This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I hate Steampunk (thanks for sorting me out Smetch!)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stina (last edited Nov 12, 2010 04:25PM) (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments What the fuck? I have spent months and months pretending like I understand this... what is the deal? I can't look at freaking etsy without being bombarded with tons and tons of "steampunk" images.

I know this question belongs on oldladies.com*, but will someone please explain?

Also, I might not hate it... or maybe I do. Right now I just hate not knowing what the hell it is.

* I'm thinking of developing a blog for other people who don't know the answer to questions like this and when you ask them you feel like a fucking senior citizen because you're so far out of touch with what's hip these days.

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments First of all I will read any blog you write and I'll sell that shit harder than hyperbole and a half.

Second steampunk is dorks dressing up in victorian clothes and pretending to invent steam-powered sex toys with spycams.
That's probably simplifying but its all you need to know.

message 3: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments So do I hate it? How come there are so many damned glittery goggles? Are the steam powered sex toys that dangerous?

message 4: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yes, we hate it. It's a fake genre. The glittery goggles are just for flash and the steam powered sex toys ARE dangerous. They are used to solve mysteries!

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I read one steampunk book just so I could get it all worked out.
Soulless
I'd send it to you, but I sent it to Seth and he never read it. Or he read it and I missed it because he doesn't post reviews anymore because of some ideals I don't understand.

message 6: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments I just googled steampunk sex toys to see if you were fucking with me. No. No you are not.

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Think of it as an alternate timeline...a Jules Verne-esque timeline, where electricity (and sometimes airplanes) were never invented and technology is heavily dependent on advancements in steam engines. Actually, just skip that last bit and focus on the Jules Verne.

message 8: by smetchie (last edited Nov 13, 2010 05:58AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments No, focus on what I said.

description

message 9: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Why we hate it. steampunk toilet.

description

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) smetchie wrote: "No, focus on what I said.

"

I thought you were arguing against steampunk.

message 11: by Juan (new)

Juan Espinoza | 1 comments Hello, dear friends, many people want to know the steampunk in a better way and therefore I want with the permission of all of you to show them my steampunk website where you can learn all about this wonderful genre.

This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Soulless (other topics)