Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > Do you think reporters should be allowed to attend the Colbert/Stewart rallies?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Apparently NPR has banned employees from attending. The Post says theirs can watch from the sidelines.

What is a journalist's role? To observe and report? To obtain second hand reports?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-ja...

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yeah, I heard about this...it's a slippery slope, don't you think? Misha or anybody, is this common?

message 3: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) They pretty much had the same guidelines regarding the "Restoring Uppity White People Pride" rally that Glenn Beck pulled off a couple of months ago. I suppose the implication here is, observe, yes, attend, no, which doesn't make much sense to me.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments It seems to me that they don't trust their reporters to know the difference between attending as reporters and participating.
Or maybe they're afraid it'll be used as fuel for some future media-bias issue if Nina Totenberg is seen standing in the crowd?

message 5: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (bonfiggi) Whatever happened to the free press ?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I don't know, but I'd sure like to attend.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24359 comments Mod
I am utterly confused as to why reporters wouldn't be allowed to attend any kind of rally, Stewart/Colbert, Beck, or Hitler.