Chicks On Lit discussion

January Nominations Voting OPEN

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Okay ladies time for nominations for books to read in January.

PLEASE read and take note of the following...

1) IF you nominate a book and the book you nominate wins then YOU are leading the discussion. Please please please don't nominate a book then flake out on the discussion. If something comes up unexpectantly let me know so I can prepare to lead the discussion.

2) You may NOT nominate a book unless you are able to receive messages via goodreads. I like to send out a reminder to the discussion leader about a week or so ahead of time. If I can't message you, I cant remind you and you may be already to lead the discussion but forgot it was coming up. So please make sure that is available or friend me if your book wins so I can remind you.

3) Authors may NOT nominate their own books. We love the authors in our group but have been burned one too many times by overly aggressive authors and their relentless spam and self promotion.

4) The top two vote getters will be the two books for January.

Remember if the book you nominate doesn't win you can always nominate it again or you and those that voted for it might want to take it to the buddy reads section and read it as a buddy read.

message 2: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I'm going to nominate Room

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) I would like to nominate Unbroken.

message 8: by Viola (new)

Viola | 1014 comments Do we vote here or will there be another thread for voting?

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments There will be a poll for voting Viola. If you look up on the top right corner of this page there is a list; Group Home, Bookshelf, Discussions.....the last thing on this list is Polls. Tera will post an entry when she has the poll for January's book up.
Hope this helps!

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Phillips I would like to nominate the The Darkest Room: A Novel by Johan Theorin

message 11: by Laura K (new)

Laura K | 266 comments Not sure if this was a past group read. I nominate Push Not the River by James Conroyd Martin.

message 12: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 387 comments Julie wrote: "A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick"

I "second" this one! :)

message 13: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
closing noms today