Monthly Challenges discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Sep 19, 2010 07:49AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 17 comments Mod
Please introduce yourself. Let us know about you and why you wanted to join.

message 2: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 8 comments Hi-hi! I'm Zakiya, and, of course, I love to read! MY dream: TO become a successful tax lawyer and attend University of Alabama (GO CRIMSON TIDE!!). I joined because Meghan has a great idea, and because I love a good challenge! Happy Reading!

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) hi u guys thanks for the invite yet again Zakiya!

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 8 comments LOL! No problem :).

message 5: by Kate (last edited Sep 19, 2010 09:52AM) (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 2 comments Hey everyone I'm Kate. Hmmm, what should I say about me. It always seems to be the same stuff so I guess I'll just say I'm a mystery.

I can't wait for the monthly challanges!

message 6: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Hi guys, my name is Ayunda/Ayundabs. This group is very interesting because it has challenges :) and I hope we'll all have fun!

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 8 comments I'm hoping the same, Ayunda! Welcome to the group :D!

message 8: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Hey, Zakiya! I hope we all can :)

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess (Jessica81) | 2 comments Hey everyone! I'm Jess! I love reading, and I am excited to find a reading challenge group. One thing I have been trying to do for the past couple years is increase my number of books read by at least one each year. This year I'm looking at 28 books.....I'm almost there and time is running out!

message 10: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Nov 04, 2010 08:22AM) (new)

Welcome Jess! Hopefully you will meet your goal! I hope this group will help you focus on what to read next and encourage you to read more books.

message 11: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 8 comments Hello Jess!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

hey, I'm Marriah and I pretty much live to read. I spend a lot of free time in the library and bookstores, but never seem to have enough to read. I'm always looking to find fun ways of picking the books that I read and these monthly challengs definitely help. Plus it couldn't help to increase the number of books I read in a year. :)

message 13: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Hi Marriah! I am glad this will help you choose new books. I know I am always trying to increase the amount of books I read.

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 8 comments Hello Marriah!

message 15: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 1879 comments Mod
Hi! I'm Diana from Texas. I'm so glad I found this group. I love reading challenges!!!

message 16: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 8 comments Hello, Diana!! I love challenges of any kind really. Since it's a reading challenges, it's even better for me lol. :)

message 17: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Nice to meet you Diana! I think that everyone in this group loves a good challenge.

message 18: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Thanks for joining, Diana and Marriah and Jess!

message 19: by Amanda B. (new)

Amanda B. Hi Diana, welcome :)

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan | 2 comments Hi, I'm Susan - from San Antonio. Diana told me about this group, and I'm looking forward to it. She's introduced me to challenges, new authors, good times, and great food over the past 2 or so years!

message 21: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 8 comments Hello, Susan!!! It's great that you and Diana are so close! I remember when it was almost two years ago that my BFF introduced me to GoodReads :)

message 22: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Hi Susan! Nice to meet you! It is great to see people interested in some challenges just like a lot of us are. I always like some great food and some good times. Even a drink here and there every once in a while is nice.

message 23: by Book Concierge (last edited May 08, 2012 08:37AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 632 comments Hello - I'm Tessa. Diana S invited me to join. We met on Shelfari.com and have even met in person! I live in Wisconsin now, but am from San Antonio and I met Diana when I was home visiting family.

I am a voracious reader. I read a wide variety of books, but favor literary fiction (I like something I can sink my teeth into).

Happy to join the challenge!

message 24: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Nice to meet you Tessa! Hope you enjoy the challenge!

message 25: by Tyler (new)

Tyler (tyleralysea) Hi I'm Tyler :) Diana S invited me too :) We bonded over Cinco de Mayo and San Antonio.

I'm super excited about joining another group especially one with challenges, I'm mildly competitive, but only with myself. I love to read and tend to ignore my husband sometimes when I'm really enthralled with a book (sorry honey). I was almost an English minor in college but decided to just stick to History and graduate early. I love big complex books that are impossible to understand, but right now am enjoying lots of light mysteries. (I also read a lot of Sci-Fi-y stuff cause it makes my nerdy husband happy)

So excited to join :)

message 26: by Diana S (last edited May 08, 2012 03:43PM) (new)

Hi Tessa and Tyler,

I'm so glad that you two decided to join the fun! :D

To Books,
Diana

message 27: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Hello Tyler! Nice to see some friendly new faces.

message 28: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Bretheim (shellybre) Hey, my name is Shelly and I am so excited to join this group. I belong to a few other groups on GR and have realized I love the challenges. Not to familiar with the point system you use but very eager to learn. Looking forward to June so I can join in.

message 29: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Nice to see you Shelly! I also loved all the challenges. I usually post the new tasks on the first of the month unless of course I get really busy with work. However I am taking vacation that week so it will be nice to take a break from it all.

message 30: by Diana S (last edited May 19, 2012 09:16PM) (new)

Hi Shelly,

Good to see you here!

