Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > Where do you find your books?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm still learning the group and finally have time to post, but I was wondering where you find your Bodice Ripper books? Obviously they're going to be used. Do you go to used book stores, get them on Amazon used? Do they actually still have some of these out and have put them out as Ebooks now? I'm so excited to find some new books! I've been in a slump for awhile now because I'm just not loving the new historicals. There is just this lack of emotion and dark moments.

message 2: by Jennefer (new)

Jennefer (jenneferpracticex3) | 444 comments Mod
I get mine sometimes at the used bookstore, more often at library book sales, thrift stores, or garage sales where you can usually get them for pennies! I know some people buy them in bulk from ebay but I haven't tried that yet. There are some that are starting to become avalable in e-book. I have a kindle and get super excited when I find an old BR for my Kindle! It's the best of both worlds! I have a list going of Kindle titles here.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) I check out the lots on ebay...sometimes you know whats in them, other times you don't...that is how I got stormfire...I guess the person selling the lot didn't know the treasure that they had

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

ohh, good idea about ebay. didn't think about that. There's also a used bookstore somewhat nearby. I'll have to write them down and take my list in. Ebay would probably be cheaper than the bookstore though.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) sometimes, sometimes not...if they are specific books and known ones, they may be harder to find...I typically buy the lots that say like historical westerns and stuff like that...or pay a certain amount for a weight

message 6: by Karla (new)

Karla | 1668 comments Mod
I started out with little/no bodice rippers, and so the Ebay lots really bulked up my shelves to the point where now I look at the lots and I have too many books in the lots to want to bid on them. LOL

My other go-to places are 2 local UBSs, library book sales, Bookmooch and Paperbackswap. I'll buy a book from Amazon if it's under $1 and the swap sites don't have a copy.

message 7: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 120 comments I usually buy my books from Amazon or Barns & Noble but I have also used my local ubs and e-bay. Also check the book section at what ever store Im at like Target or the grocery store.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Most of mine are from thrift stores, library sales and PBS.

I have bought a few from amazon and if I'm ever near a UBS then I'll definitely check them out.

message 9: by Sans (new)

Sans I went to an amazing UBS in Santa Clara, CA a couple weeks ago. It's a smallish place, but over half the shop is old skool romances. Even those Harlequins from the 60's and 70's. (Karla! Chances are they might have The Feathered Shaft there.)

There's a search function on the website but trust me, not everything is in their online database. I submitted a request form online and someone emailed me within an hour that 6 of the books I wanted were in the shop.

http://www.tradeabook.com/

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) Does anyone have any good ideas to find BR's in the UK? It feels like every time I read a review and check out amazon the books are only available in the US and I don't particularly want to pay international shipping and I feel like I am missing out :)

message 11: by Karla (new)

Thriftbooks.com has $2.99/book shipping to the UK.

message 12: by Karla (new)

Sans, you suck for going to that UBS and I can't. :P

message 13: by Sans (new)

Sans Karla wrote: "Sans, you suck for going to that UBS and I can't. :P"

XD

Send me a list of what you're looking for and I can check for them next time I go.

message 14: by Sans (new)

Sans Mike wrote: "That looks awesome. Thank you! "

You're very welcome! I found several books that have been mentioned on this list when I was there. And my TBR shelf grew exponentially. XD

Donna (BLHmistress) (BLHmistress) | 4 comments Mostly on Amazon or when I'm out Walmart

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Solo Mia (other topics)