, and then disappear again to see their friends?

Am I the one who spends her time under the table with the dog?

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Nools and Matt are estranged. I miss Nools.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

What are you doing down there Pi? Is anyone playing footsie besides RA and the librarian?

message 19: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Larry is my grandpa.

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Southern Fried Britt wrote: "Larry is my grandpa."

We have children very early in this family.

message 21: by Brittomart (last edited Dec 29, 2010 08:49AM) (new)

Brittomart I don't quite know your age range, Larry, sorry. I think everyone is older than they actually are.

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Hee hee. No problem.

message 23: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I was going to claim "Cranky spinster aunt," but then Barb melted my heart and made me sniffle.

Thank you, Barb.

message 24: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments I'll take that spot, Jammies! Where's all my cats?

message 25: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I think your avatar scared 'em off, Carol. ;)

message 26: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Wait until I post my two-headed dog photo. We call him Moody.

message 27: by Jammies (new)

Jammies LOL

message 28: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Speaking of cool uncles that show up every ten years...hey everyone, hi!

message 29: by Sally, la reina (new)

Hey Gus! Tell me more about the book I loaned you. I'm about ready to read it and need you to talk me through it.

message 30: by Sally, la reina (new)

I want to be the cool, weird aunt with big curly hair and funky tights.

message 31: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Sally, the book's pretty dense and hyper-literate. I still haven't finished it; I've been reading it in bits and spurts, but I find it very interesting.

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori I'm the weird aunt. Breezes in and out to check up on people. Then returns to her own little world.

message 33: by Sally, la reina (new)

Hyper-literate is an interesting term. Have you ever watched the author on YouTube? His theories on music and sound are very interesting, imho.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Oh! I'm great at being the odd sister!

message 35: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Phil wrote: "Jim, I hope you take this the right way -- you seem like a cool grandpa who will teach kids some magic tricks and share your hard candy."

I don't think thereis a bad way to take that Phil, thanks.

I can be a grampa to some, a dad to others, it doesn't matter as long as I get to be in the family.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Barb wrote: "Loveably-odd ... I try really hard to not kick you at all times while sitting at the table. I even feed you the veggies I don't want to eat off my plate."

I thought for a minute you were feeding me under the table like the dog, but I think you're sharing your veggies because I'm vegetarian? I'm ok with the latter, certainly. Really, I'll come out from under the table. I was just protecting the dog from the kids.

message 37: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Is "coming out from under the table" a euphemism for something?

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Are you equating it with coming out of the closet? Been there, done that.

message 39: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No I didn't have any preconceived ideas at all. It just sounded euphemistic.

message 40: by Sally, la reina (new)

I like the Glass Box.

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments OK, in that case, coming out from under the table is a euphemism for when someone joins a party reluctantly. "John didn't think he'd have fun tonight, so I practically had to drag him here. Now that he's out from under the table, he's having a good time."
Or is that too literal?

message 42: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Nothing could ever be too literal for my tastes.

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

I've had that exact phrase said about me, so I knew what you meant.

message 44: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Or it may be related to the phrase, "drinking someone under the table."

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments You could easily drink me under the table. I'm a lightweight.

message 46: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sally wrote: "What are you doing down there Pi? Is anyone playing footsie besides RA and the librarian?"

More like she's kicking me in the shins:)

Matt and I still comment on each other's blogs.

message 47: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Larry and I have both met Tadpole, by the way, and he's awesome.

message 48: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Someone make up a clever relative cliche for Jonathan, quick!

message 49: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateharper) | 206 comments Lori wrote: "I'm the weird aunt. Breezes in and out to check up on people. Then returns to her own little world."

Lori and I are sisters. I'm the tall aunt with the 70s glasses and the big purse.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I wouldn't kick you in the shins, RA. I'm the nice cousin! I'd be helping out with the cooking, and taking plates back to the kitchen with Bun. Where we would be gossiping about everyone NOT in the kitchen. :)

Besides, you do yourself enough injury, as the image of your bloody toes continues to remind us.

« previous 1