Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > What are some complete series

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LibraryLass (last edited Sep 06, 2010 04:24PM) (new)

LibraryLass | 81 comments I have just been trolling through some of the series posts on here and see that there is some frustration on the neveredingness of some series. I am relatively new to this genre compared to a lot of others, and have been buying books like mad trying to keep up. My frustration is there are soooooo many series and they seem to be neverending.

My question is therefore, what are some good PNR series or UF (with strong romance elements) that are complete? Would appreciate your suggestions

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Kelly Armstrong's darkest powers series is complete, but its more ya paranormal than PNR. The vampire academy series by richelle mead will be complete in December, but again its ya. The fever series by Karen Marie moning is UF and will be complete in January. Do not start reading this series until close to January as the cliff hanger is HORRIBLE and will drive you crazy (the series is THAT good).

message 3: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 81 comments Thanks Jennifer. I am one of these people that if I am reading a UF series I like to only start it when I know it is complete!!! Doesn't worry me too much about the PNR as they should have a HEA anyway. I don't mind YA series so thanks for the tips - I have started vampire academy and decided to wait until the last one comes out before finishing it (I got up to bk 2).

message 4: by Desperado (last edited Sep 06, 2010 04:57PM) (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments Hmmm. It's pretty hard to find a series that's completed period, better yet one in those genres. The literary world seems to have an aversion for stand alone novels these days. Looking through my shelves, I found these:

Bound In Darkness series by Lucy Blue
My Demon's Kiss (Bound in Darkness) by Lucy Blue The Devil's Knight (Bound in Darkness) by Lucy Blue Dark Angel by Lucy Blue

Drake Sisters series by Christine Feehan
Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1)  by Christine Feehan The Twilight Before Christmas (Includes Drake Sisters, #2; Christmas, #2) by Christine Feehan Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3) by Christine Feehan Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4) by Christine Feehan Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5) by Christine Feehan Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, #6) by Christine Feehan Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters, #7) by Christine Feehan

Fyne Witches by Linda Winstead Jones
The Sun Witch (Fyne Witches, Book 1) by Linda Winstead Jones The Moon Witch (Fyne Witches, Book 2) by Linda Winstead Jones The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3) by Linda Winstead Jones

Aisling Grey, Guardian series by Katie MacAlister
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister Light My Fire (Aisling Grey Guardian, #3) by Katie MacAlister Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey Guardian, #4) by Katie MacAlister

Magic series by Cheyenne McCray
Forbidden Magic (Magic Series, #1) by Cheyenne McCray Seduced by Magic (Magic Series, #2) by Cheyenne McCray Wicked Magic (Magic Series, #3) by Cheyenne McCray Shadow Magic (Magic Series, #4) by Cheyenne McCray Dark Magic (Magic Series, #5) by Cheyenne McCray

Darkyn series by Lynn Viehl
If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) by Lynn Viehl Private Demon (Darkyn, #2) by Lynn Viehl Dark Need (Darkyn, #3) by Lynn Viehl Night Lost (Darkyn, #4) by Lynn Viehl Evermore (Darkyn, #5) by Lynn Viehl Twilight Fall (Darkyn, #6) by Lynn Viehl Stay the Night (Darkyn, #7) by Lynn Viehl

ETA: Sorry, couldn't find any completed UF series.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Library Lass, I know exactly what you mean! I have mistakenly thought series were complete, only to be stuck in this waiting game! LethalLovely, ill have to look into those series as well! I love the Aisling Grey series, and its so fun that she is in the spin off series about the silver dragons.

message 6: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 81 comments Awesome LL! Thanks heaps. I've just started Lynn Viehls'series so am glad to see that there is an end. It is extremely hard on the wallet with all this exciting series - and I still love my favourite sub-genre romantic suspense and that is starting to be filled with series as well. U are right stand-alones seem to be a rarity these days.

message 7: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments Thank you both & I'm glad I could help!

Jennifer, I didn't much like the Silver Dragons spin-off but I have high hopes for her Light Dragons spin-off. While I love that there was an ending to the Guardian series, I wish MacAlister would continue it! I love Aisling & Drake!