Meghan,

I'm glad to hear that you are taking some time off! Have a Fun Vacation!!! :D

message 31: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 780 comments My name is Linda. I heard about this group from Book Concierge (Tessa) on shelfari. It looks like fun and I guess I need to get started right away before I get too far behind.

message 32: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Don't ever feel behind in this group. We are just here to have fun. I am so glad we are slowly getting more members!

message 33: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kristinekae) Hello everyone. I am Kristine and I am a book addict. I love challenges because I sometimes get in a "what to read next" slump and challenges help with that. My only problem with challenges is I find myself spending too much money on books, so I may skip months here and there :)

message 34: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 632 comments Hi, Kristine and Linda C. Have fun!

Oh, Kristine .... I get virtually all the books I read from the library for free.

message 35: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kristinekae) Book Concierge wrote: "Hi, Kristine and Linda C. Have fun!

Oh, Kristine .... I get virtually all the books I read from the library for free."

I would use the library more if I had the transportation. I do download books onto my ereader from the library site, when I have a working computer...lol....I also shop the thrift store a lot. I just sometimes get carried away on challenges and my easy to buy books ereader...lol.

message 36: by Diana S (last edited Aug 05, 2012 12:58AM) (new)

Hi Linda and Kristine! :) Welcome to the group!

Happy Reading!

message 37: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Hi Kristine! I used to have the same problem. I have so many books now that I always find something to fit a challenge . I just usually focus on a couple at a time. Then I try to multi fit books

message 38: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean Hi. Im Joanne. I absolutely love to read. I've been reading since I was a little kid and I'm a huge bookworm. I love reading challenges and have joined almost every reading challenge group I could find on goodreads. I'm excited to have found this group and I can't wait to participate :D

message 39: by Diana S (new)

Hi Joanne,
Welcome to the group!
Looking forward to seeing the books you choose for each task. :D

message 40: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Welcome to the group Joanne. We are just a small little competitive group and love to see new people.

message 41: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 780 comments Welcome aboard. This is a fun little group.

message 42: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 06, 2013 03:48PM) (new)

Elizabeth Stultz (wicketwillowbean) | 1 comments My name is Elizabeth and I'm 24 years old. I live in Kentucky (Louisville, to be precise). I have a BA in psychology and did two minors in English with a concentration in literature and Medieval Studies. I studied French for 5 years and have experience with Japanese, German, and Latin. One of my dreams is to translate Medieval Latin and French manuscripts. The other is to eventually become an archaeologist.

Currently, I work with toddlers as a teacher in a daycare. It's not exactly my dream job, or the best use of my degree, but it works for now. I am going back to school in August to work towards a degree in education so that I can become a third grade teacher. I also plan on doing another major in either microbiology or anthropology. I do enjoy some aspects of my job such as being able to teach my children and the joy that I receive when they finally catch on to what I've taught them. I also enjoy the smiles, hugs, and kisses that I get from my kids when I come to work in the mornings.

I am an avid reader and have been since I was a child. I generally read anything except westerns, romance, and inspirational/Christian books. I quite enjoy horror, fantasy, historical fiction, and mysteries. I have also gotten into the Quirk classics recently. Right now, I am reading Android Karenina. Classic literature is another favorite of mine with Edgar Allan Poe, Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, HP Lovecraft, Victor Hugo, and Gaston LeRoux being among my favorites.

I look forward to making new friends.

-Elizabeth

message 43: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Welcome to the group Elizabeth! We are always excited to see new people. Jump right on in with the January challenge and make sure you read the Rules.

message 44: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 780 comments Welcome aboard! I have a nephew living in Louisville, and have visited your fair city. There was a great little restaurant there with quirky decorations indoors and out, that we enjoyed. I can't remember the name, but hope it is still around when we get back there.

message 45: by Diana S (new)

Welcome Elizabeth! :D

message 46: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 341 comments Hello! I'm Bethany. I currently live in Charlotte, NC, but am moving to Portland soon. I am a book addict, but sometimes have trouble picking what to read next, so I think this group and I will help me dust off some of my "to read"s.

message 47: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 780 comments welcome, Bethany

message 48: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 632 comments Hi, Bethany - we're a fun group with some VERY creative challenges! Happy reading ...

message 49: by ★Meghan★ (new)

Welcome to the group Bethany! We are all here to dust off those TBR shelves in our own challenging and creative way.

message 50: by Diana S (new)

Hi Bethany, I think we all suffer with the same addiction. Happy Reading!

« previous 1 3