Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > Products

Comments Showing 1-50 of 181 (181 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
Did you buy a product that you loved or hated? Tell your fellow TCers about it so we can all make informed purchasing decisions!

I'll start. With facial moisturizers! I've used three good ones lately, and three bad ones.

The good:

1. Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum. Sooooo soft. (Is it made from babies?) Expensive, at about $20/1.7 oz.
2. Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream. No reason why it can't be used during the day too.
3. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15. Not as soft as the two above. $17/4 oz.

The bad:

1. Clinique Moisture Surge. This is soft, and a pretty translucent pink, and feels good going on, but it exfoliates. If you try to put on makeup on top of it, your dead skin rolls off in clumps.
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture. Same exfoliating properties as the Clinique.
3. pHisoderm pH20 everyday moisturizer. Same exfoliating unpleasantness, plus it's extremely sticky.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Lapinsky | 9 comments Oh, that's some handy info, LG. Those super nice Olay products always look so tempting, but that's a lot for me to plunk down on some lotion I'm not sure about, you know?

Here's a girls only product that not a bunch of people know about that has changed my life in so many good ways. The Diva Cup! It's a menstrual cup, and I suggest every girl begin using one immediately!

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments >>The Diva Cup<<

I learn something new every day.

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Before "the change," our house always had a few "Instead" cups around. The little purple containers were unmistakable.

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments >>Never reuse Instead<<

So which would YOU use - The Diva Cup or Instead?

message 6: by Heather (last edited Nov 13, 2010 05:42PM) (new)

Heather Lapinsky | 9 comments Personally, with no offense implied, I think Insteads are awful. I tried them years ago and threw the whole box away after the first try. They are flimsy, you still have to purchase them monthly, and still produce garbage that needs to be disposed of.

Silicone or rubber menstrual cups are sturdy, last a really long time, and produce no garbage besides the initial packaging.

There's a fantastic LiveJournal group dedicated to answering every question ever asked about menstrual cups. If someone is interested- check that out! Or you can message me on yahoo messenger (unfitknit) if you'd like a more personal approach! :D

edit: I am in no way affiliated with any product, by the way! I just so happy with mine that I feel it's my duty to make more women as happy as I am when it comes to that time of the month. Also- don't feel bad if it seems gross to you. It's definitely a personal choice, and lots of women aren't comfortable with even the idea of it. I can't get my mom or daughter on board, myself.

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I LOVED my diva cup.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments The Olay Regenerist, as they say on the commercial, is ranked #1 in the world, beating all of the really expensive brands. I don't remember who did the testing, though. I think they say so on their commercials, but I'd heard this a couple of years before that. So twenty bucks doesn't seem like a lot to spend in that regard - I only use one bottle a year or so anyway. I've got one bottle of something else I can't seem to use up, but when I do I'll be buying the other.

As for other products, I just woke up so nothing's coming to mind. Oh, I, uh, do love my Whirly Pop!

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

It worked: Schultz Houseplant & Garden Insect Spray, kills on contact. "Made with a botanical insecticide from the chrysanthemum flower." I had a fungus gnat infestation in one houseplant. This can be caused by overwatering. Yes, I did overwater. The gnats lay their eggs near the roots of the plant and feed on organic matter in the soil. They walk around on the soil, and fly around the houseplant. First I tried natural solutions like covering the soil with a layer of potato slices and waiting a few days (this is supposed to draw the larvae to the potatoes). That didn't really work. So I did some googling and bought the insect spray. Sprayed the soil and the leaves. Yes, it does kill on contact. I also cut way back on watering. Within a week or two all the gnats had disappeared.

message 10: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments Liquid Band-Aids. There's nothing better for paper cuts or those splits you get at the tip of your finger.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I don't recommend Oogavé Watermelon Cream.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I love the Fusion face stuff that gets all warm on my face before I shave.

message 13: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments bought a george foreman grill and love it.

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) George!

message 15: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

3 lip glosses I like:

1. L'Oreal Colour Riche lip gloss.
2. Sally Hansen 18 Hour Lip Treatment.
3. Clinique Superbalm tinted lip treatment.

message 16: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Love Clinique Superbalm, I buy the clear though. I should try tinted.

I use Olay moisturizers- I used to use Clinique, but I find as I um- age, I needed something a bit heavier. My dermatologist told me that most commercial skin products contain the same ingredients and to go for the less expensive Olay. It works :) He also highly recommended Reversa products- a bit more expensive, but great if you don’t have sensitive skin.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'm in my 30's and have to use Pro-Activ (boo). So glad the stuff works though, because I like having smooth skin. Every single time I try to switch to another product, whether it's drugstore, department store, all-natural, etc. I start getting little rashes on my face. I'd love to be able to find something that worked as well that wasn't a bunch of chemicals, but so far, no luck.

