Christopher Paolini (INHERITANCE CYCLE series) discussion

Welcome > Do you think they will ever make Eldest into a movie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 140 (140 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Stuart (new)

Stuart  collett (dragon560) | 8 comments ayyyy! whats happening people! i been having a weird thought lately. i was watching Eragon the other day, and thought that they did a okay job compared to the book. well I'm currently reading eldest right now, and i wanted to know if you guys thought it would be a good idea if they made Eldest into a movie?

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Not if it comes out like Eragon did.

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 53 comments No bloody way, it was painful enough watching eragon being ripped to shreds *shudders*

message 4: by David (new)

David jones | 21 comments I would watch if it came out only if it was just as good as the book. or as long as they stick as close to the book as possible i would watch it.

message 5: by Stuart (new)

Stuart  collett (dragon560) | 8 comments ya, thats the problem. would they be able to gain people trust, and get them to watch it?

message 6: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments hmm they already messed up by having eragon stay with the varden and sending arya away without him

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (fightingfirewithfire) | 68 comments If they ever make the Eldest movie, I think they're going to have to redo Eragon.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Yeah, I'd rather them do a reboot with Eragon before attempting Eldest.

message 9: by Stuart (new)

Stuart  collett (dragon560) | 8 comments thats true, but i kinda liked the actors they chose for the first movie. so if they could remake the movie with the same actors, i would be happy. what do you guys think?

message 10: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments some of them yeah, like brom, but a better part.

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 53 comments They need a new actor for Eragon.

message 12: by Josie (new)

Josie | 53 comments yeah but not for murtagh
cos let's be honest, he looked hot

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I'd rather them only keep Brom maybe Arya. But she'd have to act more standoffish.

message 14: by Stuart (new)

Stuart  collett (dragon560) | 8 comments didnt Arya have blonde hair in the movie? she doesn't in the book! also, ya, they did get a pretty good actor for Brom.

message 15: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments maybe they should keep murtagh, but more for the fact that he was kinda good at being murtagh than for any other reason :P

message 16: by Stuart (new)

Stuart  collett (dragon560) | 8 comments well, they have to keep them attractive, because we all know, thats the only reason why girls watch movies. lol jk

message 17: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments lol :P

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Lol, I wouldn't mind if they changed Murtagh's actor but I wouldn't be mad if they didn't either.

message 19: by Marx (new)

Marx Leo | 66 comments They would need a NEW cast. One in which CAN act.. AND one in which follows the description of the characters in the book. Just thinking about the movie Eragon makes me want to puke. *shudders*

message 20: by Stuart (new)

Stuart  collett (dragon560) | 8 comments well Saphira wasnt that bad. she was a lot like what i picture her in the.

message 21: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 287 comments I think that an Eldest movie would be alright but I agree with some people who said that they would need a new cast and a new director. Also, they'd have to follow the book a lot closer to keep the fans happy. After the backlash from the first movie (horrible btw) it would be a huge mistake to deviate so far from the book. I would probably watch it but I'd be even more critical than after the first movie because they should definitely have learned their lesson by now!

message 22: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (thebiracialbookdragon) If its done most likely they would remake Eragon. I dont see any of the same cast being in it if it is done. We don't know when it would be done. If they did, it could be years or decades. In which case some of the cast would likely be too old looking to play the parts. This month is four years since the Eragon came out.

message 23: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments what they need is budget budget budget.

message 24: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) | 38 comments Here is my theory: They could make a movie if they wished. At the end of Eragon, they show Galbatorix's dragon, so really they could make Eldest if they wished.

message 25: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 34 comments Honestly the screwed Eragon up so badly, I don't think they can make a Eldest movie without redoing Eragon.

message 26: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) | 38 comments Well maybe they can make it better.

message 27: by fuck yourself (new)

fuck yourself | 2 comments I think they redo Eragon to make it as much as they can to the book then try to make Eldest a rather good moive and what about Brisingr

message 28: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) | 38 comments Movies cost millions of dollars to make. I doubt they would remake it, at least for another decade.

message 29: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 34 comments Neptune (Briaq) wrote: "Movies cost millions of dollars to make. I doubt they would remake it, at least for another decade."

As long as they remake it right or at least descent I don't care how long it takes.

message 30: by Briaq (new)

Briaq  (briaq) | 38 comments I totally agree with you on that.

message 31: by Saphira1963 (new)

Saphira1963 | 3 comments I heard a rumor about it but if the same director does eldest like he did eragon It will be a major bomb.

message 32: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (thebiracialbookdragon) I dont think they will unless they remake Eragon

message 33: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments what's "in" today is making superhero movies like Marvel or DC comics.

SO having Eldest the movie is unlikely to happen.

message 34: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments what's "in" today is making superhero movies like Marvel or DC comics.

