Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > The Event

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) I don't like this show at all. I been turning to it while the Monday Night Football is on commercials. I've seen it for the last three weeks and I am not impressed. A lot of folks I know have said they are not impressed either. I see all these articles claiming it has glowing ratings and supposedly it's supposed to be doing so good but I think it's fizzling. I know one thing that bothers me about it, Jason Ritter CANNOT ACT! LOL!

Anyone watching this? Do you like it? Maybe it's not my type of show. I just don't see what all the hype is about because the show isn't living up to it to me.

Best Wishes!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 2: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 36 comments I was really interested in it whe it first came on, I was expecting someting as riviting as LOST was during it's first episode and it wasn't. I agree, I don't like John Ritter either. For some reason the show has not been compelling for me. All I keep thinking is "I'm missing Hawaii 5-0 with super hot Scott Caan."

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6621 comments Mod
CeCe, you've meant Jason Ritter.

I've seen clips of the show. I can't catch it, because I don't get local channels. I wouldn't watch it anyway.

message 4: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 36 comments LOL, Arch. I did mean Jason Ritter. Can you tell I'm bad with names :/

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6621 comments Mod
It's all good CeCe. Sometimes, we make a mistake with names.

message 6: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 36 comments Thank you. Well, your not missing anything fantastic on the show... except maybe Blair Underwooed. :)

message 7: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) CeCe,

I keep up with the Nielson's rating site and the ratings have been going down each week. I think the hype is wearing off but my dad likes it. I really think folks only watched it to see if it really stood up to the hype but got impatient with it and I don't blame them. I don't get it. It's too slow moving for me and I think the plot is stupid. I asked my dad, if this show got picked up for a second season, how can they expect to keep going doing this the entire time? I mean they have to bring closure to one of these subplots because folks aren't gonna wanna keep watching something that just keeps going in circles. I wouldn't be surprised if it fizzles in the ratings by the holidays.

Best Wishes!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I mainly watch it to drool over Ian Anthony Dale. What a hottie!

message 9: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 36 comments Yeah, I think it is fizzling out. I realized last week that I had tuned in... but my TV was on mute for 75% of the show. I think it tried to feel the vaccum of Lost and failed. Lost was gripping from the first whereas The Event initially jumped around so much you didn't get drawn in because you were too busy trying to put the sequence of events in order.

Lady Danielle who is Ian Anthony Dale. I'm going to have to look him up.

message 10: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 36 comments OK, Yeah Ian Anthony Dale is a total hottie.

message 11: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 36 comments I know what you mean Melissa. I'm always wary to get caught up in a new show because it may get canceled at the end of the first season or sooner and leave me hanging.

Part of the problem is that the cable channels are coming up with such good edgy shows its hard for the networks to compete. There's True Blood, Dexter, Mad Men, The Closer and so many more good shows all competing for ratings.

message 12: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Danielle,

Which person is that? Is that Agent Lee or whatever his name is? Let me know so I can see who you're drooling over. LOL!

message 13: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Unlike CeCe I'm too lazy to Google him, LOL!

message 14: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Melissa, the thing is networks don't care to let shows grow now. They only care about ratings and if the show doesn't have ratings within a few weeks (a month if lucky) they are on the chopping block.

Another thing is times have changed and it's so much more competition these days for shows. Back in the 70's, 80's, 90's which had some of the best shows, I don't think any of those hit shows would have lasted today. Now there's too much competition because you got folks watching DVD's, cable television, video games, the internet... there is so much more folks do now that they didn't 30 years ago so they could watch those shows and the shows could grow. But now it's too much competition so if a show doesn't catch on quick, most likely it will be a bust because there's just so much things folks watch.

Like me for instance I'm a sports fan so I'm watching football and basketball mainly. If new shows are on at this time, they lose people like me who watch sports and there seem to be more sports fans than some of the people watching these shows.

Then for those who don't watch sports, doesn't mean they're gonna watch these new shows. It's a gamble and the competition is fierce to keep people watching television.

Look at soap operas. The perfect example of why they are dying is that for one, more women are working than ever before and the people at home aren't watching soaps. All of this have to do with times changing and networks are impatient because they feel like the shows won't grow anyway unless they start off with high ratings from the beginning and even that's not a promise.

Best Wishes!

message 15: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Also, the networks are very cheap and won't spend money to let a show grow.

message 16: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 36 comments I think Stacy-Deanne is right. I think the audience has also gotten impatient. If a show doesn't snag us then we're off to find something better.

Stacy-Deanne, here's an IMDB link to the guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1406333/ I suppose I could just say "Yes, he's Agent Lee" but I thought you'd like to see his picture. ;)

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Stacy-Deanne wrote: "Danielle,

Which person is that? Is that Agent Lee or whatever his name is? Let me know so I can see who you're drooling over. LOL!"

I don't know what his name is. But he's the main agent. The one who was chasing the plane on the first episode.

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I see Melissa hooked you up, Stacy-Deanne. :)