What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Illustrated Man
This topic is about The Illustrated Man
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Ray Bradbury book about a man whose whole body is covered with tattoos, and these tattoos predict the future [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new) - added it

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments I was reading another book, Chasing Orion by Kathryn Lasky, and in it one of the characters is reading Ray Bradbury book that she says begins with "Now, as George and Lydia Hadley stood in the center of the room, the walls began to purr and recede into crystalline distance, it seemed, and presnetly an African veldt appeared, in three dimensions, on all sides, in colors reproduced to the final pebble and bit of straw. The ceiling above them became a deep sky with a hot yellow sun."
The character says the book is about a man whose whole body is covered with tattoos, and these tattoos predict the future, and I want to know what Ray Bradbury book is she reading?

message 3: by Minh-Anh (last edited Sep 04, 2010 10:01AM) (new)

Minh-Anh | 3 comments I think it's just a short story... it's called "The Veldt." And that's just an excerpt, not the beginning. If you want to read it, you can find it in... "The Illustrated Man." You'll find it if you look it up on Amazon. But it's not about tattoos or anything. That must be another book.

message 4: by Joseph (new) - added it

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments Thanks for the quick service, that appears to be it alright.

rivka | 302 comments Minh-Anh wrote: "That must be another book."

No, it's the title story of the same book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Illustrated Man (other topics)
Chasing Orion (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kathryn Lasky (other topics)