What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Different Twist
This topic is about A Different Twist
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. a girl named Samantha but goes by Sam. She masquerades as a boy to get a part in the play, that has a famous (in the book) director, the play is Oliver Twist [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terra (last edited Oct 05, 2010 12:37PM) (new)

Terra | 15 comments The book is about a girl named Samantha but goes by Sam. She masquerades as a boy to get a part in the play, that has a famous (in the book) director, the play is Oliver Twist. She cuts off her hair, is a red head. She rides a boy bike because her parents think it will last longer. Her parents own a flower shop called Aaahh Flowers, reason given in the book is so that it will appear first in the phone book. She reveals that shes not who she says she is at the dress rehearsal but is allowed to play the part because she managed to fool them all. Its a childrens book that I read over four years ago but is probably older. I remember all this but not the author or title. The book I believe was published by scholastic but am not positive. If you can help me find it I would really appreciate it.

Erin | 192 comments A Different Twist by Elizabeth Levy.

I had totally forgotten about it until I read your post....then I remembered seeing Allison Stewart in an Afterschool Special based on this book.

Hard to find any actual info about it though
http://mgfx.com/kidlit/kids/artlit/re...

message 3: by Terra (last edited Oct 05, 2010 03:20PM) (new)

Terra | 15 comments Thanks so much. I don't know where I go the name sam lol.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Terra wrote: "Thanks so much. I don't know where I go the name sam lol."

Terra, It looks as though you've moved the folder just fine. I shelved the book for you.

Thanks, Terra and Erin.

Erin | 192 comments It seems lots of books and tv shows in the 80's had tomboy girls with the name of Sam, so that makes sense that you would think of it!

And thanks for reminding me of this book, I had totally forgotten about it!

Rainbowheart | 21056 comments A Different Twist for the trackable link.