YA Must-Reads discussion

Your Review > Vampire Books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

~Tormiester~ (hatsoff343) | 363 comments Mod
Post your view regarding this topic. =^) We'd love to here your opinion.

message 2: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
definitely vampire academy with blue bloods, morganville vampires, and house of night coming right after

message 3: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Blue Bloods!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

the only vampire books i've read was the twilight saga

message 5: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

They were ok... It was a good romance (the books are TOTALLY better than the movies), but I definitely think that you should read blue bloods!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

^ i agree, but what is blue bloods about??

message 7: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
blue bloods is one of my fav vamp series!

message 8: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Destani wrote: "^ i agree, but what is blue bloods about??"

LOl, did you look it up?? It truly is a good series and there is a possibility that u'll like it dessii.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm to lazy to look it up, so no i did not, but i will

message 10: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

You lazy bum

message 11: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
ahem...I'll be the nice one (cough cough Tori) and summarize blue bloods!

actually I'll just take the summary from goodreads and post it here because I'm lazy too...

When the Mayflower set sail in 1620, it carried on board the men and women who would shape America: Miles Standish; John Alden; Constance Hopkins. But some among the Pilgrims were not pure of heart; they were not escaping religious persecution. Indeed, they were not even human. They were vampires.The vampires assimilated quickly into the New World. Rising to levels of enormous power, wealth, and influence, they were the celebrated blue bloods of American society.

The Blue Bloods vowed that their immortal status would remain a closely guarded secret. And they kept that secret for centuries. But now, in New York City, the secret is seeping out. Schuyler Van Alen is a sophomore at a prestigious private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes instead of the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates, and she lives with her reclusive grandmother in a dilapated mansion. Schuyler is a loner...and happy that way. Suddenly, when she turns fifteen, there is a visible mosaic of blue veins on her arm. She starts to crave raw food and she is having flashbacks to ancient times. Then a popular girl from her school is found dead... drained of all her blood. Schuyler doesn't know what to think, but she wants to find out the secrets the Blue Bloods are keeping. But is she herself in danger?

Could those vampire legends really be true? Steeped in vampire lore and set against the glittery backdrop of New York City, Blue Bloods will be devoured by Melissa de la Cruz's legion fans.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/87...

message 12: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

oh my lord... GEEZ PATTI!!

message 13: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) I've heard of it, but I don't know whether to read Blue Blood or not.
I like VA and HON, Twilight was okay. And I love The Sookie Stackhouse series.

message 14: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

I think you'll like the blue bloods, then.

message 15: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Blue Bloods was good. I though they were a little juvenile compared to the vampire books that are out there. But don't let that discourage you. I would read them again!

message 16: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Oooooo. I hope you are liking HON. And when you get to reading VA... You WILL like that series!!!!

message 17: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Ohhhh! Great series!!!! How far are you in HON? What book?

message 18: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Eeee....how are you liking them?

message 19: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Same! I love Aphrodite's transformation over the course of the books. I still have to read Tempted and Burned.

@Mistye- You will love VA! Definitely one of my favorite series.

message 20: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Ooooo, Patti!!!! Read, read, read!!!! Awakened is coming! VA, VD, and HON are my favorite too!

Has anyone read The Night World series? They are great. But I have been waiting for Strange Fate to come out of what feels like an eon!!!

message 21: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) I am reading Shadow Kiss and it is just awesome. :) I really need to get started on VD, they're sitting on my shelf waiting for me to read them.

message 22: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Read one night world book. It has the first three. Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, and...drawing a blank. They were pretty good though. Loved the last one, even though I can't remember the name.

I read the Vampire Diaries and I'm starting to notice a particular writing style with L.J. Smith. However, the TV show for VD is sooo much better than the book.

message 23: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Spellbinder is the 3rd. I have the ones like that. Where they put 3 books into one giant one. The last is Strange Fate. But she has been writing that one for a while now. Not sure if I will even be alive to read it! Lol....

message 24: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Hah....I can't really get into your HON or VA convos...since I haven't read that far...lol

message 25: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) Niether can I. But I have to say I like VA but I haven't read HON yet.

message 26: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Well, then. I have no business here. Since you two CLEARLY have no taste for vampire books...

Joking!!!! Bahaha! That's ok with me if you have not read them. You should though!

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) Lol, I'm getting there... slowly.

message 28: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) OMG I LOVED SHADOW KISS.
damn, too intense at the end .I can't wait to read Blood Promise.

message 29: by Camilla (last edited Dec 03, 2010 05:55AM) (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Rah! It's only 4 days away!!!!! For Last Sacrifice!!!!! Better get reading!!

message 30: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
People didn't like Blood Promise but I loved it! Did you Camilla?

message 31: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Hmmm... I am trying to think which one that is. *looks it up* ... ... ... Ah, yes! I did like that one! I thought that is had less action and was a nice ... what's the word I am looking for? ... It was slower than the others, and in a good way for me.

message 32: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

The series is quite interesting....but I feel that its lacking...something...

message 33: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
What is missing for you tormeister?

message 34: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Well, Chives, I'm not so sure of that, it's just a feeling. I feel like I've read it all before, like it's grabbed me before, but now I just let go of its grip, as if the rope became slippery and just slipped out. Who knows, maybe I just have to read it over again.

message 35: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Did you only read the first book?

message 36: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Nope, I read the second! =^)

message 37: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
ok Frostbite. well the next one, Shadow Kiss, is definitely one of the best of the series. go read it...NOW.

Finished Burned! I'm really annoyed that the summary said Aphrodite was a pivotal character but she only got 2 (3?) P.O.V.s!

message 38: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Haha Patti! HON can be like that!

message 39: by Belle (new)

Belle | 1 comments VA is the best! Also, try reading the Blood Coven series! I loved it.

message 40: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) Ohh! I agree with you Patti. I think Shadow Kiss, for me, is one of the best of the series. AHH! I NEED TO READ LAST SACRIFICE!

message 41: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments YES YOU DO!!! It's great! :D

message 42: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) I know I know! :)
My friend has it in spanish. Ugh. It is so tempting to read it, but I must be strong and wait for the english version.

message 43: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Erg...It's sitting on my shelf...waiting...must...resist...I don't want the series to end though! I'm going to try and reread all the books!

message 44: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliciairene) AHH! Me neither. It is a great series.

message 45: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

Currently, Vampire Crush is very good, but it makes me want to eat some French Toast.

message 46: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 177 comments Haha! I have never hear of Vampire Crush... I'll check that out!

message 47: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Okay, which book/series should I read first: Vampire Academy, Blue Bloods, or House of Night?

message 48: by ~Tormiester~, The Writer (new)

BLUE BLOODSSSSSS!!!!!!!

message 49: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 31 comments Blue Bloods it is! Just reserved it at the library!

message 50: by Patti, The Reader (new)

Patti | 327 comments Mod
Blue Bloods is a good one. Vampire Academy is excellent. I'm actually rereading the whole series again. House of Night could go either way. It's frustrating at times but the overall plot kept me reading. Hope you enjoy them!

« previous 1