Kenyons Minions discussion

Archive Dark-Hunter Discussions > Simi is getting her own book!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) As a few of my fellow fan friends on here know, I recently got back from attending the Indianapolis No Mercy book signing on the eleventh. One of the little great things that happened there was the following.

Simi is apparently to have her own book!

During the question and answer session, one of the fans asked, "will Simi and Selene ever have their own book?" Sherri kind of laughed and joked, "Oh, God, not together, that'd be gross!" And, after the room erupted with laughter and then quieted, Sherri said. "I don't know about Selene, but Simi will have her own book."

So! From the author's mouth, apparently Simi will, one day, have her own book. I'm not sure if it will be a romance telling and that she'll have a hero. Or, if instead, it will be something like a "Simi Book of Manners," which Sherri once joked during a signing that such would be a fun publishing project.

Unless it changes, I can at least verify that I, for the first time, heard Sherri say Simi would have her very own book :).

message 2: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Simi getting her own book...how fun...

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Indeed! I'm very curious about the whole thing, and I'm so eager to hear more updates about it. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for that. *Crosses fingers*

message 4: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments And I know that you'll share...Thanks Acheron's Akra...god I like that!!!

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) *Grins!* But of course :). Sharing lets me geek-out about all things Sherrilyn Kenyon...and geeking-out is indeed so much fun, hehe.

Aw! You like...my name, or my sharing Simi's apparent future story? :)

message 6: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I love your name...and of course I'm definitely interested in any all news about Dark Hunters, Simi and creature in that world.

message 7: by Caramelle (new)

Caramelle | 5 comments LOL!
I wonder who her mate/lover will be..
is it Nim? (that's the little demon's name right?!?)
...i'm one of those who's hoping for Nick...:(

message 8: by Lbarra (new)

Lbarra | 5 comments Oh yay, this is good news. Love that Simi.

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Aw! Thank you, Cindyg :). I'm so glad you like the name - you're the first person to say so.

I know what you mean about being enthralled with learning all new tid bits about the DH world. I think it's why I so obsessively check Sherri's twitter/myspace updates and her site. I'm terrified of "missing out" on an update, LOL.

message 10: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) I'm with you, Caramelle, in thinking Simi's match could be Nim. I really hope so, at least. I think they'd be perfect for each other. - And yes, you did get the name right :).

Ooh. Wow. I guess I never really thought about Simi and Nick being an actual couple. That never dawned on me, truly. Though, I don't think that would work, because I think Nick would always look at Simi as being the catalyst for the death of his mom, and everything else that happened. Not necessarily it being her fault, per se, but that she embodies those actions...if that makes sense.

But! Sherri loves throwing curve balls at us, so who knows! Maybe they will end up as a couple, anything can happen :).

message 11: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Indeed, Lenvia! I was so excited to hear that passing information tidbit. Again, I'm not exactly sure if her book will be a love story with a hero, or just a story.

message 12: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments But happens to Acheron and Simi if she finds her HEA...will she leave him?

message 13: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I hope she doesn't leave him, he would be heart broken. But I don't think she would ever really leave him!

message 14: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Good question, Cindyg! One that, among others, makes me think that Simi's book might not necessarily be a love-interest story. I don't even know if it would be possible for Simi to even leave Acheron. She's said frequently enough that, if she goes too long without "resting" on Acheron, then she gets to feeling sick. And, vice versa, if she's left on his body for too long, the same happens.

And then, there's the whole point that Simi has still yet to fully mature and/or develop mentally. Her child like behavior results from her slow aging process (one year for every thousand, if I remember correctly.) So, how can a serious love story be told about a character who isn't developed fully yet be given?

I guess if it's with another demon, like Nim, then maybe such would be possible. If that's the case, and Simi won't be fully developed in the story, then I'd be willing to bet that such won't be told in a full length novel, but rather a short story.

For, while I absolutely LOVE Simi, I have a hard time seeing how Sherri would be able to pull off an entire novel with Simi as being one of the main characters. Her mannerisms and characterization are so cute, but would such get too hard to read over the span of an entire book? Would it become annoying rather than adorable? Who knows.

