100 books in 2011 discussion

General > What books are you most looking forward to reading in 2011

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 154 comments Mod
What new release books are you looking forward to reading this year?

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleymabus) Awakened by P.C.and Kirsten Cast. Plague by Michael Grant. The rest of the Sweep bind-ups by Cate Tiernan

message 3: by Katoof (new)

I can't wait for awakened, I have already added it to the group bookshelf!

message 4: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Anderson | 167 comments Mod
I've got a long list of books I can't wait to read this year, but at the top of the list are:
This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers, #9) by Christine Feehan River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valerie3) | 9 comments I am waiting to finish the Hunger Games Trilogy! I still have yet to purchase the last one!

message 6: by Misty (new)

Misty Vauble (mistyd107) too Many to name but I guess some I really look forward to reading are The virgin river series, Water for elephants, The art of Racing in the rain. All of which I already have on my Kindle I just need to get around to them :)

message 7: by Katoof (new)

I loved water for elephants, I read it on holiday in the summer !

Angel I cant wait for this side of the grave... so excited!!

message 8: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Savoie (mrsavoie) | 233 comments any!!!!!! Can't wait for so many..plus am catching up with so many it's hard to keep track!!!

message 9: by Katoof (new)

I know, Im am into so many series agt the moment i keep forgetting if i have read the latest in the series or when the next book is due out

message 10: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Savoie (mrsavoie) | 233 comments IKR!!! Like, Last Sacrifice!! OH!!! OMG!! TOTALLY FORGOT!!!! O.O CITY OF ANGELS!!!!!!! City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!

message 11: by Katoof (new)

I am going to start last sacrifice after chasing the shadows as it arrived today, I am glad in not the only one who forgot

I havent read the cassandra claire books but the first three came today in the same package as last sacrifice - city of ashes, city of bones and city of glass... I had 8 books come today, christmas came early!!!

message 12: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Savoie (mrsavoie) | 233 comments Your shhhopoouuulllllldd!!!! They are AWESOME!!!! Can't wait for the next to come out! XD

message 13: by Marielle (new)

Marielle Savoie (mrsavoie) | 233 comments and Blessed!! <3 Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith

message 14: by Traci (new)

Traci | 31 comments You must read last sacrifice... I am waiting for the new year to start anything new... (i got a nook from santa) but i have like a million books to read on my list.. Cant wait!!!!

message 15: by Katoof (new)

Just finished last sacrifice and loved it

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_jane2) There are so many books I can't wait to read, I have a hundred in my to read pile so I hope I'll get those done whilst resisting the urge to read and buy and new books.

I want to read The Host and finish Phillipa Gregory's tudor series this year.

message 17: by Francie (new)

Francie (love_francie) Omg...I'm waiting for so many books in 2011!!!

Awakened (House of Night, #8) by P.C. Cast Dark Goddess (A Devil's Kiss Novel) by Sarwat Chadda My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4) by Rachel Vincent City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater (plus others that I haven't written down yet, lol)

2011 is going to be a very good year!!

message 19: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 31 comments I CAN'T WAIT FOR THESE!

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward

message 20: by Katoof (new)

THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE AND LOVER UNLEASHED SEEM TO BE CROPPING UP ALOT... NOT THAT I AM SURPRISED!!! SO EXCITED!

message 21: by Katoof (new)

whoops, caps lock

message 22: by Angelique (new)

lol...whoops my petunia(Fever reference)!

message 23: by Katoof (new)

fever?

message 24: by Angelique (last edited Dec 21, 2010 10:54AM) (new)

The Fever series! You have really got to jump on that train, Girl you're way behind. It's one of my all time favorites!

Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

message 25: by Katoof (new)

oooh yeah I believe you have mentioned them to me before!

message 26: by Angelique (new)

and you have to read them. I know you'll become addicted!

message 27: by Katoof (new)

I am sure I will :S

message 28: by Angelique (new)

lol...I have no doubt!

message 29: by Katoof (new)

well you got me into nora roberts and I am sure some others!!

message 30: by Angelique (new)

lol...hey that door swings both ways. Remember when you introduced me to Night Huntress and Keri Arthur. I owe you eternal gratitude for those!

message 31: by Katoof (new)

two of my fav authors... I have just read the nikki and michael series by keri arthur
and I loved it!!

message 32: by Angelique (new)

really!?! I lan to get to them sometime this year, but I have to get through what I've just bought first. and that will keep me busy a while

message 33: by Katoof (new)

in a discount bookstore near me they had them for 3 ooks for £5.00 which is about 3 books for $7.50
i bought 15 books

message 34: by Angelique (new)

that's reall good. I'm yard sale junkie as you know. In october, I found 67 PNR books for 3o something dollars.

message 35: by Katoof (new)

wow, amazing

message 36: by Angelique (new)

i know, and last month i found a huge box of Christine feehan, larissa Ione, kresley cole, and a whole bunch of others for a dollar a piece!

message 37: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 31 comments WOW, that's fantastic! The best deal I've ever found is on the book depository website. I NEED to find a good used book store.

message 38: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 3 comments I am seriously looking forward to reading Timothy James Dean's sequel to Teeth called Skins. Then there is a sequel to Ben Coes's Power Down coming out also which sounds great.

message 40: by Angelique (new)

Angie wrote: "WOW, that's fantastic! The best deal I've ever found is on the book depository website. I NEED to find a good used book store."

