What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book from 70's, Fantasy, autistic child, castle where time travel occurred

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wrathbane (new)

Wrathbane | 3 comments Book from 70's, Fantasy, autistic child, castle where time travel occurred. The story starts out with children going to an old keep or castle and travelling in time and possibley space. One of the children was autistic.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashinscribbleland) | 64 comments The Castle in the Attic? Elizabeth Winthrope, followed by The Battle for the Castle.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) The Castle in the Attic, for the link. I hope Wrathbane sees this. :)

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Brien | 151 comments There is no autistic child in The Castle in the Attic.

message 5: by Laina (new)

Laina (lshockley) | 191 comments It's a long shot, but it could be A Wrinkle in Time. I haven't read it recently, but their adventure starts out with the children going to an old house and then getting transported through... only space I think, but possibly time too. The youngest brother isn't autistic, but he does have high intelligence coupled with some social issues, so if your memory on this area is foggy, this could be it.

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2503 comments Mod
In the Keep of Time - but I don't recall if there's an autistic child or not...

message 7: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 956 comments There isn't really any time travel but otherwise it sounds a lot like Charmed Life by Dianna Wynne Jones to me. It's one of her Chrestomanci books. The main character, Eric "Cat" Chant, is supposed to be mildly autistic. His sister does travel to another world/dimension.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20...

message 8: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 956 comments I messaged them. We will see if they reply.

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) Nope, too bad. Gotta send it to abandoned.