Everything Paranormal discussion

What are you Reading? > September

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 1227 comments Mod
Dicuss the books you are reading or plan to read this month here.

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'm reading City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare , enjoying it so far.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 08, 2010 03:02AM) (new)

I just started Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto and plan to also start Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White and Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments currently reading Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #17) by Laurell K. Hamilton
and Blood Noir (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #16) by Laurell K. Hamilton was totally awesome!

message 6: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. Finished City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare , disturbing ending. I'm now reading Summer of the Dragon by Elizabeth Peters .

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) I've just finished Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost . Ok book, but I want more Kat and Bones. :o) Kind of nice that Mencheres gets a hea, after 900 years of nothing.

message 8: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I enjoyed that book too Ann.

message 9: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I'm (still) reading Dark and Stormy Knights.

message 10: by Michelle B (new)

Michelle B (karenshell) | 370 comments Mod
I'm reading Shadowfae (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #1) by Erica Hayes

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) I have recently got many new series including Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward, Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter, the Demonica series by Larissa Ione, the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian, Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole and a few more for my E-reader, I will enjoy geting everyones opinion and giving my own.

message 13: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I just finished Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2) by Pamela Palmer and What Happens In Vegas... Hot For You\Stripped\Red-Handed\The Deal by Anya Bast . Now I'm reading Love You to Death by Shannon K. Butcher .

message 14: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~, The Restorer (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 1227 comments Mod
Rebecca wrote: "I have recently got many new series including Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward, Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter, the Demonica series by Larissa Ione, the Midnight Breed series by Lar..."

Wow you have some great series there. They are all ones I adore. I hope you enjoy!

message 15: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I just finished Jenna Blacks Glimmerglass. Really good YA book about the Fae. Now I'm on to Branded by Fire!

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments i read this really good erotica novel over the weekend Dirty by Megan Hart . it was a contemporary novel. i hadn't read an erotica in a while, but i enjoyed it. it had a great plot. the characters were well developed and it had an ending that seemed plausible. and the sex scenes weren't off the top. i enjoy books like that. hadn't read anything by Megan Hart, but after reading this one i'll have to look up more titles by her.

message 17: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. Meme wrote: "i read this really good erotica novel over the weekend Dirty by Megan Hart. it was a contemporary novel. i hadn't read an erotica in a while, but i enjoyed it. it had a great plot. the charact..."

I have that book Meme. I did the same thing, read one of her books and then went on Ebay and bought a group of them. My library only has a few of her books.

message 18: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I finished Relentless (Federation Chronicles, #2) by Lauren Dane and Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate, #3) by Gail Carriger . I'm now reading Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre .

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "Meme wrote: "i read this really good erotica novel over the weekend Dirty by Megan Hart. it was a contemporary novel. i hadn't read an erotica in a while, but i enjoyed it. it had a great plot..."

Naked also sounded pretty interesting. have u read that one? are there any special ones u'd recommend?

message 20: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I read some of Megan Hart's short stories and really enjoyed them. She also writes with Lauren Dane on a couple of books and I've read 2 of Lauren Dane's books which I liked a lot. They both do the erotica books/stories very well.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments i have a couple of Lauren Dane's book on my TBR list. one is Ascension (Cherchez Pack, #1) by Lauren Dane . the plot sounds really good. if she writes at all like Megan Hart i'm sure i'll like her stuff as well.

message 22: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I'm reading Blaze of Memory. Can't get enough of this Psy-Changling series!

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments finished Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #17) by Laurell K. Hamilton which was fabulous. now reading Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris . i really enjoy the endearing moments between Sookie and Bill. although i'm hoping that Sookie and Eric get together. i have a feeling that will be an even better relationship =) i'll see eventually. i hear book 4 is when it gets really good. can't wait!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) Meme wrote: "i have a couple of Lauren Dane's book on my TBR list. one is Ascension (Cherchez Pack, #1) by Lauren Dane. the plot sounds really good. if she writes at all like Megan Hart i'm sure i'll like her stuff as well."

I really enjoyed this one, and the rest of the series....

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments cool! i'm having a hard time finding her novels in Half Priced Books, so i think i'll just purchase some on amazon. thanks for the input Nicole =)

message 26: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I finished Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3) by Pamela Palmer and am now starting Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2) by Sydney Croft .

