Pamela Clare ~ Fan Group discussion

Other Authors & Series > If You Like...You Might Like...

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (last edited May 18, 2012 10:44AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1381 comments Mod
Fans of Pamela Clare's I-Team series...

I really like Cindy Gerard's Bodyguards and BOIS. In fact she USED to be my #1 RS author until a certain someone (**coughPamelaClarecough**) came along and totally blew away my idea of how boring a story about a newspaper reporter and a politician would be.

message 2: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new)

Beanbag Love | 298 comments Mod
If you like the I Team you'll probably really love Christy Reece. Pamela gave five stars to the first book in the the "Last Chance Rescue" series -- "Rescue Me". I think she's a really great new addition to the romantic suspense genre.

message 3: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments I seem to be enthusiastically agreeing with Beanbag today. YES YES YES on Christy Reece's books. She knows her stuff and writes storylines that tug at your heartstrings. If you haven't tried Christy's books, you're missing out on a really fantastic experience -- especially if you enjoy romantic suspense.

message 4: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

I have the first book in Christy's series' No Chance (Chance, #1) by Christy Reece Rescue Me (Last Chance Rescue, #1) by Christy Reece but haven't read them yet.

message 5: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new)

Beanbag Love | 298 comments Mod
AnneOK wrote: "I seem to be enthusiastically agreeing with Beanbag today. YES YES YES on Christy Reece's books. She knows her stuff and writes storylines that tug at your heartstrings. If you haven't tried Chr..."

^5

She was the first romantic suspense I read. The whole reason for my interest in the genre.

@UM: Hop to it! I think you'll really like her. Although she might make you cry. But you'll be okay. :)

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Thanks, Beanbag! When I finish The Serpent Prince I'm going to start Midnight Man. I borrowed them from a friend and don't want to find I still have them, sitting here waiting to be read a year from now. LOL

message 7: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments @UM - once again agreeing with Beanbag, "hop to it!"
You'll be glad you did.

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Thanks, Anne! LOL Guess I better!!!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 16 comments Now this is just my opinion... Don't read any of Pamela Clare's RS books then move on to another RS author because, and I say this with all the sincerity in the world, you will not think the other books are that good. Pamela's books are that GREAT! In truth I think you might be a little disappointed. I read Christy Reece's first series right after finishing Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2) by Pamela Clare . Not a good move. Pamela's books have a habit of staying with me for a while, so I have decided that I need to take an RS break after reading her. I am also going to re-read Reece's series. Maybe I will be more into it the second time. Everyone seems to love her.

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (last edited Nov 01, 2010 09:24AM) (new)

Steph, I agree 100%. I was a huge Brockmann fan, and she was my number 1 until I read Cindy Gerard. Then Brockmann slipped to #2, and CG was #1. Then I read Pamela Clare's I-Team books and now she holds the #1 spot for my favorite RS authors. Hell, she might even hold the top 3 spots. The books are so, so good!

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 16 comments Gerard is my go to for the hot military RS....she is wonerful!

I have all of the Brockmann books, I just need to get back to them.

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

I was reading SB back to back and so it became monotonous. Not the author's fault, mine. Although, there's one couple that keeps showing up that I could do with less of, but otherwise, I do enjoy her books.

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 817 comments Mod
I feel like such a minority. I'm not that fond of SB. I liked the Tall Dark and Dangerous series but the Troubleshooters haven't done anything for me. Too complex for me I think.

message 14: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

I enjoyed them in the beginning. In fact, she was my first RS read. The problem I had was the ongoing drama with Jules. Most of the characters wrapped up their HEA in one book, and Sam and Alyssa spanned a few books, but their story was really, really intense. I just didn't get into Jules ongoing drama with either Adam or Robin. I loved Jules as a character, but I wish his HEA had been more in keeping with the others of the series.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 16 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I feel like such a minority. I'm not that fond of SB. I liked the Tall Dark and Dangerous series but the Troubleshooters haven't done anything for me. Too complex for me I think."

What is the Tall Dark And Dangerous series like? I pick these books up everytime I go in to the book store. LOL

message 16: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Stephanie, they are more straight forward traditional type romances concentrating on the one storyline. Published under the Silhouette Intimates line, I believe. SB's troubleshooter series has too many plots and characters for my personal taste.

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 16 comments Thanks. I think I will check these out. I like SB, but yeah sometimes she is hard to follow...

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Couple of my fav's (besides the I-Team which I LOVE) are:

Julie Garwood "Buchanan Series" and Anne Stuart 's "Ice" series.

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

I loved JG's historicals, but haven't tried her contemps. I also haven't read AS's Ice series, which I keep meaning to do.

message 20: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Jul 18, 2012 09:40PM) (new)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ They are both really good Dhes. I think you will enjoy them, AS's are a bit more gritty.

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

I love Jaycee Clark's Deadly series. I think fans of Pamela Clare's I-Team might enjoy her.

Deadly Shadows (Deadly, #1) by Jaycee Clark Deadly Ties (Deadly #2) by Jaycee Clark Deadly Obsession (Deadly, #3) by Jaycee Clark Deadly Games (Deadly, #4) by Jaycee Clark Deadly Secrets (Deadly #5) by Jaycee Clark

message 22: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Ooh, sounds good, Pamela!

message 23: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Yep! They don't HAVE to be read in order except for the last two. But I think you'd benefit from getting to know the characters if you read them in order.

message 24: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Good to know!

message 25: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi (threequartersthedevil) | 13 comments Gonna give a shot to Jaycee Clark. I need something Pamela-ish and Cindy Gerard ain't working that well for me :(

message 26: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

I wasn't a fan of Cindy Gerard's first series, Bodyguard, but I did like the Black Ops series she wrote.

message 27: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Lhethal wrote: "Gonna give a shot to Jaycee Clark. I need something Pamela-ish and Cindy Gerard ain't working that well for me :("

Just to let you know, the books get better as you read them. My fave is #4. I loved them all but #4 was the best for me.

message 28: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I wasn't a fan of Cindy Gerard's first series, Bodyguard, but I did like the Black Ops series she wrote."

Yeah, BlackOps is the best. So freakin' good!

message 29: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Cynthia Eden is pretty good too.

Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) by Cynthia Eden Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2) by Cynthia Eden Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3) by Cynthia Eden

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I really enjoyed Cynthia Eden's Deadly series - great romance and intelligent suspense plots.