Library Lass, I don't know how far along your in the Darkyn series but I must warn you, it's not your typical PNR. It's got alot of UF elements & sometimes the romance sits on the backburner.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I agree, I wasn't as much a fan of the silver dragons as aisling and Drake, but at least they were in the spin off!

message 9: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 81 comments Thanks for the headsup LL. I have only read the first Darkyn and thoroughly enjoyed it. Luckily for me a, one of my customers at work has bought the whole series and has lent it to me. (We are both fans of BD and are swapping books ;))

message 10: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments The Brotherhood of Blood by Kathleen Smith is a completed series and the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione just finished with Sin Undone. Both of these series are PNR. Brotherhood of Blood was very good. the first book was okay but the other 4 books were fantastic(read this series in order). You will love the Demonica Series.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 06, 2010 05:55PM) (new)

Sabrina Fair wrote: "The closest to a complete series I can think of is Richelle Mead's Georgina Kinkaid series. Last one is coming out next year.

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle MeadSuccubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead[b..."

The last Vampire Academy book is out next year too, I think. The last in the Fever series (Karen Marie Moning) is due out next year as well.

You know, I JUST asked this question in my Smut group the other day, do you guys have spies? lol!

Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series is also done.

message 12: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 182 comments I'm a never ending series kind of girl. but...
Jennifer Armintrout Blood Ties series is complete and it's very good
The Turning (Blood Ties, #1) by Jennifer Armintrout Possession (Blood Ties, #2) by Jennifer Armintrout Ashes To Ashes (Blood Ties, #3) by Jennifer Armintrout All Souls' Night (Blood Ties, #4) by Jennifer Armintrout

message 13: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments there r quite a few series wit theit final books comming out end of this year and the next.

message 14: by Stacie (new)

Stacie H. (staciemh) | 75 comments The Jane Jameson trilogy by Molly Harper is also complete. The Shifters series by Rachel Vincent will be complete as of October. I think that the Highlander series by Karen Marie Moning is done.

message 15: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Librarylass, glad you're liking Darkyn. If you liked the first book, you'll probably like the rest.

I second the Demonica series. Strong, sexy romance and great world-building.

message 16: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Sep 06, 2010 11:28PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This series is complete except for the last book, which comes out on October 1st, less than a month away.

Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent

Just saw Stacie's post, sorry for the repeat.

A lot of good series are almost complete with the exception of one last book coming out within the next few months, like Moning's Fever series and Wilson's Tairen Soul.

message 17: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 81 comments Thanks! I'm gonna have to sort out a list so I can keep track now. I have read the first in Tairen Soul and LOVED it, so of course me being me... I now refuse to read the rest until the last one is published and I can read the whole series. Obviously I have a problem with patience (or the lack thereof).

JESSICA ~Snuggly Bear Paws~ (brenian) Jennifer wrote: "Library Lass, I know exactly what you mean! I have mistakenly thought series were complete, only to be stuck in this waiting game! LethalLovely, ill have to look into those series as well! I love t..."

The Darkyn Series is great. That was the first Series I started reading before I got hooked on PNR. Check out the Monere Series by Sunny. There is a book coming out next year for this Series. She also has another Series The Demon Princess Chronicles. I don't think it goes any farther then the 2 book. Erotica?.... OH YEAH

JESSICA ~Snuggly Bear Paws~ (brenian) Pansy wrote: "The Brotherhood of Blood by Kathleen Smith is a completed series and the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione just finished with Sin Undone. Both of these series are PNR. Brotherhood of Blood was very g..."

I love the Demonica Series. Anyone know if there will be anymore?

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments Hey LL & Jennifer, I really liked the Guardian series as Aisling and Drake were great. I also loved Jim and his naughty behavior!

I didn't care for the Silver Dragon series and stopped reading. I thought I would give MacAlister another try with the first book in the Light Dragon series. Has anyone read it yet?

message 21: by Stacie (new)

Stacie H. (staciemh) | 75 comments Heather, I read the first book in the Light Dragon series. It was okay; very typical for what Katie MacAlister writes. The flashbacks are probably the best parts of the whole book though.

message 22: by Akaria (new)

Akaria Gale | 101 comments Thirding Demonica. It's a short series (only five books) but each one is smokin' hot. Great action, great heroes and heroines, great worldbuilding. Very sexy reads. You will be blushing!

Ione is starting a new series set in the Demonica world about the four horsemen of the apocalypse. I beleive we met the hero of the first story in the last Demonica book.

message 23: by Caramelle (new)

Caramelle | 106 comments Akaria wrote: "Thirding Demonica. It's a short series (only five books) but each one is smokin' hot. Great action, great heroes and heroines, great worldbuilding. Very sexy reads. You will be blushing!

Ione is..."