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) Meme wrote: "cool! i'm having a hard time finding her novels in Half Priced Books, so i think i'll just purchase some on amazon. thanks for the input Nicole =)"

Not sure about physical books....but you can get most of them as e-books from amazon...although some of the earlier ones are cheaper at Ellora's Cave....

message 28: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I finished The Dresden Files Storm Front, Volume 1 - The Gathering Storm by Jim Butcher , Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2) by Sydney Croft and am now reading The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie .

message 29: by RockStar PH (new)

RockStar PH (wildbee) About to start The Haunting by Paul Doherty

message 30: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie and am now reading Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments Nichole wrote: "Meme wrote: "cool! i'm having a hard time finding her novels in Half Priced Books, so i think i'll just purchase some on amazon. thanks for the input Nicole =)"

Not sure about physical books....bu..."

cool. i'll check that out. do u have to have a specific device to receive e-books?

message 32: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Meme--you can have a dedicated ebook reader (Nook/Kindle) or you can have an app on your phone/computer/pocket PC/Netbook etc.

However, for those interested--CVS has Netbooks on sale right now for $99. Its the low end (i.e. $159.99) one, but still, that's almost $60 you save. I picked up one for my younger grandson (he'll be 12 in 14 days.) If I hadn't already treated myself to a Nook, I'd probably have gotten one for me too.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments thanks Ann. i'll look for an app on my phone for the time being. saving for my own comp now =)

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan finished Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost and currently reading Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3)  by Laurell K. Hamilton . I have been stuck on historical romance and been neglicting my paranormal romance books for too long.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "finished Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost and currently reading Circus of the Damned (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #3)  by Laurell K. Hamilton. I have been stuck on historical romance and be..."

it's been the complete opposite for me Megan. i've been neglecting my historical romance for PNR. hehe. i got hooked on Anita Blake and started other PNR and couldn't stop reading them. =) i see it as, every now and then u need a change. nothing wrong with that.

message 36: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I finished Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning , so good! Now I'm reading Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning .

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments started a book by a new author for me, Meg Cabot's Insatiable by Meg Cabot . only a few chapters in, but so far, so good. still tugging through Living Dead in Dallas. i reached a point that peaked my interest so i'm in to it again. it's really sad that i get bored with the book if i don't see Eric. i hope i'm not developing a problem =) i mean, Bill and Sookie are still great characters and all, but if there is no vampire interaction i get really bored. i still love the series =)

message 38: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (lush26) | 2 comments i need a new book series to read. pls help!

follow me on twitter: lush26
lushbookreviews.wordpress.com

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments finished Living Dead in Dallas. it was really good. towards the end it was pretty interesting with the Maenad and of course Eric =)
this book was definitely different from TrueBlood season 2. i'm glad i'm reading the books first now. started The Real Thing by J.J. Murray and still reading Insatiable by Meg Cabot

message 40: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I finished Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning and am now reading Blaze Wyndham by Bertrice Small .

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "I finished Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning and am now reading Blaze Wyndham by Bertrice Small."

Carolyn, i just love Bertrice Small! and Blaze Wyndam is one of her best. i hope u enjoy. Hellion is really good, the Innoncet is faboulous and The Kadin and the sequel Love Wild and Fair and also really good. i just about read all of her historical romance novels =)

message 42: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I have a few of her books, this was a "pick it for me" in the Bodice Ripper Readers group. I'm only at about page 10 but it's pretty good so far.

message 43: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) I decided to give Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison another try as its the only book I have ever put down and never picked back up after starting to read, and I am glad I did as im enjoying it. I am halfway through Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater and I think its fantastic.

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments finished The Real Thing and it was really good. great love story and had sports in it. new for me =)
started Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris last night and it is starting out sooo well. the scene Eric in Sookie's bed as she wakes up was hilarious! and his blunt honesty was even endearing. the fascination he has with her seems so genuine. i absolutely love it. and he's more honest with her than Bill is. just wish i could stay home and read all day =)
also reading Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1) by Cynthia Eden

message 45: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I finished A Date with the Other Side (Cuttersville, #1) by Erin McCarthy and am now reading Eve of Darkness (Marked, Book 1) by S.J. Day .

message 46: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) Meme wrote: "finished The Real Thing and it was really good. great love story and had sports in it. new for me =)
started Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris last night and it is starting out sooo well...."

I have read all the southern vampire mysteries and think they are fab! I was given the audiobooks as a gift from my sister and I am in the middle of Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris Its a diffrent experience listening instead of reading.

message 47: by Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (last edited Sep 20, 2010 02:21PM) (new)

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) @ rebecca - I really like the narrator for these books...can't remember her name at the moment......

message 48: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) Finishing up Howling at the Moon... Not sure what's next. Probably Bonds of Justice.

message 49: by RockStar PH (new)

RockStar PH (wildbee) Just started The Exorcist

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 77 comments i finished Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn
last night and now i think i understand when people say Urban Fantasy has no happily ever after compared to PNR. i was a bit disappointed by the ending =(
the story was pretty good but it could have ended so much better. not even with all the lovey dovey stuff too.

« previous 1