Try yard sales and Flea Markets...that's where I find all my best deals. Thirt stores too.

message 41: by Corrina (new)

Corrina | 3 comments Oh goodness, SO many! Bite Club The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine A Tale of Two Pretties (The Clique, #14) by Lisi Harrison Angel (Maximum Ride, #7) by James Patterson Plague (Gone, #4) by Michael Grant Awakened (House of Night, #8) by P.C. Cast Ominous (Private, #13) by Kate Brian Mastiff (Beka Cooper, #3) by Tamora Pierce Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins Cruel Love (Privilege, #6) by Kate Brian Shimmer by Alyson Noel Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game #2) by Sara Shepard Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead Dead Is Not An Option (Dead Is, #5) by Marlene Perez

And also, I'm praying that Christopher Paolini hurries up and releases the last Eragon book! It's been over two years!!!

message 42: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Stuart (dylangi) | 12 comments Angelique wrote: "lol...whoops my petunia(Fever reference)!"

It's my ass, awh i just swore fudgebuckets!!!

Thank you for making me laugh

message 43: by Katoof (new)

there are so many books coming up here that I have never read... uh oh more books to add to the to read list

message 44: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Stuart (dylangi) | 12 comments these are books I already own, but have not read yet... THIS is my list

Thorn Queen by Richelle Mead Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7) by Lara Adrian Kisses from Hell by Kristin Cast Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Shadowland (The Immortals, #3) by Alyson Noel Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) by Alyson Noel Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4) by Alyson Noel Night Star (Immortals) by Alyson Noel City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare Christopher Pike The last Vampire Series Books 1-7 White Witch, Black Curse (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #7) by Kim Harrison Where Demons Dare (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #6) by Kim Harrison Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #8) by Kim Harrison Every Which Way But Dead (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #3) by Kim Harrison A Fistful of Charms (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #4) by Kim Harrison For a Few Demons More (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #5) by Kim Harrison Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison The Good, The Bad and The Undead (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #2) by Kim Harrison The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, #3) by Rachel Caine Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Into Danger (S.A.S.S., #1) by Gennita Low Facing Fear (S.A.S.S., #2) by Gennita Low Seduced by Magic (Magic Series, #2) by Cheyenne McCray Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau, #6) by Lynsay Sands The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason Rises The Night (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #2) by Colleen Gleason Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine Heat Stroke (Weather Warden, #2) by Rachel Caine Night Shift (Jill Kismet, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Redemption Alley (Jill Kismet, #3) by Lilith Saintcrow Hunter's Prayer (Jill Kismet, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow Immortal Love Stories with Bite by P.C. Cast Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh Lucan (Pendragon Legacy, #1) by Susan Kearney Jordan (Pendragon Legacy, #3) by Susan Kearney Rion (Pendragon Legacy, #2) by Susan Kearney Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) by Melissa Marr Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) by Melissa Marr Evermore (Darkyn, #5) by Lynn Viehl Twilight Fall (Darkyn, #6) by Lynn Viehl Stay the Night (Darkyn, #7) by Lynn Viehl

Ok I think that is it nmy shelves, then I have o order aswell. Top of the list is
Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) by J.R. Ward Grave Secret (Harper Connelly, #4) by Charlaine Harris

I think that is it for now

message 45: by Katoof (new)

stray is great, I loved the whole of the shifters series!

The mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare are in my pile of to read books in my living room!!!

message 46: by Elayna (new)

Elayna | 43 comments I just started the Night Huntress Series but I have piles of books i need to read and put up on goodreads yet

message 47: by Elayna (new)

Elayna | 43 comments Angelique wrote: "these are books I already own, but have not read yet... THIS is my list

Thorn Queen by Richelle MeadStorm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle MeadKiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian[bookcover:Veil of Midnig..."

We have alot of the same books.

message 48: by Katoof (new)

I love the night huntress series, how are you finding it Elayna?

message 49: by Elayna (new)

Elayna | 43 comments Angelique wrote: "lol...hey that door swings both ways. Remember when you introduced me to Night Huntress and Keri Arthur. I owe you eternal gratitude for those!"

The Night Huntress is awesome and a friend on mine told me about Keri Aruther Ive got the books just havent read them yet. Ive had the Night Huntress series for awhile and just pulled it out yesterday and started reading it and Im in love already

message 50: by Katoof (new)

im not surprised, i fell in love instantly. have you got the first drop of crimson, its a spin off and its amazing!!

Keri arthur is great, I have read the Riley Jenson series and the nikki and michael series and loved them both!

What other books do you love?

« previous 1