Settings discussion

Please add....

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) | 82 comments Mod
Please list books here you would like me to add to the states. Title, author, and state it takes place in please.

message 2: by Cecilia (last edited Sep 05, 2010 12:36PM) (new)

Cecilia (cissygold) Okay, I am confused. You add the books? or do we? I added one to Ireland. Oops! Sorry if I did it wrong.

Maybe you could also add a section for future places. ie.. Hunger Games. North America Future Location of what is now the Appalachian Mountains (District 12) and the Rocky Mountains (The Capital)

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

it doesn't matter who adds the book.

where is the setting, District 12?

message 4: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cissygold) I know the Appalachian Mountains is the whole of the east coast. I must be Pennsylvania to Virgina since they have the coal mines.

This is what Wikipedia says... "District 12 is located in the coal-rich region "Appalachia," referring to the Appalachian Mountains in the eastern United States."

That is the best I can do for you.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

ok ty. for now i will set one up labeled District 12, then i change the name later.

Diane ~Firefly~ | 38 comments Mod
Connecticut - Vintage Magic Mystery series by Annette Blair

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) stephanie wrote: "ok ty. for now i will set one up labeled District 12, then i change the name later."

To me, that's confusing since District 12 isn't a state.

ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "stephanie wrote: "ok ty. for now i will set one up labeled District 12, then i change the name later."

To me, that's confusing since District 12 isn't a state."

Since it is specific to that book trilogy, maybe you might want just a general US label for books that take place in unspecified states in the US.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) That would make more sense Diane.

message 10: by Kaye (new)

Kaye (momgee) Just finished The Big Dirt Nap: A Dirty Business Mystery and it is set in CT

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Diane wrote: "ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "stephanie wrote: "ok ty. for now i will set one up labeled District 12, then i change the name later."

To me, that's confusing since District 12 isn't a state.

Since it is specific to that book trilogy, maybe you might want just a general US label for books that take place in unspecified states in the US.
"

ok changed the name!

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Kaye wrote: "Just finished The Big Dirt Nap: A Dirty Business Mystery and it is set in CT"

added!

message 14: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Oct 01, 2010 10:25AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic This is my first post. I am not sure if this group is genre specific but I am reading horror novel Pet Sematary by Stephen King. It is set in MAINE. I can get the city* too. It is mentioned but I forgot.

*Ludlow

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

I will add both. Thanks!

message 16: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Some new ones to add. Thanks!

CA - Unzipped series by Lois Greiman
CT - A Vintage Magic Mystery series by Annette Blair
ME - Highlander series by Janet Chapman
MA - Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian
MA - The Unsung Hero by Suzanne Brockmann
TX - Southern Witch series by Kimberly Frost

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "Some new ones to add. Thanks!

CA - Unzipped series by Lois Greiman
CT - A Vintage Magic Mystery series by Annette Blair
ME - Highlander series by Janet Chapman
MA - Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adria..."

added!

message 19: by Dee (last edited Feb 21, 2011 02:48PM) (new)

message 20: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "Finding Nouf and City of Veils: A Novel - both set in Saudi Arabia

Alaska - [book:The Cruelest Miles: The Heroic Story of Dogs And Men in a Race Against an Epidemic|1..."

Added. :)

Feel free to add your books directly to the bookshelf in the future. If the country doesn't exist, just add it as a new shelf. The states should all be there, they just start with USA-name.

message 21: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i tried adding a new shelf and it didn't like me :(

message 22: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "i tried adding a new shelf and it didn't like me :("

That's not good. What message did it give you?

message 23: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i don't even have an add-shelf button when i look at the list of the group shelves - normally or in the edit shelves view

message 24: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I added a bunch of shelves without any issues. Have you tried again? Sometimes it acts a bit funky.

message 25: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Oh and I have a question about a shelf...I added a shelf for 'Tahiti' but that's the largest island in the French Polynesia. Should I leave it as Tahiti because it's better known or change it to FP?

message 26: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) yeah - i still have no add shelves

message 27: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "yeah - i still have no add shelves"

Dee - try this and see if it works.

Enter book title - click Add to Group, click Choose Shelves, Scroll to bottom of box and enter name in space where it says New Shelf and click Save, then scroll up to put a check mark in that new shelves box and click Save Group Book.

message 28: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

D.G. wrote: "Oh and I have a question about a shelf...I added a shelf for 'Tahiti' but that's the largest island in the French Polynesia. Should I leave it as Tahiti because it's better known or change it to FP?"

That's a good question. I personally wouldn't have known to look for Tahiti under the French Polynesia. My thought would be to leave as is unless we start getting other options in the French Polynesia and then possibly combine. What does everyone else think?

message 29: by Stephanie (new)

I say leave it

message 30: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Makes sense, Diane. Also in the book, they talk about 'Tahiti' not FP. :)

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) ok, that works...i added a book to the newly made peru shelf

message 32: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "ok, that works...i added a book to the newly made peru shelf"

Yay, I'm so glad it is working!

message 33: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Didn't have argentina so I found and added a few.

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Yeah!

message 35: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 25 comments I added the country Malta and the book The Information Officer by Mark Mills .

message 36: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Great, keep up the good work!

message 37: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 25 comments Updated some of the harder to find American states. Will add more later.

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

:)

message 39: by Stephanie (new)

i also just added 3 books today

message 40: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 25 comments Great!

message 41: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 25 comments Checked out books posted in NBRC group "Vacation Destination Challenge" and added a bunch of books. ☺