THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Technical glitch?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Douglas (anndouglas) | 13 comments I keep receiving updates from a GoodReads member who is (1) not my friend and (2) not someone I am following. Is there someone in the tech department who can look into this for me? I'd like to remove this person from my update feed because they post a lot of recommendations that are not of any interest to me.

Thanks.

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 276 comments Ann wrote: "I keep receiving updates from a GoodReads member who is (1) not my friend and (2) not someone I am following. Is there someone in the tech department who can look into this for me? I'd like to remo..."

If you send an email to support at goodreads dot com, we will look into it.

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann Douglas (anndouglas) | 13 comments Thank you so much for that info. I really appreciate it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I joined the YA Science Fiction & Fantasy Book Club on Jan. 6th left several replied on different forums and each time I came back in response to receiving an email alter about a post, none of my posts are on the forum.

I go to post another comment and get the normal pop-up about first posts. Finally, I said forget and left the group since I can't figure what is happening. Nor have I been notified by a moderator of a problem. But I am curious if there is a glitch on the forum.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Shawn, Did you post about your own writing? Some groups have rules against that, or have rules that only active reader members post about their own work, and sometimes in specific folders. Mods of some groups will delete any posts that don't follow the rules.

Could that have happened?

You can check a group's rules either under rules or sometimes there are discussion threads in the general folder or in folders on author member topics.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I posted on the appropriate forum for authors, then on the introduction forum, and answered a member's request a book suggestions.

Before each post, I read each forum to see if other authors had answered and found some others. So if I got deleted for some infraction, why not the others? Those former posts were still visible when I returned. And I haven't heard from a moderator that I violated anything.

I'm aware of the rules and follow them.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Shawn, Just checking. Did you send a message to the moderator, by any chance, just to try to find out what happened?

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 11, 2011 03:45AM) (new)

Not yet, since I'm weighing whether it would be worth it. The rules very greatly between groups and some seem more welcoming of authors than others. I try to become naturally involved in a group, not be pushy or become accused of 'spamming'. I took the same approach with this group.

I posted here wanting to first learn if there was some technical glitch before deciding whether to proceed. I don't want a foster a bad reputation or perception, so I'd rather bow out than cause unneeded conflict.

message 9: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments A technical glitch is highly unlikely.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Perhaps, Rivka. Still, it would have been nice to be contacted and told if I did something unknowingly wrong rather than just rudely deleted.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Perhaps, Rivka. Still, it would have been nice to be contacted and told if I did something unknowingly wrong rather than just rudely deleted.

message 12: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments As I know nothing about the group or the posts in question, I can't comment on that.

message 13: by A. (new)

A. Mcginley (amcginley) | 1 comments Hi, I am new here. Just saying hello to everyone.
Arlene McGinley