Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

September Read-a-thon Discussion and Progress

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I'm so sorry I got this on late.
Pleas check in when you need a break. Good luck everyone.

message 2: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 247 comments Haha so I am up but not reading...since I am getting ready for work. I will be trying my best to fit some in later though. It should be a little slower at work today than usual.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments Almost time, yeah!
I don't know how well I am going to do this time since my husband ended up with the day off. When I signed up for this I thought he would be at work, but now who knows how it will work out.

message 4: by Dee (last edited Sep 04, 2010 06:30AM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 776 comments Mod
yay!! by my clock is it currentlt 8:03 am and I have commenced!! lol!!

First up is:
The Binding Chair or, A Visit from the Foot Emancipation Society - Kathryn Harrison - 55 pages

9:30 - taking a break from first book to read something a bit lighter...
Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen

message 5: by Shay (new)

Shay | 330 comments I'm up, I'm drinking coffee, but I'm not reading yet. Having one of those days when I can't get up.

message 6: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 247 comments Ok nice slow day at work! I can get in some reading and still work on things in the office and watch my guys work. Oh how I love these days.

I started The Hunger Games a few days ago so hopefully I can finish it today.

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) First book:
School's Out - Forever by James Patterson - 409 pages

Total pages read:

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments ooh Dee, I hope you like Garden Spells, I loved it!

Taking my first break, been reading Tess Gerritsen for the FAM challenge, I chose The Bone Garden.

message 9: by Shay (new)

Shay | 330 comments Hope to make significant progress on The Passage. At page 182.

message 10: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I've been at it for 5 hrs. now. Took a 30 min break to take a shower and walk the dog. I finished the one I was already on before this started, The Likeness: A Novel, now I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty.

message 11: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I'm only just starting now. I was too sleepy in the morning to interrupt it. So I'm going to continue with The Passage. (Yay, Shay!) I'm only at page 55.

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) I am only just starting... I think I am going to try to fit in 24 hours during this weekend. Right now I am listening to South. When I get bored with this, I will read something lighter.

message 13: by Dee (last edited Sep 04, 2010 10:23AM) (new)

its 1pm my time...so far i've read 160 pages of The Binding Chair or, A Visit from the Foot Emancipation Society and 48 pages of Garden Spells - seem to just be going really slow today...lol!

I guess I should add, I have some serious book ADD right now and there is college football on...lol!

message 14: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 93 comments Why do I sleep late on readathon day?! Then I was so groggy that reading didn't even sound good (is that heresy?!) So only have 30 minutes so far, but at least I'm finally awake.

message 15: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I started reading at 8 am however, I had to take my car to the shop for a brake job so reading was sporadic what with driving and all. I finally finished Kiss Of Death a 241 page book at 1:30. UGH. Hopefully with no distractions, I will read the others faster.

Taking a tiny lunch break, then starting Elsewhere.

message 16: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I fell asleep half hour into reading. Great! I hope I had enough sleep today that I don't shut my lids until I really have to!

Margie (Bookzombie) (bookzombie08) I slept late too, it was much needed though and I have to go into work for a little bit so must of my reading will be completed later. I am sure I will finish You Don't Scare Me and at least get a second book started. Not exactly what I had planned but oh well life gets in the way. :-)

message 18: by Shay (new)

Shay | 330 comments Finished Wicked Witch Murder, read 197 pages. Can't get into The Passage. Kind of bouncing about on several different books.

message 19: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I just finished my second book. A Great and Terrible Beauty 403 pages.
I started @ 5 this morning with only 2 30 min. breaks. On to the 3rd book. One Foot in the Grave

message 20: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 247 comments You are doing awesome Lisa!

message 21: by Joanie (new)

Joanie (joaniemaloney) Starting Norwegian Wood and I'm very excited! Didn't realize this was on today so I'm a bit late, but I should be free for most of today. Plus I missed August's read-a-thon so I'm glad this one is before the school year starting!

message 22: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments That is great Lisa, wish I could read that fast.

message 23: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Lisa, you are doing fabulous! I'm going to use you as my inspiration and read without too many distractions!

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Wow, Lisa. You are doing great! I am still on my first book. Of course, listening to it on audio is a slow going and I am multi-tasking... have to work at the same time!

message 25: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) My first book, was a left over from Friday. I only had 50 pages to finish it.

Thanks for the compliment guys!:)

message 26: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I put aside The Passage for now, and picked up The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. Really riveting book, the second one.

message 27: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 93 comments Great going, Lisa!
I got in two more hours, but am not even halfway thru my book.

message 28: by Dee (last edited Sep 04, 2010 03:53PM) (new)

finished up Garden Spells for 290 pages (after driving home from work - that was my break)...I enjoyed it, but I liked the Girl Who Chased the Moon more

Current Total - 450 pages

message 29: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I'm now on book 4. #2 Elsewhere which was horrible, #3 The Coven which was pretty good. Will start #4 Blood Witch after a short dinner break.

message 30: by Shay (new)

Shay | 330 comments Aths, no book as long as The Passage has any business not being beyond great. Unfortunately, to me, it's not even really good.

Finished The Cat, the Professor and the Poison. 174 pages.

message 31: by Dee (new)

finished up Lover Unbound (started at 50%) - 254 pages

almost done with The Lion of Kent (started at 34%) - 74 pages (its only 112 pages long in total)...

Current Total - 778 pages
1 complete book finished
2 partially started books finished
1 book in progress (hoping to knock it out in the am - since i'll have 2 hours at work before the read-a-thon ends)

reading time...about 10 hours on and off

message 32: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I just finshed my third book. this one took me alittle longer since my family decided they really needed to talk to me about nonsense. LOL
Still only two 30 min. breaks. Now on to number 4. Jilted by Death

message 33: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I got distracted for long, and now need to settle back into reading. Haven't made much progress, I hope to make up in the next few hours.

message 34: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) I am in my 9th hour and still on the same book. South is still as boring half-way through as it was in the beginning...

message 35: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Well, I've decided to call it a night. I'll list my final totals when I wake up.

message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Lisa S wrote: "Well, I've decided to call it a night. I'll list my final totals when I wake up."

Goodnight, Lisa. You did a lot today! I have to be up in 5 hours so I either need to go to sleep now or resign myself to an all-nighter...

message 37: by Dee (new)

Finished up The Binding Chair or, A Visit from the Foot Emancipation Society and 20 minutes shy of 8am EST, so i'm calling it quits. Final total to be posted in a bit

message 38: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 93 comments Obviously I was not in full reading mode yesterday, as I overslept, and then was too easily distracted by real life! I only finished one book, Running Hot and barely started Blood and Chocolate. Read for only about 7 hours.

Congratulations to those who were in the readathon zone!!

message 39: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Well, I didn't do too well at this. After not having read much for almost a month, it was a little difficult to read for long periods. I managed to somehow get in the groove, but by then the readathon was over.

message 40: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Congrats to all who did the readathon, even if you didn't do as well as you hoped!