You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Book Resources & Recommendations > Novels with existing technologies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TaTa (last edited Dec 29, 2010 12:15PM) (new)

TaTa I want to read some books which involves with current technologies, or used to be new and innovative at the time setting of the stories. I've read several science-fiction books, and liked them all. I think it'd be good to read novels involve with high but current tech, compared to future/imaginative technologies. Any recommendation? Thanks.

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) I'd search for tags "near future" or "near-future" - or specific keywords of high technology like "stem cell" or "nanotechnology" or "organic circuitry." Techno-thrillers have a lot of this stuff - Greg Iles, Dean Koontz, Michael Crichton, Tess Geritson. If, like me, you don't like thrillers, I hope other folks add some good rec's to this topic. I agree it'd be interesting reading.

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 70 comments Microserfs by Douglas Coupland -about computer geeks in the 1990's. Very innovative for its' time.

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) Microserfs does look intriguing, thanks Brenda!

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 70 comments You are welcome. I think it will give you a glimpse of what it was like to be involved in something that was once "cutting edge" but now no longer is.

message 6: by Nuriafdez (new)

Nuriafdez | 1 comments Any good book on lovers that met in a chat ?

message 7: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51420 comments Welcome to YLO Nuriafdez! I can't think of any novels about two people who met online in a chat room, but perhaps someone else in the group can answer that question.

message 8: by Jaye (last edited Apr 21, 2013 06:42PM) (new)

Jaye Listen Listen by Rene Gutteridge

TaTa, Is this the type you want to read?

message 9: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17773 comments Welcome Nuriafdez. Not quite a chat room but heard a review about this one the other day that people seem to like (haven't read it personally so can't give my opinion) The Rosie Project The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion