Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > 4 wm/bw storylines you're probably not following, for good reason

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments I like Archer

message 2: by Stacy-Deanne (last edited Dec 04, 2010 06:26PM) (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) *shrugging* I watch none of these shows.

I always thought Hellcats was a ripoff of Glee.

Saw Archer once.

But I love Family Guy but Cleveland wasn't nowhere near my favorite character so I never watched it. I saw a few scenes and it wasn't funny but silly. One of the worst spin off ideas if you ask me.

Haven't watched GH since 1996. Got tired of The Sonny Show. The best IR couple they had was Jason and Keisha then they missed that up. I have a feeling GH will be going like most other soaps soon.

Best Wishes!

message 3: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) I watched Archer and I have watched the Cleveland show, sometimes being unPC is fun. I haven't watched Hellcats and don't plan too. Glee either, although I did like the pilot episode of Glee, I just couldn't get into it. General Hospital and others have been doing IR couples for a while. I believe GH was the first to have an IR wedding, a black female doctor married a white Webber Doctor.

message 4: by Stacy-Deanne (last edited Dec 05, 2010 09:59AM) (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) I don't watch Glee either. Just a copy of Fame if you ask me. I am a big Family Guy fan but Cleveland was never my favorite character. He was all right but kind of dry. To me he was the least funniest so I never wanted to see that show. I wish they'd given Quagmire a spinoff. Now THAT I'd watch! But my favorite FG character is Stewie hands down!!!!! Stew's the man! He's so diabolically evil it's insane! ROFL!

I knew when Glee became popular other shows would bite and here came Hellcats. I'd never watch that and one reason is that the so-called teens on HC look like they are pushing 35. LOL! Please can't they get actors who at least look the ages they're playing? Anyway I don't watch teen shows or high school shows. Just don't interest me. They seem to all be the same. I liked shows like 90210, Party of Five, though. I liked the 90's teen dramas because they had depth and good actors. Now? Please.

It seems to me that Glee's not as popular as it was last year. I only say that because I barely hear anyone talking about it now.

Best Wishes!

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina | 22 comments I have a like/hate relationship with Glee. I like the musical numbers but the writing is terrible. It was actually nicely done in the first part of the first season but it has become a parody of itself. Flat, one dimensional characters, ripped from the headlines After School Special-esque episodes. I don't recommend it to anyone.

Hellcats, though, is a surprise. It has a very diverse cast and showcases three IR relationships. The writing isn't terrible. It actually has some wit and nuance. I like how hard-core Collegiate athletic politics flows underneath all the main plots. The school is under NCAA sanction for pay-for-play. The cheerleaders are always fighting for respect to be taken seriously as athletes, the Athletic director weilds a lot of power on campus because of the money athletics brings in and he's a huge jerk. etc. And the show does something many CW shows don't do, it uses it's ensemble very well. There are about 8 regular characters and they all get their share of material. Unlike, say, Glee or Vampire Diaries, it doesn't Mary Sue it's main characters at the expense of everyone else.

I also like the fact that HC is set in college. You don't have to roll your eyes that 16 year old 11th graders are acting with the sophistication of much older people.

Also, one slight correction, the Sharon Leal character isn't married. But I do have my money on her going for the Hot coach rather than her rather sweet boyfriend. There is some old business between her and the coach that seems pretty powerful.

message 6: by The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (last edited Dec 09, 2010 03:36AM) (new)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments Melissa, yay for you! I seriously thought I was the only person in the world who didn't drink from the "Glee we're so diverse" kool-aid. I heard the gay character gets a lot of face time though.

Oh and Angela Bassett will also be in the Green Lantern, which I think is pretty cool.

message 7: by Reading (new)

Reading Deva | 498 comments I don't watch any of these show, but to comment on the hellcat comment, about them making the husband a jerk.. I have stop watching a many of shows because of that.. everything is going good with the couple until they decide oh wait we want to add this other guy in the mix, but wait they will rip the girl a new one, what should we do..and then they make husband boyfriend whatever a jerk.. just to make sure its okay for the girl to cheat.. I guess no one ever heard the phrase, close one door before you open another..