The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 30.1 - Sheila’s task: The B & W Task

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Nov 20, 2010 05:52AM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10992 comments 30.1 -- Sheila's Task -- The B & W Task
Sometimes things really are just Black and White! For this task you will need to read two books.

Book A. will have the word Black either in the title, subtitle, or the author’s name. Series names are NOT allowed. Adding letters to the word Black are fine. Example Blackwood, Blackest.

Book B. will have the word White either in the title, subtitle, or the author’s name. Series names are NOT allowed. Adding letters to the word white are fine. Example Whitehead, Whiter.

OPTIONAL: Watch a B & W movie of your choice and tell us what movie it was. I’m thinking I’ll pick It’s a Wonderful Life or the original Miracle on 34th St. at Christmastime. What will you pick?

message 2: by Sheila (last edited Nov 24, 2010 12:13PM) (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments Reserved for approved books

Joseph Smith: Praise to the Man by Susan Easton Black

message 3: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments Reserved for non approved books

message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10992 comments This thread is now open.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan Anderson (ms_anderson) | 1481 comments Does it need to be all one word (as in Holly Black) or can it be scrambled up (as in THE Anatomy of WIngs)?

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments The word black or white needs to be all together but letters can be added pre and post black or white, as long as the word itself remains intact. Sorry.

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan Anderson (ms_anderson) | 1481 comments Sheila wrote: "The word black or white needs to be all together but letters can be added pre and post black or white, as long as the word itself remains intact. Sorry."

It's okay! I actually have one book that could work for either part, so I just wanted to check before I went looking for the second book. Thanks! ^_^

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 696 comments The following book works for either choice if anyone's stuck (I haven't read it yet) - Black Girl/White Girl by Joyce Carol Oates.

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz I have a book at home by Susan Easton Black, but wasn't sure if it would count for this task - Joseph Smith: Praise to the Man. It is just over 100 pgs, but along with the history written, there is also photography included in the book. If it doesn't work, I'll find something else, but am trying to get books off my shelf at home first if possible :)

message 10: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot I picked out my two books easily enough...they are books 7 and 8 in a series. Now just need to fit in books 3 4 5 and 6!

message 11: by Petra (new)

Petra chucklesthescot wrote: "I picked out my two books easily enough...they are books 7 and 8 in a series. Now just need to fit in books 3 4 5 and 6!"

That made me chuckle.....and good luck!!!! That's a lot of books to fit in.

message 13: by Jessica-L- (new)

Jessica-L- | 26 comments will these work???

White Oleander

and

The Black Dahlia

message 14: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments absolutely Jessica. Great choices.

message 16: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments Thanks, enjoy. I tried to make this task as simple and straight forward as I could.

message 17: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1136 comments I just wanted to check A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer... It's not spelled quite right...

message 18: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2253 comments Sorry Sara it has to be spelled w h i t e all in a row

message 19: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1136 comments I figured