Outhouse of Uncool discussion

Therapy Room > Why it seems that I’m the only one that thinks that the stuff that I love is cool?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) Apparently I’m that guy who didn’t got the memo… I have try to explain people how cool my favorite books, movies, TV shows, and “hobbies” are… but it seems that nobody agrees with me and it makes me sad… I mean could it possibly be me??? Am I uncool and I’m just too stubborn to realize??? Why can nobody (but some dude in England) agree that The Silmarillion is the greatest book ever writing in the history of humanity???, why only people that I’ve met only agree with me that Monty Python and the holy grail is the funniest movie in the whole universe (I haven’t actually seen any movies from other planets but I’m willing to bet money that this one is funnier than all of them!)!?? Why did Seth, and almost everybody else (those brave enough to agree to watch some of it) said that Evangelion sux??? Dude is a great TV show and a great movie!!!!! Why everyone says that going to a book store and sitting there for a few hours to read is a trip to loser village? Dude is great!!!I go there I sit there I read there and it makes me happy cuz I think that’s the only place where I don’t look out of place!!!

message 2: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Jul 03, 2008 08:03PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" Face it, Alfonso.
You aren't cool. Only a nerd would love The Silmarillion.
Welcome home!

Jackie "the Librarian" Nah, that just makes you even uncooler, I think.

message 4: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Sarah, you are definitely uncool enough to hang out in here. I am baffled by the Monty Python admission. How have you avoided it all this time?

Alfonso... have you read this book?

The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

I think it would be right up your alley.

message 5: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Jul 03, 2008 11:04PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" I think we can fix this problem right here:

Dead Parrot

Ministry of Silly Walks

Anyone else have a skit they think Sarah M. should see?

Jackie "the Librarian" And how could I forget this little gem?

The Fish Slapping Dance

message 7: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Jul 03, 2008 11:25PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" Yay! Now you are initiated in Monty Python, Sarah!

Those clips were all from the TV show. Here's a couple of bits from the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They are a bit slow, and very silly. Watch at your leisure...

French Taunting

The Knights Who Say Ni

message 8: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Yay!!! Al is here!!!

Sarah, I prefer Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life myself...but I'm way uncool, so whatever.

Al, I don't see anything wrong with any of the stuff you posted. But, I'm pretty much one of those "I don't give a fuck what you think" kind of people. My sister gets all wigged out because if no one wants to see what I want to see, I'll go to a movie by myself, I don't care. That has to be more uncool than hanging out in the B&N reading (loads of people do that).

So, who won the chess match???

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123)

Jackie, thank you, now where is the mountain dew???

Amanda, yes I’m here =P if it says uncool… is extremely like it that I’ll be involve =P. the game haven’t finished yet… but Montambo is kicking my ass!!! I don’t think explaining all of my strategies was a great idea =( but I promised to teach!!! And teach I will!!! and on the I don’t give a fuck part... well I’m just tired if people don’t getting some of my jokes!!! Like the other day when I was trying to use the force on this door... and I had to explain what the force was... I feel so alienated!

Chari, I read MR. Greg review on it… but I didn’t notice what the book was about!! I MUST READ THIS!!! Is so hard to be a Latino nerd!!!

Montambo I have a deal for you… I watch your movie you watch the mine??? (No, not evangelion I don’t want you to stop talking with me) the Holy Grail?? How about that?

message 10: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Alfonso... as I am reading this book I will be imagining Oscar as you. : )

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) Charissa, I only have one question… is there any Lembass/Mangu jokes in this book???? Cuz if there is, well you won’t be so far from the truth by picturing me as the main character of it…

message 12: by Charissa (last edited Jul 05, 2008 11:08AM) (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) so far there doesn't seem to be any Lembass/Mangu jokes...

But if you are talking about Lembas (the elvish food) and Mangu (the plantain food from the DR which is also a kind of witchcraft) I think it is only a matter of time until there is a joke about one or both of those things.

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) RE message 14: Alfonso, I'm obligated to point out that Amy was the one who was all "hip-hip-hooray" about your weird shit, not me. (People get us confused all the time--NO WORRIES!) And the reason I'm obligated to point it out is because I don't know what the hell half of those things are that you mentioned, and I don't want you liking me for the wrong reasons. hee hee

(Now I'm going to have to come up with some right reasons for you to like me. Let me think...)

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Hey, Alfonso, the Silmarillion is your favortie book right? I put it on my favorites-of-other-goodreaders shelf, in your honor.

message 15: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell The flipping-people-off avatar: right reason to like you or wrong?

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Right reason!!!!!!! Thanks, Dave. God, I was worried I wouldn't be able to think of anything. Whew. ;)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) Chari, if I find any Mangu/Lembas jokes I’m suing this guy!!! That’s my bit!!! You should hear my theories on how to use plantains on the Middle Earth… I mean they last long… (good for long trips) they delicious and there are a lot of recipes that you can do with them (there is a restaurant in DR that offers 100 different dishes made out of plantains) and if you cook me and don’t eat them they get really really hard!!! So you can use it as a weapon… throw 2 days old plantain at a Troll and I guarantee you a kill!!!

Amanda, when somebody calls you weird… in a haven for uncool people… then you know you are uncool! =(, sorry about the confusion but you talking to the only person on earth who will talk to a friend for 30 minutes face to face… and realized (too late) that I was confusing my friend with another friend….

And I did love that picture!! I think there was even a thread on Axis when I was shut down!!! It was so cool!!

And thank you for putting the Silmarillion on your shelves if you ever read it… well just let me know what you think of Fëanor… he is my favorite character ever -=P.

message 18: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) "Amanda, yes I’m here =P if it says uncool… is extremely like it that I’ll be involve =P. the game haven’t finished yet… but Montambo is kicking my ass!!! I don’t think explaining all of my strategies was a great idea =( but I promised to teach!!! And teach I will!!! and on the I don’t give a fuck part... well I’m just tired if people don’t getting some of my jokes!!! Like the other day when I was trying to use the force on this door... and I had to explain what the force was... I feel so alienated!

*Weeps silently that Al has forgotten her*