SO having Eldest the movie is unlikely to happen.

message 35: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments lol

message 36: by Emelie (new)

Emelie  (emli95) First of all; I'll strangle any producer behind the Eragon-movie BEFORE he gets a chance to do an Eldest-movie adaption.
Second; no, I don't think (and I don't hope) it's going to be a second movie. Why? Because the first movie sucked to badly, on so many levels, that the audience would kill if a sequel was made (without re-making the first movie, with new actors).
Third; So wrong, on so many levels - it would be WRONG, a SIN, to let the same producers and all that crappy people who did the Eragon-movie do another one in the series.

WRONGS with the Eragon-movie:
1. Eragon is not blond, neither does he look like a stupid english model. Ed Speelers <- Not Eragon at the least!
2. For your information, Arya has black hair and almost NEVER wears a dress (THE WHOLE DAMN MOVIE!).
3. Saphira does not look like a stupid chicken! Stupid movie...
4. WHERE'S THE DWARFS!?!?!!?
5. Since when does Saphira just fly away and comes back with a little Murtagh in her claws and drops him from twenty metres? Never. Murtagh MEETS Eragon and Saphira before Brom dies and THEN follows them to Gil'ead, and becomes a friend of Eragon.
6. You call that a scar from a sword on Murtaghs back? That's papercut, you idiots.
7. Arya is pretty much dead until they reach the Varden, she doesn't wake up and tell them to go THAT WAY and leads the way.
8. WHERE'S ORIK?!!?
9. Where's the badass fighing scene in the end? Where's the big shiny thing on the roof? Why isn't the shiny thing being smashed by badass Saphira and Arya?
10. AND WHAT THE HELL IS THAT STUPID CLOUD DURZA'S FLYING AROUND ON?!!?

GOODS with the Eragon-movie:
1. Brom is badass, even though he doesn't look the way he should.. I'm willing to look past that just because he's pretty awesome.

I think I made my point. It would be a crime to make Eldest into a movie... but heck, the books are awesome :D

message 37: by Zack (new)

Zack (Myrddin767) | 68 comments LMAO
i agree with most of ur points, tho u are missing a few good ones....
i dont think any director will be making either eragon or eldest anytime soon, judging from the reactions they're getting lol, they'd be too scared:P

message 38: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments two thumbs up Emily! I couldn't have said it better.

message 39: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments ROFL!!!! I'm dying over here!!! That was awesome Emelie!! Well said and great points Still cracking up with this one
"6. You call that a scar from a sword on Murtaghs back? That's papercut, you idiots."

hehehehehehe!!!!!

message 40: by Georgiana (new)

Georgiana | 3 comments If they did what they did to the first no they completely ruined it

message 41: by Marx (new)

Marx Leo | 66 comments You summed it all up!! That was awesome.

Another thing.. Did they even make Arya an elf in the movie? I don't recall that at all. But I only watched that movie once and I couldn't pay attention because it was so bad.. I kept leaving the room!

message 42: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 34 comments Marx wrote: "You summed it all up!! That was awesome.

Another thing.. Did they even make Arya an elf in the movie? I don't recall that at all. But I only watched that movie once and I couldn't pay attention b..."

She was but they didn't give her pointed ears supposedly because "Its been done before."

message 43: by Caitlin (last edited Apr 13, 2011 03:10PM) (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 34 comments Did I forget to mention I almost screamed when I read that the first time?

message 44: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 34 comments Ursula the Strigoi wrote: "ok why did you scream?"

My comment before the last one about why they didn't supposedly give her pointed ears, which is a completely stupid reason not to give her pointed ears.

message 45: by Auroralumi (new)

Auroralumi | 69 comments Wow they are morons! 0_0 b/c it's been done before?? LOL of all the movies to start a new trend they decide to do it with a book that clearly states how the elves should look…. talk about a dumb move lol. ^_^

message 46: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) "The film was the 10th worst reviewed film of 2006."

message 47: by Jose (new)

Jose (themultifariousbibliophile) They are never making a movie out of it. If the production people really wanted to they would have done it a looooong time ago...

message 48: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 287 comments I think the first one was such a flop with fans of the book that they don't want to risk a repeat of that horrible backlash.

Solution = GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!!
(just saying...)

message 49: by Marx (new)

Marx Leo | 66 comments Well.. I bet if someone hasn't read the books then the movie is probably not THAT bad. But for all of us who HAVE read them the movie is a complete disgrace to the books! I bet there isn't one person who has read the books that thinks they did a good job with the movie.

message 50: by britt ✨ (new)

britt ✨ (britteeebee) | 287 comments I agree with you Marx! I think that for fans of the books, the movie was HORRIBLE! And for people who hadn't read the books, I think it made some of them not want to read them at all (like one of my friends), which is a real shame because the movie did not do the book justice!

« previous 1 3