Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > Snookie is being published by SImon and Schuster

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori Let me first say that even tho I never watch any of these shows, I still can't escape the garbage of NJS, they make headline news almost every day. These people are such trash! Yet S&S is wasting what money they have on publishing a book supposedly written by Snookie of beehive hair. WTF. And there are people here on TC and other places who have written wonderful books that can't get published, or else by such a small house the books are practically unavailable - like Kirk Curnutt.

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Agreed Lori. I do have one of Kirk's books though.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Snookie's not smart...good looking...entertaining...nothing. I have no idea why she's a celebrity. Not that, um, cough cough, I've ever seen the show...

message 4: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Misha wrote: "This makes me want to start shopping for a concrete bunker in Montana, for surely the end of all things is nigh."

It'll do you no good Misha...Montana is too close to Yellowstone, when it finally blows Montana will just be a scorch mark on the globe.

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori An FYI, Snookie's tweets: http://jezebel.com/5652459/snookis-bo...

Some of the comments are amazing, they like her! And Jezebel is a pretty cool crowd.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24358 comments Mod
I feel the same way about Arnold Schwarzenegger's daughter's new book. Why exactly should anyone care what she has to say?

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (bonfiggi) Snookie may not set the best example for decorum, but I'm fine with her writing a book.

message 8: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Oct 01, 2010 02:24PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Lobstergirl wrote: "I feel the same way about Arnold Schwarzenegger's daughter's new book. Why exactly should anyone care what she has to say?"

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's bad enough that she's on a show that has to do with absolutely nothing (fighting and partying - I sadly know this because my husband finds ways to hesitate on this show while he's flipping channels, ugh), but that people care enough to want to get to know about the girl's past life now...it makes me just want to say, "huh, why?"

What is there about her that would inspire us to "delve deeper?" She's short and has crappy taste in men, hair and clothing. You can pay me now. I just gave you the summary.

message 9: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments How 'bout I pay you to never mention her again?

Hearing about her is wasting my brain cells.

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori Well, these trashy people are now representatives of our country. And they are raking in millions! All these bozos on reality shows, why do people follow them? Because as Phil says, they ARE a waste of brain cells. What a reflection on what/who gets fame and fortune in America.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24358 comments Mod
Well, they should invest their earnings wisely because very soon no one is going to give a rat's patoot about them and they will be old and washed-up...

I give this advice free of charge to anyone who is hot, young, dumb, or all of the above.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Phil wrote: "How 'bout I pay you to never mention her again?

Hearing about her is wasting my brain cells."

How much we talkin?

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Hyatt-James (sandyhyatt-james) Who is Snookie?

message 14: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Exactly, Sandy. Consider yourself lucky for not knowing who she is.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Sorry, one last mention.

Jersey Shore RPG

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:194...

If you ever played computer games in the 80's/early 90's you'll recognize the format...