The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Just Joined

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sera (new)

Sera I just joined the group and wanted to say "hello" to you all. You are reading or have reads books in which I am interested. I'm looking forward to the group discussions and to getting to know you all better.

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 278 comments Welcome to the group, Sera! I can already tell that we will get along fabulously since it is perfectly clear that you are a dog person.

message 3: by Macy (new)

Macy | 155 comments Welcome!

message 4: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstyreadsandcreates) | 610 comments Welcome Sera!

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10108 comments Mod
Hey Sera, great to have you here. We have so many books to share with each other that our TBR piles are sky high.... its wonderful!

message 6: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 95 comments Hi Sera

message 7: by Tisha (new)

Tisha Welcome!

message 8: by Sera (new)

Sera Thank you for the welcome! I am a dog person, and I have enough room for my TBR pile to get a little bigger :)

message 9: by Mona (new)

Mona | 52 comments Glad you joined this group Sera! You are going to love it!

message 10: by Sera (new)

Sera Mona! What a pleasant surprise to see you here. And, you are right, I am going to love this group!

message 11: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hi Sera,welcome to the group.Very pretty pups on your avitar.

message 12: by Sera (new)

Sera Thank you, again, for everything! I'm very happy with the group, and I look forward to much more interaction with you all.

As a side note, my real name is Victoria so feel to call me that if you feel more comfortable. Sera is a name that I generally use on-line so that's fine, too. I usually get a combination of the two so either one is fine with me.

We lost the white dog in my avitar to lymphona about a year and a half ago. We miss him so much that I don't have the heart to show just our Lab. The white dog was Freido, and the Lab is Santino. The dogs were names after the two sons in the Godfather, which is our favorite movie :)

message 13: by Siobian (new)

Siobian Sera, we met in another thread but Hi and Welcome! Also, I am so sorry about Freido. The poor pup.

message 14: by Sera (new)

Sera Thanks, Siobian. It was heart-breaking...

On a brighter note, we seem to have common reading tastes so I am forward to reading your thoughts on the books that we read.

message 15: by Siobian (new)

Siobian Sera, I was just browsing your bookshelves and saw about 20 I've been meaning to read and just haven't yet. You have really good taste! By the way, I noticed you've read a few by Paulo Coelho-have you read The Devil and Miss Prym yet? I just finished it about a week ago and I enjoyed it. It was my first Coelho book and I'm going to have to try more!

message 16: by Sera (new)

Sera Thank you for the recommendations, Leppaluoto. I will definitely check them out. I'm looking forward to discussing those topics with you :)

Siobian, I love, love, love Coelho. I just bought The Witch of Portabello so that I can participate in the discussion threads in this club. I haven't read The Devil and Miss Prym yet either, but my understanding is that it is his most famous work. Didn't they make a movie about it? Also, did you know that Coelho is a member of goodreads? He's one of my friends, and we have had some exchanges about The Alchemist. He's fabulous!