Study Buddies discussion

Ask Maria > I would love to read a story about Devlen's past:)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie R (magiccircle) | 26 comments I would love to know more about the enigma that is Devlen:) Also how do you pronounce Cahil? I am from Australia and it would be pronounced Kay-hill here but in Ireland there is a surname Cahill and it is pronounced ka-hull? Ulrick is an unusual name. Does it have a meaning? ~Jessie~x

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments Devlen's past would make a good story - I'll have to think about it :)

I pronounce Cahil like you do, Kay-Hill. And Ulrick is Old German and it means "ruler of all" or "wolf ruler"

I wrote a blog about the names and their meanings for Reading Rocks 4 Me - here's a link if you're interested: http://www.readingrocks4me.com/2010/0...

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments Interesting. Thanks for the link!

I'm a little embarrassed but I've been pronouncing Cahil's name wrong. I thought it was like KA-ail. Oops.

message 4: by Jessie (new)

Jessie R (magiccircle) | 26 comments Awesome! At least this puts the family Cahil arguement to rest.. Although it's a shame my boyfriend was right.. I will never hear the end of it!! Thanx for the link xx

message 5: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (thesophiachang) | 10 comments Maria I'm dying to know what Devlen looks like in your head.

*slight spoiler alert folks*

I totally fell in love with him as our beloved heroine did. I actually cried when she finally expressed herself in that rocky cave.

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments I wrote up a character profile for him and a bunch of other characters for a SEA GLASS Widget the UK office made last year. It even has pictures of everyone's weapons. I'll give you a link to the page - the widget is on the right and if you click on characters there will be a list. Here's the link: http://www.mariavsnyder.com/UK.php

I hope this helps :)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Thanks for the links.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna (missdonna00) | 8 comments OMG.. Ya his voice so wrong, not the way I imagined it at all!! haha :P

message 9: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments LOL - no his voice on the trailer is all wrong :) However, the accent Gabra Zackman uses on the audio books is perfect. And I've some GREAT NEWS!! Gabra is reading TOUCH OF POWER!!! I love her so I'm thrilled beyond words :)

message 10: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments I can't wait Maria!

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments Maybe I need to give the audiobooks another try. I bought Poison Study and couldn't make it through a chapter. Yelena was too... passive. If that makes any sense.

message 12: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments She gets more active after the first chapter! Go read/listen to it!! It's amazing!

message 13: by Alethea (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 481 comments Mod
Renée wrote: "She gets more active after the first chapter! Go read/listen to it!! It's amazing!"

Sorry, I've been gone a while, haha. I love Gabra Zackman's reading for all the characters but I don't think she REALLY hits her stride until Magic Study... I am really glad she is reading the Healer series too. They switched readers for the Glass series and while I'm sure the actress is a lovely person, she does not properly fit what I think Opal should sound like. She sounds old! And she's supposed to be like, 20ish. :/

message 14: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Arnold | 13 comments Jessie wrote: "I would love to know more about the enigma that is Devlen:) Also how do you pronounce Cahil? I am from Australia and it would be pronounced Kay-hill here but in Ireland there is a surname Cahill an..."

Ohhhhhh, I'm from England and have been pronouncing it Ka-heel. I do that a lot... oops! ;D

message 15: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments Izzy - there is no right or wrong way to pronounce a character's name - it's just how I say it, you can pronounce it any way you like :)