Writing Passionates discussion

Games & Contests > My favorite riddle!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 397 (397 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) Here's another of my favorite riddles that sparked a few stories. See what you think:

You're trapped in a room. A CONCRETE room with a concrete floor, concrete roof, ect... There are no trap doors or anything. (I have to be very specific because my friend and I found a million wrong answers to this one that could be plausible if the teller isn't specific enough. Sorry! Back to the riddle). In the middle of the room is a table, and on the wall is a mirror. How do you get out?

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 181 comments You look in the mirror and see what you saw, you take the saw and saw the table in half, two halfs make a hole, you crawl through the hole.

message 3: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
What...? I don't get what Morgan said...

message 4: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) way to ruin the fun Morgan! :) I'm just kidding.... that's my favorite. It stumped my know-it-all science teacher, so he pretended like he was all high and mighty for riddles. The pompous windbag!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Lol! Had the same answer Morgan except you break the mirror and then make a hole.

message 6: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Oh..this is confuddling. :-/

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

naw actually it makes sense!

message 8: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

well yeah..but its not realistic.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

true

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

but sometimes riddles are like that.

message 11: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 181 comments I love this one too, it's so funny!

message 12: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) that's why I like riddles! They don't have to make sense to be true!

message 13: by Tate (new)

Tate | 106 comments Laina, haha, I like how you said "the pompous windbag". It was funny, :)

message 14: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) oh dear... can you tell I don't think much of my science teacher? Sadly, I'll miss him this next year. Or miss argueing with him would be more correct...

message 15: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments i here this riddle all the time and could never figure it out, my friends had to tell me

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, so did mine. I was stumped.

message 17: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) hehe when I heard this riddle, I was with one of my best friends and we found all kinds of answeres! Technically, I think they could've been answers, even if they weren't answers! Because of that, we have to make it specific. :) No trap doors behind the mirrors, no straw roofs, no-- you are not a muscle-man who can break through walls.... hehehe. Too much fun!

message 18: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
LOL! That sounds like something I would do...

message 19: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Wow, I wonder how someone could even come up with a riddle like that.

BUTTERFLIES BUYING SEPTEMBER IN GREEN

message 20: by Tate (new)

Tate | 106 comments How come they bought it? I thought that I did.

message 21: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments I know one just like that. It's basically the same thing, but there are two other ways to get out.

You're trapped in a concrete room, with concrete ceilings and floors, no windows, one CEMENT door. There's only a few items in the room, a mirror, a table, a piano, and a baseball bat. What are three ways to get out?

message 22: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) hmmmmm... open the door with a key from the piano, look in the mirror, get what you saw, saw the table in half, two halves make a whole so crawl through the hole and..... i don't know the third.... hmmm... use your bat sonar to call for help!!! (i've never heard this one.... you can't tell, can you?)

message 23: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments You got two right, take a key from the piano and unlock the door, and look in the mirror see what you saw, take the saw, saw the table in half, put the two halves together, make a hole and jump through. Nice try for the third, though. It's kind of hard.

message 24: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

No idea.

Once we've got Kenzie's riddle figured out, I've got one of my own I'd like to share. XD

message 25: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments 'Kay, that's fine by me. Do you guys want a hint?

message 26: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yes please!

message 27: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) YES!

message 28: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments The bat refers to a baseball bat, so think baseball.

message 29: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) hmmm.....i know nothing about baseball. and what i do know, i can't think of anything that makes sense to answer it...

message 30: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

hit a home run and head home...?

message 31: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments No, but getting closer. That one's good, though.

message 32: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

um...okay, i have no idea.

message 33: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Think more about missing the ball.

message 34: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

strike?

message 35: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) swing the door open.

message 36: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

how about, strike out and the ball hits a hole in the door, which you crawl through??

message 37: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments No, but it has something to do with strikes. The door is CEMENT, you know?

message 38: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

um...umm...okay please don't tell me the answer, just let me think...

message 39: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments 'Kay.

message 40: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

does it have to do with the word cement? as in, if you say it in a different way, it could mean something else? (like SE-MEANT or something?)

message 41: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Nothing to do with cement. I just wanted to be clear on the fact that you couldn't break through the walls or the door.

message 42: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Oh, okay. Can you give me another hint without telling me the answer?

message 43: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Strikes...switching teams...

message 44: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Um...you get a strike out, then you switch teams and you're pitching, you pitch a ball and the person misses, two misses make a hit, a hit gets you through the door?

Okay, yeah, I know, that was lame and didn't even make sense. I'm just thinking!! This is hard!!

message 45: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
hmmmm.... yeah i suck at riddles. XD

message 46: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) ahhh! this is driving me mad! I think sella is on the right track? three strikes, and you're out!!! right... as in out of the room??? so let's see that would make:

1. Look in the mirror take what you saw, saw the table in half, two halves make a whole, so you crawl through the hole and get out.

2. Get a key from the piano and open the door.

3. Get three strikes and you're out!!

Am i getting closer?

message 47: by Tate (new)

Tate | 106 comments Ah darn it... Laina got to it before me... I was thinking "I can guess this one, I can guess this one!" But she figured out the "get three strikes you're out" thing, wah. Now I am rather sad.

message 48: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) i'm sorry! : ( But i'm kinda impressed with myself because i never figure out riddles! i'm not very smart. i just fool people into thinking i am. hahaha. MUAHAHAHAHAHA! k... k.... k... i'm done now....

message 49: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
yah i do the same thing... everyone thinks i'm so smart for some reason and i'm like "um.... no. not really." lol. XD

message 50: by Tate (new)

Tate | 106 comments I remember when I thought that I was the smartest person in the world. At that time, I was about seven.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8