The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > What should I read next?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martiedawn (new)

Martiedawn | 4 comments I have two books that I am trying to decide between:
Room by Emily Donoghue which was shortlisted for the Booker. The last couple of Booker award winners I tried I couldn't manage to get through, but this one looked interesting. and
I'd know you anywhere by Laura Lippman which I read a review of on Amazon's omnivoracious blog. The last two favorable book reviews from this blog (the passage and so cold the water) I either found mediocre (passage) or outright hated (so cold...). See my problem? I already bought them, but I really need either to be good or i am gonna go insane (i am reading a big boring school book as well).
On a side note does anyone know of some actual good book blogs that won't lead me astray again?

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
J. I think she was asking about the two books she listed, though that was a valiant try to subtly get your novel in there :)

MartieDawn, you MUST read ROOM. Amazing. Creative. Heartwrenching. I can't push this book enough!!!

message 3: by Martiedawn (new)

Martiedawn | 4 comments Thanks lori! I think I will read Room. I actually started I'd know you anywhere, but the writing style is a little off-putting so I'll read it after Room.

message 4: by Steph (new)

Steph (somethingplace) | 79 comments How are you enjoying Room? I'm nearly finished with it and i've found it very enjoyable. In the first few pages I was worried but once you get used to the narrator being a five year old I think it actually gives a refreshing perspective to the whole story.

message 5: by Martiedawn (new)

Martiedawn | 4 comments I haven't had a whole lot of time to devote to it. Good to know that it gets better. the first pages worried me as well.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 112 comments going to work on Die for Youafter I finish King of the Murgos