Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Trying to find That One Perfect Group Avatar

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Nov 08, 2010 11:27AM) (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Recommendations are welcome.. Please search for THE PERFECT PHOTO For this great group of ours.. I wanna find a picture that defines us, as the quirky lil group we've become... Please post links underneath for photo ideas..

Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle K (anotherlookbook) | 44 comments I dont know if this would work or not but I imagined a book on fire because we read hot books. Not just hot as in sexy hot but hot as in awesome books. I found this graphic. I dont know if it is stealing though.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-LvpTItHa8E...

see if that works?

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments that's interesting

message 4: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

that is cool Michelle... I like it.

message 5: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Thanks for asking for input Shell. I just read your post and remembered a really cute avatar. Not sure where I saw it but it was a picture of a woman from the 40/50? era. Dressed very sexy with her long legs and garters showing and the caption was "reading is sexy"! I'll try and find it, just haven't had a chance to look for it. Maybe someone else here knows what pic I'm refering to... Maybe you could select a handful and just change it up from time to time depending on the mood of the conversation...?

message 6: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Ya, I most likely will end up doing that.. But changing the Avatar is really a pain, cause GR hasn't made that option very user friendly.. I can't seem to change them from the pictures saved to to group.. Maybe its just me? But I always have to delete the photo.. which removes it altogether, then upload a new photo from my computer.. I wish it was like FaceBook.. where you can just change profile pic....Very frustrating.

Love the image your description conjured up though, Lady Hawk... That one I would very much be interested in seeing.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Do you prefer something that features a couple? A hot man? A woman in period dress? Something with a reading theme or catchphrase? A picture of a woman reading a book?

[image error]

message 8: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Oohhh Stacia... I love them all....

message 9: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Aaargh.... I am trying to make the one with the lady reading work.. but its too small.. and I suck at photo shop....

message 10: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Well.. Thats the best I can do... Keep the suggeastions coming..

message 11: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments These are great pics! Stacia found the one I was talking about except it had that caption on it

message 12: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I figured that was the one Ladyhawk.. So I saved it to my computer and spent the better part of a very frustrating hour trying to add the perfect caption... and Voilla!! This is what I came up with...

http://photo.goodreads.com/groups/128...

I kinda like it.. I hate how GR makes the images so small though...

message 13: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Shell wrote: "I figured that was the one Ladyhawk.. So I saved it to my computer and spent the better part of a very frustrating hour trying to add the perfect caption... and Voilla!! This is what I came up with..."

OOps! Just posted a comment on the new avatar on a different thread! Your awesome! Thanks for all your efforts! I'm saving it!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Good job Shell. I really like it!

message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Thx...

message 16: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Stacia, wanted to say THANKS! earlier for finding and posting that pic but I got called away from the puter. DH is on vacation. OMG!

How did you find it so fast?? It would have taken me forever!

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle K (anotherlookbook) | 44 comments Love it. As you can see by my avatar, I agree with the line!

message 18: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Ya, its perfect.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I was just looking around to see what was out there, doing a bunch of random searches.

message 20: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Well you and LadyHawk have wicked taste..

message 21: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Awww! I'd say we're in very good company! ;o)