I love Burt's Bees lip balm.

message 18: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Alert: anyone moving to Nevada: buy moisturizer by the large, economy size if you are over 30. maybe for your hair too.

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Stacia - Registered Cake Offender wrote: "I love Burt's Bees lip balm."

Me Too!

message 20: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm finding Kotex's new packaging kind of strange. Is this aimed at 14 year olds? Is it black with swirls because that makes people think of vampires?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Those suck. The whole brand sucks. Just like Clinique Exact Eyelights collection, it comes in a fancy looking box but only has shit inside.

message 22: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments I prefer either sweet almond oil or squalane.

message 23: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm tired of Pirate Booty.

I found another kind of cheese doodles at the health food store which I like better, but they don't stock them consistently.

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) [image error]

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

::grimaces::

message 26: by Phoenix (last edited Apr 09, 2011 08:52PM) (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Are any of you familar with laptop decals? I ran across a few today, thought I'd share.

Squirrel!
Photobucket

Nice touch
Photobucket

Creative creation
Photobucket

Snoopy!
Photobucket

ETA: The last one was skeeving me out everytime I looked at it so I found something way better. :)

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Uh...

message 28: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments ::shrugs::
I was combating boredom...you just never know what you're going to find while surfing Etsy.com.
Hopefully I'll be laying flooring tomorrow and won't have to time to surf the web aimlessly.

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

The first two are cute.

message 30: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments They are, I saw one with pandas on it too but I can't find it now. I was shocked by the last one. I like the third one too, even if it's nsfw.

message 31: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I like the first two.

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) Lobstergirl wrote: "3 lip glosses I like:

1. L'Oreal Colour Riche lip gloss.
2. Sally Hansen 18 Hour Lip Treatment.
3. Clinique Superbalm tinted lip treatment."

Burts Bees is good too

message 33: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) Origins Ginger Souffle Body cream is to die for.
Expensive but I try to make it last. Wonderful scent and not greasy at all

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) Another thing that is a godsend is Traumeel-a homeopathic gel with arnica-really soothes sore muscles

message 35: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Stephanie, if you use men's razors it helps a lot. I've been told there is no difference between men's razors and women's but my legs beg to differ. I like the Mach 3 razors, they're spendy but worth the price because they last a long time.
Also, I've found that Johnson's Melt Away Stress, Lavender and Chamomile lotion, takes away razor sting and helps reduce any bumps that might show up...plus it smell really good!

message 36: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments I like Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser. It gives you enough suds to feel like you're getting clean, but it doesn't strip the oil from your skin. Really good product.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Lobstergirl wrote: "I'm finding Kotex's new packaging kind of strange. Is this aimed at 14 year olds? Is it black with swirls because that makes people think of vampires?

"

I saw the pads on a commercial last night. There are designs on the pads.

Are we supposed to be showing them off to someone?!?!

message 38: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

That's probably just for your own visual enjoyment although why you'd want to be looking at designs on a maxipad, I'm not sure.

message 39: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Mystery solved, they're designed for the 8 to 12-year old market. Because 15% of American girls begin puberty by age 7!

In what the brand says is an industry first, the pads are designed specifically for 8- to 12-year-olds and are 18 percent shorter and narrower than other Kotex pads. Sold in glittery boxes decorated with hearts, stars and swirls (which are also printed on the pads themselves), the products would look at home on the set of "Hannah Montana"

message 40: by Sally, la reina (new)

stephanie clarisse wrote: "I like how the diva cup was mentioned earlier on in this thread. hilarious. I actually tried something similar to that but it was disposable. it didn't work at all. seriously. it exploded mult..."

I have a diva cup and love it. I also have used, I think they're called, Choice cups. Disposable. Kind of like a diaphragm but without the gross rinse out the blood and keep it till next month part.

message 41: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Jun 03, 2011 05:30PM) (new)

A tasty, naturally flavored, not too sweet, carbonated beverage: GUS (grown-up soda) Dry Meyer Lemon Soda.

message 42: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Mystery solved, they're designed for the 8 to 12-year old market. Because 15% of American girls begin puberty by age 7!

In what the brand says is an industry first, the pads are designed specific..."

Those were on sale not too long ago.. the packaging caught my eye, so I bought a box of the panty liners. TERRIBLE. They actually irritated my skin- they’re hard, not to mention they barely line anything. The fact that they’re marketed for 8-12 year olds explains a lot.

message 43: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Excellent Helena. You are fulfilling the mission of this thread: to help us make informed purchasing decisions.

message 44: by Sally, la reina (new)

Gawd. I blame milk.

message 45: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

For what?

message 46: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Early puberty, I think she means.

message 47: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes. That.

message 48: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) See? I was paying attention.

message 49: by Sally, la reina (new)

Kudos.

message 50: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Sally wrote: "Kudos."

Are you product-endorsing Kudos, the chocolate-covered granola bar?

« previous 1 3 4