Demonica is complete?!
I have 'Sin Undone' on my to-read list.
I've already placed my current read on hold for 'No Mercy', but if 'Sin Undone' is the finale of the Demonica series, that may be shoved to the top of my to-read list!

message 24: by ~~*Julie (new)

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson (jewl) | 66 comments if you are more into the pnr there is always The Circle trilogyby Nora Roberts

message 25: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments Jessica :) wrote: "Pansy wrote: "The Brotherhood of Blood by Kathleen Smith is a completed series and the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione just finished with Sin Undone. Both of these series are PNR. Brotherhood of Bl..."

Sin Undone was the final one of that series. She will be starting a new with the horsemen. They were mentioned in Sin Undone and she has an excerpt that you can read. It sounds great. I will really miss this series. I have enjoyed the Demon boys and girl.

message 26: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellymcgrath) I don't know if you would class these as paranormal but I do and really enjoyed them. They are by Brenda Joyce. This series has been completed.

Dark Suduction by Brenda Joyce Dark Rival (Masters of Time, #2) by Brenda Joyce Dark Embrace by Brenda Joyce Dark Victory (Rose Trilogy #2) (Masters of Time, #4) by Brenda Joyce Dark Lover (Rose Trilogy #3) (Masters of Time #5) by Brenda Joyce

message 27: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (hathor422) | 28 comments The Riley Jensen Guardian series by Keri Arthur, is complete, much to my dismay. There are 9 books in the series and they revolve around a vampire/werewolf guardian (cop) named Riley. The series is more urban fantasy than P.R. but it's great.

They are as follows:

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2) by Keri Arthur Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian, #4) by Keri Arthur Embraced By Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian, #5) by Keri Arthur The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian, #6) by Keri Arthur Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian, #7) by Keri Arthur Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian, #8) by Keri Arthur Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9) by Keri Arthur

message 28: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 81 comments @Ronnie - does the KA series have a romance element to it?? If so, how much??

message 29: by Jen ~The dreamer~ (last edited Sep 10, 2010 06:01AM) (new)

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments I'm sad the Demonica series is over :( But I am looking forward to the Horsemen of the Apocalypse! I recommend the Demonica series and the Georgina Kincaid Succubus series by Richelle Mead.

message 30: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (hathor422) | 28 comments LibraryLass wrote: "@Ronnie - does the KA series have a romance element to it?? If so, how much??"

Yes the series has romantic elements to it. The main character is more more wolf than vampire so her animal side pushes her into a lot of situations (I guess that's one way to put it). And through out the entire series, Riley's desire to find her wolf soul mate is a driving force in the plots. Her need to have that kind of love influences Riley's actions. I say it's more urban fantasy than paranormal romance because alot of the books in the series don't have that H.E.A ending that most P.R.'s do. Bound to Shadows ending was down right soul wrenching, but I so love this series. It's so worth checking out.

message 31: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2906 comments Kelly wrote: "I don't know if you would class these as paranormal but I do and really enjoyed them. They are by Brenda Joyce. This series has been completed.

Dark Suduction by Brenda Joyce [bo..."

I love series too. I found it so intriguing mixing these modern females having these all-powerful highlanders wrapped around their fingers. The romances are so sweet and the storylines are awesome!

message 32: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments LibraryLass wrote: "@Ronnie - does the KA series have a romance element to it?? If so, how much??"

The Riley Jenson series is definatley UF, but there is just too much meaningless sex for me. At the most random and inappropriate moments too. I read through book 2 and she had sex with atleast 5 different people, several times in the middle of near-death experiences. Hey, but for some people I guess that's just what they're looking for. Personally, I go for building romance...but to each his own.

message 33: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments Jennifer wrote: "Kelly Armstrong's darkest powers series is complete, but its more ya paranormal than PNR. The vampire academy series by richelle mead will be complete in December, but again its ya. The fever serie..."

The Vampire Academy series from Rose's point of view will be complete in December. Richelle is planning a spin-off for the series which she has already begun writing so the VA series itself is not over yet. It's just Rose's story that is reaching the end in December.

And thanks for the Darkest Powers series recommendation. I've heard of Kelly Armstrong but I haven't looked into any of her work yet. That series sounds interesting so I'll check it out.

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I hope you like it!

message 35: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 13 comments Has she mentioned who's POV will be in the spin-off, Scarlet?

message 36: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments Richelle said she will be writing from the point of view of multiple characters because the series will be about more than one person. I think that will prove to be quite interesting because so far all of Richelle's books have been strictly about one character's story.

message 37: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 13 comments Oh i love that idea. I hesitated to start this series because of the one single character POV throughout the series, but this is right up my alley.