SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > Counterfeit Magic

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacybinnj) | 55 comments Has anyone else preordered Counterfeit Magic (Women of the Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong ? I heard that there is limited run on the books... something like 5,000 copies? I pre-ordered it a while ago and hope that I don't get bumped off of Amazon's list.

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments Haven't pre-ordered that one, Stacy. I wouldn't think you'd get bumped. They (Amazon) should (fingers crossed) sell the book to all who pre-ordered. Be interested to hear what happens though, let us know.

message 3: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I've pre-ordered this from Amazon too but I've heard (from Kelley's website) Subterranean Press will fill their orders first before Amazon's so depending on whether they have any left to fill Amazon requests and when you pre-ordered you might not receive one. I have my fingers crossed! Good luck to you too, Stacy!

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacybinnj) | 55 comments Yeah I've got my fingers crossed too. I didn't realize that Amazon orders would be filled second. Hopefully I'll get one! If not, there's always the audio CD's I guess.

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments Amy or "Ames" wrote: "I've pre-ordered this from Amazon too but I've heard (from Kelley's website) Subterranean Press will fill their orders first before Amazon's so depending on whether they have any left to fill Amazo..."

WTH!? That's messed up. If people are going to buy it, why not sell it to them?? That kinda rubs me the wrong way. Like the book is TOOOOOO special for everyone (who wants it) to have. I doubt it. Hm. :\

message 6: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacybinnj) | 55 comments I got a note from Amazon telling me that shipment has been delayed. I guess they are waiting to see how many they will end up getting. Hopefully I get a copy! I'll be bummed if I don't.

message 7: by Literary Ames (last edited Dec 03, 2010 03:37PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Stacy wrote: "I got a note from Amazon telling me that shipment has been delayed."

I got one too. :(

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments Sorry, guys. Hope you eventually get it.

message 9: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments The release date is now set for 31st December so there's still hope.

message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacybinnj) | 55 comments YEAH!!!!! It came in the mail today!!!!! WOOHOO! Amy, I hope you get yours soon too!

message 11: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Congrats, Stacy! The snow here has stopped the mail from being delivered so hopefully I'll get it before 2011!

message 12: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments SNOW!! *jealous*

message 13: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin | 862 comments Yeah, I'm jealous too. The one Christmas I'm not visiting my family overseas they get to have a white December *pouts*

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments We'll be snowless together then. :)

message 15: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23917 comments Would you believe parts of Aus had snow yesterday. I kid you not!!

message 16: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Wow, isn't it Australia's summer now?

Yeah not only is the mail struggling, it's deliveries for shops as well! Lol, England just cannot cope with snow! Oh well, it looks pretty and feels like Christmas, so I'm enjoying it! :)

message 17: by Dalene (new)

Dalene Near the Rockies in the U.S. and we've had plenty of snow. Wish we could share.

message 18: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments Snow in AU too? That's not right? LOL! Mother Nature needs her hormone pills, someone fill her Rx soon before 2012. :)

My family in VA keep writing about their snow. Sure do miss those white Christmases. But, not the freezing temps or the people who think 4-wheel drive means their car will not wreck just like any other.

message 19: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin | 862 comments I've heard it, but unfortunately not in my part. That would have been something, lol! Then again, I could go on a little trip!

I quite like the cold, especially when you're inside with a hot chocolate ;)

message 20: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments Hot chocolate is a nice wintery bonus. I could sit by the AC and have one. LOL!

message 21: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin | 862 comments LOL, good idea! Otherwise we have to make an iced chocolate out of it :)

message 22: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Josie wrote: "Wow, isn't it Australia's summer now?

Yeah not only is the mail struggling, it's deliveries for shops as well! Lol, England just cannot cope with snow! Oh well, it looks pretty and feels like Ch..."

Another person from the UK. Yes! The solution to our problems is quite simple really. It's called ploughing and gritting. Unfortunately neither happened in my town so we got our own little section on the Met Office website for severe weather warnings of ice, ice and more ice!

