Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Fantasy/Sci-Fi > Clockwork Angel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey | 1046 comments Just finished Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare yesterday and really loved it. Have you guys been able to pick this one up yet? I know it was just released this week, but it was really good - even better than her first trilogy in my opinion!

Karis (YA Litwit) Jacobstein (YALitwit) | 419 comments I loved, loved, loved Clockwork Angel!! I thought it was SO much better than the Mortal Instruments books. That said, it's backstory makes me want to go back and reread those books, in the hope that I'll get new insight into some of the descendant characters. The fact that I loved this book so much speaks volumes, because I (at most times) find Victorian era books on the tedious side. I didn't find this one to be at all, probably because of all the "technology". I am eagerly awaiting the November release of the 2nd book, Clockwork Prince. I couldn't put this book down, and if we get more of Will's story, I'm sure I will endure another sleepless night with it!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 70 comments I loved it and am re-reading it now, partly to pick up on the last names and connections to TMI books. However, I love TMI series quite a bit more than Clockwork Angel. I kind of like that Clary is more or less a mortal and am really not into the robot/machinery stuff. But Cassandra's writing is soooo good and I do like stories back a ways in history more than present time normally. TMI book remain my favorite of all YA books and nothing else has come close. Somehow all the characters are more alive to me than they are in CA or anything else I have read in this genre.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) Sounds steampunky... is it steampunky?

Karis (YA Litwit) Jacobstein (YALitwit) | 419 comments Heather wrote: "Sounds steampunky... is it steampunky?"

Hmmm. I guess, sort of. These's a stempunk element to it, for sure, but it's also very paranormal-romancy and magicy...

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I was really pleased with this book. I thought it was great. I love Tessa as a protagonist, and the Downworld is so cool!