What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: bear chained to gypsy wagon [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mcdonald | 6 comments This book was probably from the 60's or 70's. A little bear (I think) is chained to the wheel of a gypsy wagon. The wagon rolls down a hill, pots are bouncing out, and the wheel hits a rock. The bear and his friend are freed.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 179 comments Little Bear Bongo by Sinclair Lewis??

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mcdonald | 6 comments Thanks for your response...but thats not it

message 4: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 14, 2011 02:14PM) (new)

Rebecca (liralin) | 196 comments This sounds so familiar, like one of my favorites growing up. I think you might be looking for The Knobby Boys to the Rescue by Wende & Harry Devlin.
The Knobby Boys to the Rescue by Wende Devlin

Here's a description pulled from a review in Amazon:

The Knobby boys love to play cards but one day, their card playing is interrupted by crying. They discover the crying is coming from a baby bear whose mother is nowhere to be found. So, the boys take it upon themselves to feed the baby, which is all they do day and night! Baby bears eat a bunch so the boys are desperate to find his mother. When they finally do, they discover that she was kidnapped by gypsies and trained to be in a circus. They devise a scheme to scare the gypsies, grab the key and free mother bear. When she is rejoined with her baby, they are all very happy, especially when she sings him to sleep in preparation for hibernation.

I believe I've got a copy of this at home, so if you'd like me to look it up for you, to provide any other info, or maybe a picture or 2 from the inside if it would help, just ask. :)

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mcdonald | 6 comments Yeah!

Thats the book. Thank you so much...I was worried it would never be solved. I'm going to check and see if there are any copies on amazon for purchase.

Have a great day :)
Lisa

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (liralin) | 196 comments Glad I could help! :)