Dementia - Reading Challenges discussion

Title Challenges > Artists

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Dec 08, 2010 05:05PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 532 comments Mod
Pick your favorite artist and/or architect. Give us a little bit of information and then post a photo(s), or a link to a photo, of your favorite work(s) done by this person. Then, read their name. You can do this with multiple artists if you choose.

message 2: by Heather (last edited May 15, 2012 02:21PM) (new)

One of my favorite artists is Antonio Canova. He was a Venetian whose neoclassical marble sculptures always catch my attention. Many of his sculptures refer to classical themes, but others were political in nature. He created sculptures of Napoleon, Napoleon's sister as Aphrodite, and George Washington himself.
Some of my favorites are The Three Graces, Cupid and Psyche Examining a Butterfly, and Theseus and the Minotar:

Completed 6 of 6

C - Changeless by Gail Carriger 10/16 ★★★
A - The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox 2/19
N - Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon 9/12 ★★★1/2
O - Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison 9/23 ★★
V - The Vampire Voss by Colleen Gleason 4/11 ★★★
A - Angel's Peak by Robyn Carr

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) by Angie Fox Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison The Vampire Voss (Regency Draculia #1) by Colleen Gleason Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #10) by Robyn Carr

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela B Hmmm I don't think I have a favorite artist....I shall have to think about this one

message 4: by Heather (new)

My problem is that I have too many since Art History is my specialty.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela B haha Yeah that would make it harder :)

message 6: by Heather (new)

I need an idea for a V book.