But, if anyone can pull it off, Sherri is no doubt the person to do it! However the book will play out, no doubt it'll be great nonetheless :).

message 15: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) I hope you're right, Steph! I'd hate to see Acheron being Simi-less, LOL.

message 16: by Roberta (new)

Roberta Bennett-Mabrey Simi is one of my two favorite characters from the Dark Hunters, the other being Acheron of course, so her own book would be quite interesting I'm sure! I do question it being her love story seeing as at this point she's more interested in barbequing random creatures and enjoying them with barbeque sauce or shopping for sparklies on QVC than she is getting all hot and sweaty with someone else! LOL!!

message 17: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Maybe they'd be like middle school sweethearts so they wouldn't leave home but date...just thinking out loud...guess time will tell.

message 18: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Hey, Cindyg, that's actually a good point! If it's done as a short story or novella, as apposed to a full length novel, then I could see her story being told as a sweetheart story. Even more, it makes you wonder if Sherri might even go so far as to write the novel under the YA classification.

Such would make since, for like Roberta said, Simi is more concerned about BBQ and Dimonique than sex.

message 19: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) So true, Roberta!

message 20: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments This is great news! I love Simi and I hope it's with Nim...

I'm going to move this to the Dark Hunter discussion thread.

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy ~Acheron's Akra~ wrote: "As a few of my fellow fan friends on here know, I recently got back from attending the Indianapolis No Mercy book signing on the eleventh. One of the little great things that happened there was the..."
Oh she is so deserving of her own book. That book will have me peeing my pants she is hysterical.

message 22: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Amen to that, Sharon. She definite is hilarious! Simi is one of my favorite characters, I swear! LOL

Frankly, I don't get fans who say that they don't like Simi or think she's annoying. No offense, but how the crap that is I'll never know! :)

message 23: by valee (new)

valee I love Simi so much! And it would definitely be worth it to see how Simi founds Sex better than BBQ at least with one guy,LOL.

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy How exciting my own book!!!!! Love the Simi. This will be a really funny book - total crack up I think.

message 25: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I think it would be great as well for Simi to have a book rather a romance story or not. Simi is such a hoot and no doubt going to have one of the most precious stories of all I think. I just hope in her book she finally meets up with her brother and learns more about what it means to be a true Charonte Demon. I mean I think its cute how she is now. But I want to see more of what the Charontes are about as I feel there is so much more to learn about them.

Oh and if Simi does get a love interest I definitely would like to see it be Nim or maybe that one male demon that was working with Nick's father from the first CON book. Caleb I think his name was. Which it would be really interesting to see him re-appear though in the regular DH series since Nick is re-arranging so many things with his past. Be great to unearth him in the present. He was kind of a hoot I thought.

message 26: by AlbertaJenn (last edited Dec 02, 2010 12:11AM) (new)

AlbertaJenn I seem to recall a post I saw on the old DH website that Sherri said that it would be Nim. Now that they changed the website, a lot of the old tidbits that used to be there are gone.

message 27: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments AlbertaJenn wrote: "I seem to recall a post I saw on the old DH website that Sherri said that it would be Nim. Now that they changed the website, a lot of the old tidbits that used to be there are gone."

I know I hate how all the old tid bits went away too. As I recalled that is when she explained about the books covering 4 arcs in the FAQ section. Also when there were those model type of people used to portray the characters. Very sexy individuals they were too, lol. And it would be interesting to see if they were to hook up. As he is still more or less scared crapless of Charontes.

message 28: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 25 comments I miss the old site too. It was so much easier to find out about who was going to end up with whom and which books she planned on writing in the future.

message 29: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea, I miss the hints about the up coming books too. I mean that was what really got me excited for reading the next book.

message 30: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 58 comments I already feel sorry for Simi's partner lol she would be alot to handle! maybe too much for Nim? she might need more of an Alpha influence!

message 31: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Naw, not even an alpha would really appeal to Simi I don't believe. As that might be the type for Xirena. But I think someone like Caleb from the CON series might be a good match. As he wasn't really alpha like, but as comical as she is at times. And he also knows how to fight well enough for her to not think of him as a wimpy demon. They'll have to work on her QVC habit though, lol.

message 32: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 58 comments I dunno. I think she needs someone that can tell her "no... dont eat that!" and that she would listen to like she does with Ash. I dont think Nim would tell her "no" but then again.. we really havent gotten to know nim very much. Simi is an alpha herself really...

message 33: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments And I think Caleb is someone that would tell her no. He was also a pretty good demon leader at one time it was mentioned. So he might have some strategies up his sleeve that could work on Simi. But for Simi to actually listen to a no, she has to care about the person or thing to begin with. And although she may like Nim, your right she won't really listen to him. As I actually think she might be older than he is and see it as her job to teach HIM how to behave. And do to his own fear he will likely listen. But yea, we don't know him that well so who knows what the combo of slug and charonte will do for him later on in the story.

message 34: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 25 comments Interesting. I had not thought as to whom would be a good match for her until now, but i have to agree that she needs somebody like Ash. He knows when to let her have her way and when to hold her back from her impulses. Perhaps somebody with enough money to let her keep buying all her pretty things.LOL

message 35: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Hmm, I don't think someone like Ash. Not to say he is doing a bad job raising her. But as we seen in Sins of the Night, that at times he gives into her too just so she doesn't whine or doesn't eat someone. Which I don't think that would be a good thing for her to take into a relationship with someone she will no doubt be with for the rest of her written life. Cause I'm pretty sure there aren't very many demons out there that have Ash's means of financial support. So she will have to rely on other things to get through a real relationship.

