Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > do you stub your toes often?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'm a huge klutz and my depth perception is not exactly perfect. as a result i stub my toes at least once a week, sometimes even several times a day. and it is painful! are you as klutzy as me or do you almost never stub your toes?

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) This is sad.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I don't think I do stub my toes much. But I hate when I do.

Sometimes you wear glasses and sometimes you don't, Janine. Is that a factor?

Also, clumsiness is endearing. Just ask Bella from Twilight.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I may stub my toe once every four years or so.

message 5: by janine (last edited Dec 13, 2010 06:21AM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "I don't think I do stub my toes much. But I hate when I do.

Sometimes you wear glasses and sometimes you don't, Janine. Is that a factor?

Also, clumsiness is endearing. Just ask Bella from ..."

i'm not sure i want some sparkly vampire lusting after me because i constantly stub my toes.

and no, it's not the glasses, they don't help with the depth perception and when i stubbed my toe really bad this morning i was wearing my glasses. i'm just very unaware of my surroundings sometimes.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I was thinking that you must have a depth perception issue, or are rushing around so fast that you aren't paying attention. Usually after hurting one self, they develop an aversion to the activity that is causing the pain.

message 7: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i do that thing with doorways too, and with chairs and tables and walls, etc.

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) poor janine.

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Since I'm tall I occasionally hit my head on doorways, low-hanging objects, etc. and then jump around and swear.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I don't stub my toes very often, but I bang my knees on things all the time, and I sometimes cut corners too close and bump my elbow or shoulder.

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments I'm a big toe-stubber.

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I bet the other 8 toes are happy you don't stub them :-)

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Jim wrote: "I bet the other 8 toes are happy you don't stub them :-)"

Bet they don't feel snubbed.

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments You are probably correct.

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) @janine -- is the term "klutz" of Dutch derivation?

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Ah.

message 17: by janine (last edited Dec 13, 2010 10:16AM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments Larry wrote: "@janine -- is the term "klutz" of Dutch derivation?"

if i would have used a dutch word it would be kluns. klutz sounds better.

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) janine wrote: "if i would have used a dutch word it would be kluns. klutz sounds better."

Agreed.

message 19: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments BunWat wrote: "There are some people in my family who have a tendency to fill up spaces with things. They will put a lot of furniture in a room so there's only this narrow aisle to pass between and then put a lo..."

thank you, bun. i feel much better about my clumsiness now.

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
RandomAnthony wrote: "
Also, clumsiness is endearing. Just ask Bella from ..."

***writhes***

message 21: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24359 comments Mod
I used to stub my toes all the time. Then I made a conscious decision to walk more carefully. Seriously. But sometimes I wear this polartec sweatshirt with zip pockets, and if the pockets are unzipped the whole pocket will get caught on a doorknob and I'll get whipped around.

message 22: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments o, i forgot about that, i get caught on things too.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments I constantly clip doorways. My shoulders always have a bruise or two.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I clip doorways and table edges way too often.

message 25: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I like wearing carpenter style pants, but the hammer-holder thingy likes to catch on drawer & cabinet knobs.

message 26: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24359 comments Mod

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Best brother-sister duo ever?

message 28: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Lower-case "c".

Oops, I put the period outside of the quote. I'll catch hell from Sally, but I don't really feel like going back and correcting it. Besides, she'll never find a platypus hiding behind a ficus.