Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - Your Personal eReader > Nook Lights, Cases?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Raggedyann (new)

Raggedyann | 62 comments Are you using a light on your nook? How about a case? I think I'm going to want a light, but I don't want anything that will be heavy or cumbersome.

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) I bought the Lyra light and hated it! It would fall off every time I clipped it on and it wasn't that bright. I bought a Kandle light even though it's for the Kindle it works perfectly with my Nook and is really bright. When I first got my Nook I bought one of the silicone cases at B&N which I still use but I've upgraded to a prettier case.

message 3: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (alexisfromoregon) I have a case I love http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Madis...

still looking for a light- I'm going to go check out the kandle one now (thanks Lori).

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) I got this case and love it! http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Lilly...

I'd recommend the Kandle to anyone who wants a bright light, I haven't really had many book lights but this one works!

message 5: by Jamie (JK) (last edited Sep 13, 2010 07:25AM) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) Alexis wrote: "I have a case I love http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Madis...

still looking for a light- I'm going to go check out the kandle one now (thanks ..."

I wish I had seen that case when I picked out mine... I love the Alice in Wonderland case, but I really like how that one is closed. I'm always worried I'm going to drop my nook and it'll be on that open side of the case. >.<

As for a light, I just went to B&N and picked up a regular book light. It clips onto the back of the case just fine.

message 6: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo The light I bought was the ones they sell for the nook. I find sometimes when I use it. it might get alittle lighter than darker it doesn't stay the same. Almost like the light is going to go out because it gets hot.

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) Donnajo wrote: "The light I bought was the ones they sell for the nook. I find sometimes when I use it. it might get alittle lighter than darker it doesn't stay the same. Almost like the light is going to go out..."

That also happened to me, it was pretty sensitive, sometimes I would move and the light would go off..it was really frustrating!

message 8: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo It doesn't exactly go off but lightly blinks. I'll have to either buy another or find something different.

message 9: by Bree (new)

Bree (simplyparticular) I loathed the Lyra light so I returned it within 48 hours of buying it. Way too much glare and it left a huge Nook-shaped shadow on my bedroom wall, which my bedmates didn't appreciate. And it uses those annoying coin batteries, which I don't like to keep around because of the kiddos.

I now use an eBook-Lite, which I bought at Target. Here is a link to pictures and my review:
http://www.simplyparticular.com/2010/...

message 10: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Bree, enjoyed your site thanks for sharing. I was thinking of going to target today but didn't will probably go so point this week since it's right up the highway from me. I'm getting that light. It sounds perfect.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I have the B&N one and it seems like I have to click it at least 20 times to go on, and it's barely been used.

Once it's on, it works fine, but it looks like according to opinion that there are better lights out there.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (classyfied) I bought a case and book light from M-Edge. The case has a slot in the back for the light. I'm pretty happy with both.
http://www.medgestore.com/products/no...
http://www.medgestore.com/products/no...

message 13: by Bree (new)

Bree (simplyparticular) The M-Edge light is nice. It was my favorite until I found the eBook-Lite. I like lights that have more than one brightness setting, since I find the quite bright in a full-dark bedroom. The other bonus to the M-Edge and eBook-Lite are that they both use AAA batteries. So you can use rechargeables if you want.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I bought my Nook at Best Buy and got my cover for it there. It is called M-Edge Accessories - Executive Jacket for nook - Purple,

I thought the Nook had a light in the background so I didn't get a light for it, but the next day my hubby went and got the light that goes with the M-Edge and it fits perfectly with 2 levels of light on it.
And it is called M-Edge Accessories - e-Luminator2 Book Light - White

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/E-Readers...

message 15: by Raggedyann (new)

Raggedyann | 62 comments Does it strike anybody else as crazy that the lights are so expensive?

message 16: by Kelstar (new)

Kelstar | 6 comments Any accessories I have gotten for my nook from the barnes and noble store I have found to be crappy and overpriced. I returned my case and ordered a javoedge online I really like it and it's very pretty.

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/p...

message 17: by Tara (new)

Tara | 26 comments Latresa wrote: "I bought my Nook at Best Buy and got my cover for it there. It is called M-Edge Accessories - Executive Jacket for nook - Purple,

I thought the Nook had a light in the background so I didn't ge..."

