Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Lord of the Fading Lands - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Oct 29, 2010 12:45PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments This thread is for the discussion of: Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson

**Please be aware**
This thread WILL contain spoilers. If you would like to make a comment or ask a question without reading spoilers you can visit the November BOM Roll Call Thread and post there instead.

Discussion to begin in November.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This series is such a great one. It's more traditional fantasy instead of UF.

It may take a few chapters to understand what's going on, but once you do, the book just flies. Book 2 is even better, and book 3 was a wow book for me. As of this month, the series is complete, which is a bonus.

message 3: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 130 comments I shouldn't like this book. There is not a vampire or werewolf anywhere in this story. It's a fairy tale in the literal as well as figurative sense of the word. It's really about fairies. The good people are REALLY good and the evil people are REALLY evil. I can pretty well see how this is going to end. BUT... it's the journey not the destination. The books reads fast and it doesn't matter if I know how it will end, the middle is so damn interesting. I'm liking this book.

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 130 comments I finished the book. It was a fast read and it was good. It's VERY obviously the first in a series. It was never planned to be anything but. The whole book is mostly set up for the story. There is no real resolution and the happily ever after part is real weak. Obviously because there is whole lot more of this story to come.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) Irene wrote: "I finished the book. It was a fast read and it was good. It's VERY obviously the first in a series. It was never planned to be anything but. The whole book is mostly set up for the story. There is ..."

Cheryl had originally wrote a 1,000 page book, and had to split it up. It's an amazing story all the way to the end.

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 130 comments Probably a good marketing plan breaking it up from a 1,000 page book. It sounds funny but I have no problem reading four or five books in a row but, I don't like chunky reads.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. I love this series! Great world building, appealing characters, fast paced suspenseful plotlines and even a little romance.

message 8: by Kira (new)

Kira (KiraRiyu) | 7 comments This book was really something different. I'm not sure if I've ever read another book on the market that reads like a high fantasy but is focused on a romance story. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the rest of the series. I'd also love to read other books in this 'high fantasy romance' genre, if anyone has any recommendations

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 253 comments I really liked it. I definitely wouldn't have picked it up on my own, but glad that I ended up reading it. I will probably continue reading the series because I want to find out more about Rain and Ellie. Plus, I'm kinda hoping for a HEA for Bel...

message 10: by Enjee (new)

Enjee | 56 comments I finished Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson this afternoon. I liked it, and I understand the series is five books long. I will start book 2, but I don't know if I can keep interest for five books. At least all 5 are out now, so if I do complete the series I don't have to wait.

message 11: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Okay, having a major brain fart here... plz remind me what HEA stands for....

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 253 comments Keri wrote: "Okay, having a major brain fart here... plz remind me what HEA stands for...."

Happily Ever After :)

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Sarah wrote: "I really liked it. I definitely wouldn't have picked it up on my own, but glad that I ended up reading it. I will probably continue reading the series because I want to find out more about Rain a..."

I heard Bel & Gaelen will each get their own spin off books, so they should be getting an HEA!

message 14: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments Sweet last day of the month and it finally shows up at the library. Success!
I am looking forward to this one all the comments make it sound good.

message 15: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments I finished it and I really liked it!