What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Troubled Waters
This topic is about Troubled Waters
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book about pet Goldfish surviving in the wild [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorena (new) - added it

Lorena (lsneal) | 12 comments I'm looking for a book I read as a kid about a goldfish who gets into the wild somehow (dumped in a pond maybe? Or accidentally dumped down a drain?) and has to learn how to survive. He has all kinds of adventures and is nearly killed several times (I remember vividly a scene with a pike lying in wait for him, hanging in the water below him), and he meets a female fish who is nearly eaten by a water bug at one point. I probably read this in the early-mid 1980s. Anyone else remember this book?

message 2: by Lorena (new) - added it

Lorena (lsneal) | 12 comments It's possible he was flushed...I feel like I remember he was flushed, but one other person I talked to who remembered the book (but not the title or author) thought he was dumped into a pond/creek.

message 3: by Lorena (new) - added it

Lorena (lsneal) | 12 comments Bumping this topic to add that I remember the cover of the book as being white, with a drawing of a goldfish swimming around a water plant.

message 4: by Lorena (new) - added it

Lorena (lsneal) | 12 comments Bumping again! I live in hope! :)

message 5: by Lorena (new) - added it

Lorena (lsneal) | 12 comments Time for another bump!

message 6: by Lorena (new) - added it

Lorena (lsneal) | 12 comments OH MY GOD I think I found this! I'm pretty sure it is "Troubled Waters" by Daniel Pratt Mannix. I have a copy on order and will confirm when I receive it!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Simone wrote: "OH MY GOD I think I found this! I'm pretty sure it is "Troubled Waters" by Daniel Pratt Mannix. I have a copy on order and will confirm when I receive it!"

Thanks, Simone. I hope that's it. Thanks in advance for returning to let us know.

message 8: by Lorena (new) - added it

Lorena (lsneal) | 12 comments It is indeed Troubled Waters! Can't wait to share it with my daughter.