I also got my Nook at Best Buy and I have the purple exceutive case to. That's actually all they had, either black or purple. I really like it.

message 18: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo I think I'll check out the new best buy out on the highway by me. It's by Borders. For another case to use since it will take awhile before I get my canvas for my needlepoint case done. Haven't even started it yet.

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary | 7 comments I love my M-Edge light also. I would love to do s needlepoint cover. Note for the future.

message 20: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo It's small and can be inserted into the cover so it's even better. The company that does them is Leigh designs I believe the name is. I can probably get you the exact website if you want.

message 21: by Raggedyann (new)

Raggedyann | 62 comments I bought a very nice executive case on eBay. It's leather, with pockets for drivers license, credit cards, money, etc. Unfortunately, it doubles the weight of the Nook. Since I have arthritis in both hands, that's not good.

message 22: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo I went and bought the light at Target today. I had to ask since I at first didn't see them. The guy only told me where they where then went back to whatever he was doing by the tvs. Then I had to again ask if I could have the one I wanted. I felt like I was bothering him. He looked around like if anyone else was around that could help me then he got it out and walked up to the counter and I had to pay him for it. You would have thought he would have walked with me over to the glass case and showed me where they were then asked if I wanted to see any but no it was he was being bothered. I haven't tried it yet since I was in and out the rest of the day. I'll check it out tomorrow.

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Most of the cases are really cute, but are they really necessary? I may get one, in the future . . .

And a light! Yes, I need one of those. Badly.

message 24: by Joyce (last edited Sep 17, 2010 08:18PM) (new)

Joyce (eternity21) | 81 comments My niece got my the Kandle and I love it! As for case hubby bought me the silicone one but I didn't like it. I got the Industrial design for the nook. At least I think that it the name. It is the one that opens vertically so that you can stand it up. Not pretty but it is nice for protection as it won't fall out as it clips in.
To make it pretty I bought a skin from decalgirl.com which gives you a free wallpaper.

message 25: by Raggedyann (new)

Raggedyann | 62 comments I saw a cork stand up case somewhere for the Nook. Wish I had bookmarked it. I like the idea of being able to stand it up if I want to do that.

message 26: by Therese (new)

Therese Mehta | 3 comments Raggedyann wrote: "I saw a cork stand up case somewhere for the Nook. Wish I had bookmarked it. I like the idea of being able to stand it up if I want to do that."

Is it possibly the Javoedge Cork Nook case?

message 27: by Therese (new)

Therese Mehta | 3 comments What about this one? No gold but it looks like a real book. It says they can make a Nook one but I can't find a specific listing for it. I"m tempted- it's so nice looking!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/68102506/...

message 28: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments That is a really nice case Therese!

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 21, 2011 11:08AM) (new)

I have the Nook case I got from B & N that has the light built in. It is a full cover on the front and a small amount on the back. I read in bed every night and I love this case. My husband is not kept awake by the light and I can see great. It has it's own battery so does not run the Nook down.

message 30: by Sara (new)

Sara (sarajoybrown) | 12 comments I, too, had the Madison cover, but in the maroon color. I absolutely LOVED it, and got compliments on it everywhere I went - my only complaint is that they don't make anything like it for the NookColor!! I gave my 8-year-old my Nook for Christmas, so the Madison cover didn't really suit her, so now I'm looking to sell the Madison cover if anyone's interested - just pm me! Anyone have a NookColor case that they're happy with?

message 31: by Lacie (new)

Lacie (Darkangel78) (darkangel78) I use this one with my NookColor...
http://www.amazon.com/Barnes-Reader-C...

Love it! Plenty of room to hold the cable/charger/extra SD cards/headphones.

message 32: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie Bree wrote: "The M-Edge light is nice. It was my favorite until I found the eBook-Lite. I like lights that have more than one brightness setting, since I find the quite bright in a full-dark bedroom. The other ..."

How's the eBook•Lite working for you now Bree?

I am in dire need of a new light since the Nook light (lyra?) is crap. I have to constantly move the nook to get the angle right so I don't have any hot spots or have enough light to read.

message 33: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments I got both of these...
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Pater... but I didn't really like the way it held the Nookcolor

Now I have use this one...
http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Montg... which is working pretty well. It is kind of like the old one I used to have for my Nook 3G.

message 34: by Deb (new)

Deb | 21 comments This cover was on sale http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Murie... when I bought my Nook Color so I figured I'd start with it. It does what I want it to do--hold the Nook tightly with outlets accessible and the cover has a clasp (elastic). The only drawback is fact the cover is material can get dirty.

