SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > Book Depository Xmas orders?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 346 comments Is anyone else still waiting for bookdepository.com orders made at the beginning of December?
I have three books ordered seperately - one to a UK address, one to a US address and one to me in Australia and none have arrived yet even though the tracking says they were sent on Dec 3rd. I have emailed them but just wondered if anyone else was experiencing delays?
I know customs is crazy around this time of year so that may be the cause of the delay

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Dec 15, 2010 08:38PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments Bummer. No, I haven't had any issues (yet), but my orders weren't placed/shipped until very recently. Most of mine are pre-orders or just recently rls'd. Sorry. Hope they make it there b4 Xmas!

ETA: BD has always been fast at replying to my req's for help, so hopefully they get back to you soon and have some idea as to the holdup.

message 3: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23915 comments Shelleyrae, I've had 2 ship on 2 Dec, one arrived 8 Dec the other still in transit.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 82 comments My orders, all to the UK, have been fairly quick. =/

message 5: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I placed an order on the 2nd (late in the evening), it shipped the 6th, I received it on the 12th to Canada.

I think that there is an increase in mail at this time of the year so packages may have slowed down a little bit.

I have been pretty happy with their service - it says 7-10 business days for shipping.

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23915 comments Shelleyrae, did you get your book yet?

Still waiting on my 2nd one but I've received a couple ordered around the 10th instead. Luckily I'm not desperate for any of them.

message 7: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I think you can expect delays on book deliveries since the UK was hit by SNOWMEGGADON 2010. They use the mail, mail is shipped by plane, no planes were flying for a week now, no deliveries.

message 8: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23915 comments AH wrote: "I think you can expect delays on book deliveries since the UK was hit by SNOWMEGGADON 2010. They use the mail, mail is shipped by plane, no planes were flying for a week now, no deliveries."

Yeah, AH you're right but we were talking about books shipped 2nd or 3rd Dec, before Snowmeggadon.

My 2nd 2 December book came today, hope yours is not too far away Shelleyrae if you haven't already got it.

message 9: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 346 comments Hi Sandra - mine came today as well - and the others got theirs on Monday - I'm just relived they made it :)

message 10: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23915 comments Yay!!!!!!!!Shelleyrae :)

message 11: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Meanwhile, my order placed on the 17th (luckily not for Christmas) has not even been processed.

message 12: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments AH, my order from 15th and another from 19th came today and I live in the UK so you'll probably get yours next week.

A couple of my orders still appear in my open orders as "processing" even though I received them last year!

message 13: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Thanks, Amy - Good to know. I figured that no one got to work during the snowstorm and no flights were going out. I'm in no rush for the books.