Besides that, as it is Simi. I'm pretty sure that Ash will get on any other demon's case about looking after her in all ways than just the financial. Most especially as she is his first baby.

message 36: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 25 comments Well she is still a baby, if i recall correctly, in demon years. So we still have not seen a more "adult" side to her. Perhaps with a couple of years, a few things will change.

message 37: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Teenager of sorts actually. And about the only adult moment I think Simi has had thus far is having sex with Nick. But to her understanding as of yet, shopping is sooo much better than the small amount of pleasure from sex is, lol. So yea, a couple more years might show something different. But still good for her to learn all the same that materialism isn't good for a relationship regardless of who her guy might be.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) | 26 comments holy cow...I cant wait!!!!!!1

message 39: by Adam (new)

Adam | 34 comments oh i been waiting to here this now to hear artemis is dead

message 40: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I think it would have to be one giant loop hole to bump off both Artemis and Apollo. As to kill either of them would bring about Armeggedon.

message 41: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 25 comments Yeah, that cannot happen.

message 42: by Adam (new)

Adam | 34 comments what if artemis died and katra transfered powers over to sin since he was a god of the same type and as for apollo well replace his ass while kats at it and as for zeus let ash walk out of the temple of artemis up to his main hall and say "yo fuckers i ain't no dark hunter asshole i'm a god and comparded to me your not worth shitting on got me so accept the changes or i replace or your ass's" and then have savitar come in "anyone disagree?" and then simi walks in with artemis's leg in her hand covered in bbq sauce and her mouth covered in bbq sauce shallowing it in one hit and saying "i told you she good eats arki, should have let the simi eat the bitch goddess long time ago" then she looks at the other gods "more eats arki?" holding her sauce bottle up

what u think of that for a revolution

message 43: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments HAHA!!! Oh man that would be something else for sure. And in theory would be a hoot to have happen for sure. But you are forgetting Ash's favorite motto. "Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should." And also can't forget how Savitar doesn't like people messing with the order of things. So even though he may have Ash's back at times. If Kat started taking powers and getting rid of Gods. I think Savitar would still do his job and have to take Kat down and any other parties involved in re-arranging the panthenon. Probably be a time for all of the Chthnonians to come together and take care of things. Not only that, but now that everyone is respectively happy with their own spouse and family. I don't think any one really wants to give the Greek Gods more of their attention or time than necessary. But it be one hell of a revolution for sure, lol.

message 44: by valee (new)

valee For some reason I don't want Artemis dead,LOL. I just think she is a huge part of the series and I have a great time reading about her. I just wish she could get her own book, I wonder if it's even possible to her to redeem after all she has done...

message 45: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Redeemption that is definitely the question Lady Vale. And naw, can't really kill off Artie so easily any way. She all part of the great universal balance of things. If she get offed then world be ending. Can't have that.

message 46: by valee (new)

valee Exactly,LOL. And Vale it's just fine girl.

message 47: by Myranda (new)

Myranda | 24 comments Simi is so hilarious. I would love to see how Simi acts in her own book. How exciting!

message 48: by Christina (new)

Christina | 2 comments BBQ & Hot Sauce for everyone!

message 49: by Anna (new)

Anna | 18 comments Rebecca (Bec) wrote: "I already feel sorry for Simi's partner lol she would be alot to handle! maybe too much for Nim? she might need more of an Alpha influence!"

I have a quick question. Nim's name is familar, but which book is he in? I don't remember reading much about him.

message 50: by Myranda (new)

Myranda | 24 comments Everyone is talking about how she needs someone that she will listen to like Ash.. Ash might as well be her father. He has raised her. By the time Simi's book is out, she will be more of an adult. It is like Tory. She was pretty much a teenager when we first met her in Geary's story. Simi will be the same fun character, but whoever she gets with will be her equal. He won't have to be her guardian. She listen because she loves him & knows he is right.

« previous 1 3