Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Multiple Books from Series in one Audiobook

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 11 comments I've come across two instances so far, The Boxcar Children and Encyclopedia Brown, where presumably because the books are short, the audio book has 2 or more books in the series in a single audio edition.

I'm not quite sure how to handle this. They are not combined with any other editions of the book(s). I'd personally like to review each book on the recording, but the recording has a single ISBN number etc...

I just wanted to get some feed back on if there is way to combine the audiobook with their respective print editions in some way. what are my options? is this a scenario that goodreads cannot handle at this time?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44985 comments Mod
They can be added to the series list like any combination/omnibus edition (I can provide examples), but there is no way to link them directly to each of the individual books.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 11 comments I've not done that yet. can you point me to the directions?

message 4: by willaful (new)

willaful Go to one of the books in the series and it will (we hope) have a link to the series page. Once there, you can edit the series page with the "add books" button and add the omnibuses, giving them the number "books 1-3," or whatever it appropriate.

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful Here's an example of a series list with an omnibus in it: http://www.goodreads.com/series/50077...

message 7: by Elizabeth (last edited Oct 20, 2010 01:02PM) (new)

Elizabeth | 11 comments Ok, i added my "boxcar children collection" audiobook to the series page. i put the book number as "1-3" and placed is between books 3 and 4 in order. good? bad? anyone want to check my work?

a link would be nice wouldn't it.
The Boxcar Children Collection: The Boxcar Children, Surprise Island, The Yellow House Mystery

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I think the consensus was actually to put all omnibuses at the end, after regular numbered books.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 11 comments yeah, the draft for series sure does say that. i moved it to the end.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Looks good!