I'd like something in a soft black or dark brown leather eventually. ;)

message 35: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (arya_stark) | 10 comments I have this one and I love it: http://www.amazon.com/JAVOedge-Cherry...
I don't use a light for my Nook.

message 36: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Margaret wrote: "I have this one and I love it: http://www.amazon.com/JAVOedge-Cherry...
I don't use a light for my Nook."

I too love the Javoedgge covers! I have the Denim one and it's perfect.I use the the Mghty Bright Flex arm light and also love it!

message 37: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
Can someone recommend a case for the Touch? I'm looking for a protective travel case, not something to use while I'm actually reading. Prefer something inexpensive but pretty is worth paying a little more for. :-) I'd like it to be a good fit and not take up a lot of extra space, but protecting it is the most important thing.

message 38: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments I haven't really found a good case for the Nook that isn't on when I am reading. I did see the the oberondesign.com site had a new one, but that is $60. A little out of what I want to spend.

message 39: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice Donnajo wrote: "I think I'll check out the new best buy out on the highway by me. It's by Borders. For another case to use since it will take awhile before I get my canvas for my needlepoint case done. Haven't ..."
I'd love to see your needlepoint case. where did you get it? I do all kinds of needlework and it would be awesome to have a case like that.

message 40: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments willaful wrote: "Can someone recommend a case for the Touch? I'm looking for a protective travel case, not something to use while I'm actually reading. Prefer something inexpensive but pretty is worth paying a litt..."

Willaful, do you not like the cases that B&N sells for the Nook Touch???

message 41: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (last edited Sep 03, 2011 08:02PM) (new)

My experience is that accessories sold by B&N are much more expensive than I can get them elsewhere. Actually, looking at the site now, their prices seem to have gotten more reasonable -- but they seem to only have covers and I want a case.

message 42: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments Yeah I kind of want a sleeve too! I don't really like the way the cases hold the Nook Touch and I like how light the Nook Touch is without the case.

message 43: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments Hmm, let me know what you ladies find - I plan to purchase the Nook Touch and would like to have options - I do remember that Best Buy sold covers for the Original Nook, I wonder if they will sell them for Nook Touch as well.....

message 44: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments They do...however I haven't found anything that I liked yet. I really like the oberondesign.com sleeves. Maybe I will ask for one for Christmas. Since I buy all my own expensive gifts.

message 45: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 81 comments I still have the original nook, but I found my cover at Amazon, and I love it! My light was a cheapo that I got at Wal Mart for like $4, and it's really great also. I know you can find tons of stuff like that online. My biggest concern with the cover is that it's padded in case I (gasp!) drop it.

message 46: by Shola (new)

Shola (sholafavor) | 18 comments i got my nook cover from Javoedge, try the website also on amazon

message 47: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

I bought an inexpensive case on ebay and I hate it. :-( It's supposed to work as an easel and doesn't and it just bugs me generally. Guess I'll have to shell out some money for something nice.

message 48: by Poppy (last edited Oct 04, 2011 08:41AM) (new)

Poppy Square (poppysquare) willaful wrote: "I bought an inexpensive case on ebay and I hate it. :-( It's supposed to work as an easel and doesn't and it just bugs me generally. Guess I'll have to shell out some money for something nice."

What case did you buy? I've been looking at one on Amazon that is an easel style and is inexpensive compared to others and have seen some good reviews. I'd be interested in knowing which one you purchased and what specifically you don't like about it.

Thanks.

message 49: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

Mine is by skindigital, it's one of the leather ones, flip top, supposed to work as an easel, but doesn't. Also, the way it's cut makes it hard to use the page turn buttons, and I find the bright color distracting, don't like the closure... really, just hate it overall. Link to the one you're looking at and I'll tell you if it's the same, they sell them under several different names.

message 50: by Poppy (last edited Oct 04, 2011 10:53AM) (new)

Poppy Square (poppysquare) It's not the same... This is the one that I've been wanting to get for my nook. It is a pretty one.

http://www.amazon.com/JAVOedge-Cherry...

« previous 1