Carrie *take my hand & lead me into the madness* (carrie-arkham) | 1 comments Steph wrote: "SNOW!! *jealous*"

I live in N. Ireland and everyones sick of seeing snow!... :/
Well, everyone except for me :P

message 24: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23917 comments Yep, its summer here and in Sydney its been 19C overnight and today will be 29C, but we had snow the other day down south - some antartic winds also kept the temps down.

Happy Winter Solstice yesterday, everyone up North of the Equator. Maybe things will improve now.

message 25: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I forgot about the Winter Solstice. Well, I had a good day. (It became 22nd Dec 35 mins ago so I'm off to bed.)

Happy Winter Solstice! Or what's left of it. :)

message 26: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments I can just picture ya now, Ames. All bundled up, jumpers so high she can't bend her arms or neck to look down. Like a little starfish. LOL! Hope the hot chocs are keepin' ya warm and hope your little mail elf shows up soon WITH shiny new Kindle in hand. Wouldn't hurt if they threw some books on there as an apology for their tardiness, yah? :)

message 27: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23917 comments ROFLMAO just picturing Ames like a starfish. hahahahaha

message 28: by Josie (last edited Dec 22, 2010 03:24AM) (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Amy or "Ames" wrote: "Another person from the UK. Yes! The solution to our problems is quite simple really. It's called ploughing and gritting. Unfortunately..."

Ha! Yeah, I had to travel from Leicester back home (Herts/Bucks area) for the Christmas holidays so that was pretty scary with no grit on the roads- not even on the main ones/motorways etc!
Anyway, at least it gives us an excuse to hole up and read to our hearts content since we're "trapped" ;)

message 29: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23917 comments Sounds to me like that new govt of yours isn't doing its job. Motorways should be done at least.

Any excuse to read is a good one Josie - enjoy being 'trapped'. LOL.

message 30: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29279 comments Stay safe, guys! Enjoy the 'forced' reading time. Poor things. ;)

message 31: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Kind of had to chuckle how 10cm of snow shut everything down in Heathrow. I heard that the army offered their help in clearing the snow and the head of Heathrow airport refused. Wonder if heads are going to roll on that decision?

message 32: by Literary Ames (last edited Jul 14, 2012 07:52PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Sandra wrote: "ROFLMAO just picturing Ames like a starfish. hahahahaha"

Hey! I'm warm, that's all that matters. *sticks out tongue*

@Josie - How long did it take you? You live nearish me then. I'm in MK. It snowed heavily for 2 hours this morning. They didn't forecast that!

@AH - I heard that too. Definitely some head rolling in order for that.

message 33: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments The blame probably lies more with the councils. It depends really where you are and how good your council is. I've heard that in certain counties, roads have been gritted and they are dealing with it well but then where I live, they haven't. Anyway, I will enjoy reading!
And sheesh, why on earth would Heathrow refuse help?? Silly. And I would put money on rolling heads...

message 34: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (last edited Dec 22, 2010 07:01AM) (new)

Sandra | 23917 comments Sounds like 'national interest' should of prevailed & the head of Heathrow should of been overruled. His head should roll for that one.

It was on the news tonight that several flights landed here from Heathrow today, so at least some of them are moving.

message 35: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Long-haul flights have priority for arrivals and departures. If you fly BA (British Airways) or are trying to get a short-haul flight you're screwed.

message 36: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments @Ames: Milton Keynes? You are quite close- I have family that live there! Well very close to there. I live in West Herts, about 10min drive from Hemel Hempstead. Prefer Bucks tbh, which I'm on the border to - better stocked libraries!!
I came home on Friday so the roads were not too bad, particularly to the North however it still took me 3 hours when it should've took at the most an hour and a half :( At least I got home though, many people got stuck up there and had to stay the weekend.

message 37: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments @Josie - I had trouble too. I got stranded at work on Saturday. My manager gave me a lift home. 10 minute journey took an hour. Scariest hour ever! She got chocolates of course. Thorntons chocolates ;)

message 38: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacybinnj) | 55 comments Snowing right now... this puts a major crimp into my hiking plans for the week.... not to mention my snowblower in on the fritz. I fixed the two flat tires today to find out that the dang thing won't start. Hopefully my neighbor takes pity on my in the morning!