SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Para-Themed TV Shows & Movies > Movie: "I Am Number Four"

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments description

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464540/
Trailer @ Apple.com: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/dr...
Movie Page (with trailer): http://i-am-number-four.movie-trailer...
Based on: I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Rls Date: 18 Feb 2011
Tagline: “They will come for me… I am number four.” and "I am next."
Plot: “I am number Four” is about an extraordinary teen, John Smith. He is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. He moves from town to town changing his identity, and is always the new kid with no ties to his past. John encounters unexpected, life changing events, his first love, Agron with powerful abilities and connections to the others who share his incredible destiny.

Starring: Dianna Agron, Timothy Olyphant, Kevin Durand, Teresa Palmer, Alex Pettyfer, Jake Abel, Callan McAuliffe, Beau Mirchoff, Emily Wickersham, Patrick Sebes, Monica Ciszczon, Cody Johns, Karina Fernandez, Jeff Hochendoner, James Werley

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Oct 24, 2010 03:58PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments I've been thinking about reading this book and spotted a trailer last night for the upcoming movie.

Anyone read the book yet? I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore

The book was released 3 Aug 2010. The summary states:
"Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.
It's book #1 of "Lorien Legacies".

message 3: by Josie (last edited Oct 24, 2010 04:05PM) (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Oooh this sounds VERY exciting!! And the film looks real good as well. I always have a hard time deciding whether to read the book or watch the film first...

message 4: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Just looked at some of the reviews... um, it seems quite hit and miss.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

The film looks like it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!! I'm excited!

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments Welcome to the group, Stephie!

Yeah, I'm not sure how it'll be, but I'm sure I'll watch it. I can't pass up anything sci-fi (or horror), no matter how bad the reviews are. LOL! Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

message 7: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I saw this today and the movie is much better than the book. They changed and left out quite a bit and now it all makes sense! The fan girls can keep Alex Pettyfer! I drooled over Timothy Olyphant as Henri (loved him with the long and the short hair) and Six's slick red motorbike -Yum! The action was brilliant, I wish I could do all that. I won't be reading the second book but I will watch the movie.

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments Yay! Looking forward to watching it even more now. Thanks for the update, Ames. :)

message 9: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments I second everything Ames just said! (Apart from having read the book)
Number Six was awesome. I've decided she is now my new idol. She also highlighted how boring camera girl is.

message 10: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I agree -they're worlds apart. Six took huge risks, she was fiesty and kick ass. I envied her abilities and smart mouth (and her motorbike but I said that already). Camera girl just took pictures and looked sweet -borrrring!

message 11: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Took the boys (ages 11 and 14) to see the movie today. They loved it, especially the action sequences. I found that it was slow during the dialogue, but the action was fun. Henri was pleasant to look at too.

message 12: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments "pleasant" lol! A nice understatement there ;)
Yeah Number Six is like a UF heroine. And that motorbike - sweeeet! I want one!! And she's Australian!! (I just thought that was cool, I'm not even Aussie myself)

message 13: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Pleasant? Just pleasant? Blasphemy! He was HOT!

message 14: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Oh and I live very near to where Alex Pettyfer was born! So I'm pretty sure that means we're meant to be :)

message 15: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments LOL! I don't live far from Stevenage either but you can have him. Timothy is mine.

message 16: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Amy or "Ames" wrote: "Pleasant? Just pleasant? Blasphemy! He was HOT!"

I was being understated there, LOL. Couldn't drool too much because the hubs was with us.

message 17: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Amy or "Ames" wrote: "LOL! I don't live far from Stevenage either but you can have him. Timothy is mine."

Must admit, you have the better deal

And AH, just sneakily carry a napkin with you and mop up a bit on the sly or say you have a saliva problem. That ought to do it ;)

message 18: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Thanks for the advice, Josie. I'll remember to do that next time. :)

message 19: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments Always here to help give incredible advice ;)
Maybe I should have my own column?!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I Am Number Four (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Pittacus Lore (other topics)